MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
huyzel

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

Metzeler M3 anyone?

Does anyone have the Metzeler M3 on their bike? I've tried the M1s on my last bike and was very happy with how it performed. I have the stock bridgestones on my 06 1000rr and i don't like how it feels. these tires have slipped a few times on some turns but after 2500 miles it is about time for a new rear but i am going to change the front to have a matching pair. my friends have the pilot sports on their bikes and they seem to like it. I had the d208s on my last bike aswell and it was great for the street but took a while for it to heat up.
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metzeler Z-6 190/50-17 $75 BD#270 WILD WEST MOTOPLEX 2 01-30-2013 12:09 PM
Anyone want a cheap Metzeler M-5 190/55-17? BD#270 WILD WEST MOTOPLEX 5 09-22-2012 01:53 PM
Go with Pilot Powers or Metzeler M3 Liqwed General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 05-31-2006 02:29 AM
Metzeler Sportec M1 zixx6r Taking it to the Track 16 10-17-2005 08:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
i got those their awesome...
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
EFmang
secret AGENT

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to EFmang
i love them ... my friend how ever didnt feel comfortable on them... hes selling a pair with 1 track day on them only 3 sessions.. only 100miles on them for like 260...as i said i love them.. i have had no problems. it was just his opinion
Old 07-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i guess it depend on how fast you are or the type of riding you do. i love my pilot power but when i get on the track it can break loose when i exit a turn. i can try to improve my throttle response or use a quick bandaid and use race tires.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
EFmang
secret AGENT

i was runing 2'10-2'15 on m3 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and i did have any problems.. heat got up to 176degrees. albert at cycle gear is running same tires with pretty close times and temps still no problems.. its all prefrence... bump for M3 for sale...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
zixx6r

I dont like the profile, not to say it's a bad tire I just am more comfortable with the pilot powers. I have a brand new metzeler M3 rear tire that I will sell to you at a good price. PM if interested.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
EFmang
secret AGENT

isnt the profile higher... there for it shall tip in easier.. what characteristics does it have that you dont like..
Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

just replaced the rear pilot power with the M3 this past sunday. maybe 20 miles yet.
still have the pilot power on the front.
if i don't trade the bike in for an ark will see WHENEVER it stops raining.
michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
zixx6r

The profile is MUCH taller, and I have gotten very used to the feedback the powers give me vs M3. As far as tip in...you can change that with bike setup versus changing your tire brand. I'm not a fan of the compound compared to the powers, the M3's are harder. And despite the fact they're softer, the powers wear unbelievably well for how much grip they provide. Leaned wet grip goes off with about 3/32 tread depth on powers, but the dry grip is amazing practically all the way down to the wear bars...they can take repeated heat cycling too.

Again, this is personal preference.. not an attack on metzeler at all, they're a great brand. I know the traction limits of the michelin street tires pretty well because I've ridden them for as long as they've been out and have a good feel for them...so it's not in my interests to change.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #10
EFmang
secret AGENT

i wasnt tryin to argue just tryin to find out why people feel the way they do... personaly im a tire and have tried a few diffrent tires.. they all feel extreamly close in feel.. i think its pretty much just ones prefrence on brand on what they might like... i think it would be pretty cool to see a tire test with now brand names on the tires and see then what the people choose not knowing exactly what they are on....
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
had pilot change to m3 don't know yet but will find out
Old 07-27-2006, 05:07 AM   #12
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I have Bridgestone but have heard great things about the dunlop tire.
Dont know if I will try the M3. I will wait to hear more feedback. Its nearly time for new tires.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #13
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

it is just hard to find a tire that responds well to the handling and feedback to the rider. the m1s did when i had them so i guess i will try out the m3.
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement