Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #21
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

yup

1. look around for cops
2. pass on shoulder
3. ?????
4. Profit.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh he mad Bevo Off Topic 1 10-24-2014 09:01 PM
Don't be mad at the white people, be mad at the right people! RACER X The Circus 8 12-25-2013 10:21 AM
mad skillz! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 07-06-2006 07:44 PM
This is about as mad as I've ever been... Steve O Chap Off Topic 56 05-26-2006 09:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #22
Triumphant

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
My biggest in Houston was drivers who skipped past a mile of standing traffic in an exit lane so they could cut in at the front of the line. I made it a job to block em.

Out here, it's deer. Lol
I am one of those people. Why get in line and wait. Sorry but the folks in Houston are the worse drivers I have ever seen. I put them behind me and try not to let hem get in front of me.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #23
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
I am one of those people. Why get in line and wait. Sorry but the folks in Houston are the worse drivers I have ever seen. I put them behind me and try not to let hem get in front of me.
I think you mean "worst drivers", but...

By doing that you slow down the whole line disproportionally to the space you now occupy. You suck.

If your on a bike I wouldn't worry about it as much as its just friggin' dangerous to wait in those lines cause the idiots that cut in at the front won't see you.

If we are both caging it, then I won't let you in cause my truck is crappier than anything you drive and I have insurance. Course that makes me an too, oh well. To each their own.
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #24
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
You do realize that by you doing that, you cause people to slam on the breaks and stop to let you in which is what causes the jam to get so bad in the first place? If everyone waited their turn in line like adults instead of a bunch of 2 year old kids, traffic would go much smoother. I agree with what is said below. On a bike, I can see you doing this, you don't occupy much space anyway and merging is easy. If you are in a car, you are a douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
I think you mean "worst drivers", but...

By doing that you slow down the whole line disproportionally to the space you now occupy. You suck.

If your on a bike I wouldn't worry about it as much as its just friggin' dangerous to wait in those lines cause the idiots that cut in at the front won't see you.

If we are both caging it, then I won't let you in cause my truck is crappier than anything you drive and I have insurance. Course that makes me an too, oh well. To each their own.
I agree with this.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #25
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #26
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Travis+ View Post
...I'm as mad as .............
and I aint gonna take it any more
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
Yep.
Step 1: Get mad!
Step 2: Get up, and spread the word!

I have in the past, with people driving not letting people pass in the left lane, to work my way in front of them (unconfrontationally and even inconspicuously), then slow down about 5-10 miles an hour slower than them and keep them trapped for a while until I see them at least aware that they are not able to get by. Hopefully a light bulb in their brain will then be triggered, or at least when they look in their rear-view mirror after I speed off.
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #28
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
lol, I do my best to block fokkers like you from ever exiting. It's like a game to me.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
If you're doing this in your car or truck, then you're just a , and I hope you get what comes around one day. On the bike...yeah I understand it, it's dangerous to have to wait there in line, especially when other dicks are trying to cut in front of you to avoid the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
lol, I do my best to block fokkers like you from ever exiting. It's like a game to me.
+1 Sometimes I actually try to "bait" them by leaving a small gap ahead of me, then just watching the mirrors for the people I suspect will try to jump in that gap and when they get there, quickly speed up and occupy it right before they try to get in, then pace them and push them as far along as possible.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #30
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

^exactly what I do

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

there are some weird random posts on here.... haha good times.

if 2 fools are side by side, i some times drive in the MIDDLE of the 2 lanes behind them. they usually get the hint that one of them needs to move.

if they are intentionally doing it, not much u can do to stopp an a-hole from being an a-hole. rarely happens, just gotta let it be if your in a car. as said, on a bike...just blow by those foolz

Advertisement