Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
XTORR Hare Scramble Race #8 Lake Sam Rayburn, TX Oct 2 & 3

This one is gonna be known as "Monkey's Revenge". Here's some info, flyer, location and details. I haven't determined if I'll be camping on site or not (I think there are close by state parks with utility hook ups), but primitive camping will be offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis
Well it has taken over a year to get done, but it is Official! I am excited to announce a New property for the Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing Series!

This property is 2,600 acres of pure beauty and lots of fine Texas History. Located between the Angalina National Forest and the Sabine National Forest (Also known as the Big Thicket area)this race will be known as, "MONKEYS REVENGE"! this property has it all, and all 2,600 acres are available for the Xtreme Series, Old Hard woods, Pines, Elevation Changes, Creeks, tanks (yes we can fish, catch and release) and much, much more! It is absolutely beautiful and I am honored to be allowed to race it! Because it has never been raced on before, there are no trails so the course will be a 100% Xtreme fresh cut and I have some exciting places to take you to! It will also be one of our longer courses as it is such a huge property. This will be an old school Hare Scramble course at its best!

At the request of the property owner and some other interests we will be moving the date for this race from October 16-17 to October 2-3. Now we do not conflict with the TSEC and Torn series scheduled races. So if you race either of these series this date will allow you to make the race!

Location is roughly 25 miles from the Texas/Louisiana border on hwy 83 near the Sam Rayburn Reservoir. Still under 3 hrs from Houston.

Lets go Race!
here is the flyer for the event with the map, race day details, etc.

http://www.texasxtremeoffroadracing....s_Revenge1.pdf

I have a feeling this is gonna be a fast, long course.....I hope.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Danny
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hare scramble race report from this weekend CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 02-18-2014 04:24 PM
TXORR Hare Scramble Season Opener Sept. 1&2 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 27 09-05-2012 07:52 AM
TXORR Hare Scramble Cedar Creek,TX Feb 25/26 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 83 03-11-2012 07:14 PM
Back in the game....next Hare Scramble Feb 4&5 Huntsville, TX dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 77 02-10-2012 10:45 AM
Post Hare Scramble #8 - Sam Rayburn "Monkey's Revenge" dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 10-04-2010 06:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

and this update posted by the owner of the property (who also races this series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerHammer
So to answer a few questions I have been receiving, read on. The nearest hotels are in Jasper, TX 75951 as follows.
Best Western Inn, Econo Lodge, Holiday Inn. There are 4 others in Jasper as well, all about 40 minutes from the race location.
Also some good news from my Dad today, a beaver dam we have been fighting with is gone and so are the beavers, which required some high speed leaded motivation. Otis helped us dig it out some back in July and they have not re-built this time around. The good thing is that about 40-50 acres was underwater, flooded from the dam backing up into a low lying area. That area is now drained and accessible for racing. And Otis, the water level in that creek is now low enough to ride across. Just be sure to know that a 40 + acre water moccasin's paradise has now been crammed into it.
Also, we have a guy who will be set up grilling meat and BBQ to sell along with a few snacks in the camping area on Saturday & Sunday. Other than that, be sure to bring what you need as the nearest grocery store is about 30 minutes away. Kelly.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

and one more quote from Otis

Quote:
Update: I just got back last night from the property and I can now see why it is called the Big Thicket Area. From one end of the property to the other it is about 5 miles in a straight line, Huge. Once you get in the woods you can appreciate the ruggedness of people who traveled and carved out the original road systems. We will be traveling down a very small section of the old historic El Camino Real Road". This is part of the original trail system used and although long abandoned you can clearly see it was a road.

History Lesson:
The El Camino Real de los Tejas is a National Historic Trail that runs from the Rio Grande through Texas to Natchitoches, Louisiana. It is also known as Old San Antonio Road. The El Camino Real was a braided route of roads and trails covering some 2,500 miles that was first mapped in the late 17th Century in order to link Spanish missions and presidios in Texas with Mexico.

AND as a coincidence Alto, TX, which is the Shiloh race Sept. 18-19 is actually Spanish for High and Alto is the high point between two rivers the Naches and the Angelina, located in Cherokee County. It is one of the few sites where all of the Trails merged as they headed east to west the original trail still runs through the middle of town.

Speaking of abandoned roads I also found and learned that there was a actual dirt road hi-way I believe hwy 56 or 58, I have not been able to locate a map yet.

Anyway back to the course. Although not as drastic as Shiloh creeks and elevation changes abound on this property. Maybe about 100ft max and lots of them. So to Houston Flatlanders this will seem like mountains. There are dry creeks and wet creeks we will be running the creeks, crossing the creeks, climbing the creeks and avoiding the creeks. We will go into the woods for some really cool tree pinball (Bark Busters HIGHLY Recommended) and out of the woods for some open runs. There are some nice long off camber, turning hill climb sections and an open flowing section that runs through a really cool pine forest (not sure what type but they are shaped like those tall cacti plant). There are some areas where we will be going through tall underbrush (that was a pain getting through and still not done)and we will run through a section they call the old growth area. This is mostly old hardwoods and very few pines. It is a fast area, wide trail with a few goodies mixed in. There is an old magnolia tree about 5ft in diameter, Huge!

Due to the shear amount of undergrowth we may or may not run through the previously flooded acreage. We will see. I do have some more pics take note: Can you find the pic with the possible easy/hard?

Overall this course is going to have it all. Something for everyone! The course will be at least 15 closer to 20 miles depending of what sections get put in. This is a 100% Xtreme designed, layed out and cut course (Bring your "A" game). There is a 50/50 chance of a Hall of Fame, World Famous Pro rider making this race. I have spoken with him and if returns in time from a previous engagement, he will come. I wont know till the day of the race.

Can you tell I am Stoked?
Lets Go Race!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

look at this weather....effin' epic....no need for AC this weekend!!!!!!! High's in the mid 70's!!! fantastic!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...day/TXLRSAM:13
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

I should have put this in the dirt section...not sure what I was thinking. I hope to see some MH peeps out at the races over the next couple of events. Weather is looking superb!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
I should have put this in the dirt section...not sure what I was thinking. I hope to see some MH peeps out at the races over the next couple of events. Weather is looking superb!
Yeah it took me a bit to find it again. I thought the thread had been deleted

Anyway I'm trying to get ready for this event but not sure yet if I'm going to make it. I need to pick up some stuff but I've been too busy
Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Yeah it took me a bit to find it again. I thought the thread had been deleted

Anyway I'm trying to get ready for this event but not sure yet if I'm going to make it. I need to pick up some stuff but I've been too busy
GOING BY CYCLE GEAR today for some air filter cleaner and oil....whatcha need?

This course is gonna be FAST and LONG....17 miles last I heard...good luck doing 17 miles in an hour...hopefully all of that won't be tight woods (doubtful).
Old 09-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
IndyRC
Mutant

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
GOING BY CYCLE GEAR today for some air filter cleaner and oil....whatcha need?

This course is gonna be FAST and LONG....17 miles last I heard...good luck doing 17 miles in an hour...hopefully all of that won't be tight woods (doubtful).
Unfortunately I need some gear and have to try it on for size first, so I can't have anybody pick stuff up for me.

Hopefully the little CRF150F is up to the task of hauling my big around a 17 mile course more than once!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Can't wait to get another MX bike and get out to ride one of these races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

^^^
quit talking about it...be about it.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
^^^
Haha, i've heard that more than once over the past month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Navajib

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Can't wait to get another MX bike and get out to ride one of these races.
Quote:
^^^
+1
I was going to harass you in my wr250x thread but saw this just now.

Ryan, you're better be too!

Falkryte and I will be there. Primitive camping on-site me thinks.
Gorgeous weather! I can't wait!

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post

Falkryte and I will be there. Primitive camping on-site me thinks.Gorgeous weather! I can't wait!
Me too. No camper this go round...my buds are driving into Jasper for a hotel cuz they don't have showers....but I ordered one of these (should be here tomorrow) and the weather should be perfect for sleeping in a tent so I'm going that route so I don't have a 2200 lb trailer to pull nor a $60 hotel fee to pay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	portable shower.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	38984  
Old 09-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #14
IndyRC
Mutant

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post

Ryan, you're better be too!
If I go I need a lift
Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
If I go I need a lift
you can ride in the Rapist Van with us. I promise not to touch you in your naughty places.
Falkryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

or we could stick you in the back seat with the dogs and we could all go in my truck lol. 4 eople and 2 dogs would be a fun car ride haha.
TheMagicMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #17
lostner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Husky sm450
CRF 450 Sold
'79 xr80
'91 HD w/turbo
2011 KTM 350sx

I can give you a ride.
lostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #18
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

I too can give a lift to anyone in need. Even if I have to pull my trailer so bikes, equipment, and gear can all fit.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #19
IndyRC
Mutant

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
you can ride in the Rapist Van with us. I promise not to touch you in your naughty places.
Promises are made to be broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
or we could stick you in the back seat with the dogs and we could all go in my truck lol. 4 eople and 2 dogs would be a fun car ride haha.
I'm allergic to dogs though. I can sit in the trailer on one of the bikes
Old 09-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

PRE RACE VIDEO posted by Otis

Quote:
Sorry for the out of Office status the last 2 weeks. I have actually been in my office up at Sam Rayburn. Only 2 more days till race day. The pre race course video is uploading right now and should be ready within the hr.
Pre Race Course Video. Be patient if you try and its not ready yet. It will be.

Just a highlight of the course not the full course as I dont think any one wants to watch a full length movie!

I still have a few sections to finish/add but the course is shaping up to be around 13-17 miles, down from the 25 I actually layed out! If the course is 13 miles D rider loop times will be similar to Shiloh, mid 40's and C riders in the mid 30's. All depending on how well you can finesse your bike through trees, navigate a ditch or two, balance your bike on the off camber ravine! I think this course has a little of everything for everyone!

Perry will have BBQ available. Brisket, Ribs, Sausage and more! From what I have been told he makes a mean BBQ!

****WEATHER IS GOING TO BE PERFECT! MID 80'S HIGH MID 50'S LOW.*****

Saturday Adult race will be pushed back an hour from the time published on the flier. This will allow the Saturday racers to have enough time to run the course for the parade lap and get ready to race, without being rushed.

A few Notes on the race weekend.
No open ground fires will be permitted
Please stop after entering the entrance gate to sign in
The tank you see in the video is open for fishing. Catch and release. See Janine for fish locations! There is a picnic table there to sit at and enjoy the racing as the racers come by.
There will be plenty of raffle items.

The special event will be a timed course cone run race. 2 racers each heat. See details at event.

Enjoy the video and I hope to see everyone out for a really fun race and a great weekend with friends! Lets Go Race!
Time to go watch this video to determine where the bar banging is gonna happen.

Advertisement