Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #101
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
It's ok, we all have to take steps back some times in our lives, it's good that you have a mom to fall back on.

It can be hard though, because when you move back in, most of the time you feel like a failure to begin with, and to hear them tell you how you failed.. is like rubbing salt on the wound.

Really though, taking the step back can be a smart choice, now you have some shelter to set back and rethink the direction you are going and how to get out and get ahead. If she comes on too strong just tell her that you love her and appreciate her advice but you need some time to think by yourself, and you will ask her some questions soon but right now your not exactly sure what they are.

This way you get her off your back (which is what you want) and leave the door open for communication (which is what she wants)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sk8te Nite Northside!!!! <<<<new location>>>> CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 47 08-11-2009 04:50 PM
YO ZX14 PPL<<<<< CLICK HERE >>>>> evobusa7 Off Topic 21 05-29-2009 03:49 PM
<subject> Ramius Off Topic 16 07-23-2006 10:04 PM
<<<<free Carfax History reports here>>>> biotches Petro Off Topic 6 05-24-2006 06:25 PM
>>>>>TREY + DENNIS LIARS?<<<<< StarC Off Topic 231 12-02-2005 12:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #102
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
^^^ YEP I MOVED OUT RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION @ 18Y/O
ha I moved out right before graduation, oh and my mom HATED Dennis, she finally got "use" to him and then when we broke up she was like about time!!! lol!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #103
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
^^^ YEP I MOVED OUT RIGHT AFTER GRADUATION @ 18Y/O

Me too, got my first house at 18, first new car at 19, first forclosure and repo at 20, moved back in with the folks and had to rethink my life and where I failed... 5 years later I'm finally getting things back in order, thanks to , My Mom and Dave Ramsey, in that order =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #104
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
It's ok, we all have to take steps back some times in our lives, it's good that you have a mom to fall back on.

It can be hard though, because when you move back in, most of the time you feel like a failure to begin with, and to hear them tell you how you failed.. is like rubbing salt on the wound.

Really though, taking the step back can be a smart choice, now you have some shelter to set back and rethink the direction you are going and how to get out and get ahead. If she comes on too strong just tell her that you love her and appreciate her advice but you need some time to think by yourself, and you will ask her some questions soon but right now your not exactly sure what they are.

This way you get her off your back (which is what you want) and leave the door open for communication (which is what she wants)
Have you met my mom before? Cause you sure nailed it right on the nose, how to talk to her...I have learned how to deal with her, but I can tell that she is in one of those moods tonight where she is just gonna keep pushing and pushing until I blow up!!!I really don't feel like dealing with her right not, but I promised I woul talk with her....a.k.a hear here nag all night!!! Man i already have a headache!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #105
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
Me too, got my first house at 18, first new car at 19, first forclosure and repo at 20, moved back in with the folks and had to rethink my life and where I failed... 5 years later I'm finally getting things back in order, thanks to , My Mom and Dave Ramsey, in that order =)
I felt like I failed when i moved back in!!I cried for the 1st few days and beat myself up over it, but realized it was what's best for me right now!! I am starting to get that feeling again cause of all the going on in my life and I have almost been here a year !!! but it will all work out I know!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #106
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

<--------- I know all women

There is only one thing you can do, you have to lead the conversation so that you don't freak. You don't have much time, but you have to think of 4 good questions right now that are relevant to your situation and tell your mom you need advice in these areas, this way you control where the conversation is going and it puts your mom into advice mode instead of nag mode.

Limit the conversatoni to 15-20 minutes TOPS. This will prevent a fight.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #107
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
<--------- I know all women

There is only one thing you can do, you have to lead the conversation so that you don't freak. You don't have much time, but you have to think of 4 good questions right now that are relevant to your situation and tell your mom you need advice in these areas, this way you control where the conversation is going and it puts your mom into advice mode instead of nag mode.

Limit the conversatoni to 15-20 minutes TOPS. This will prevent a fight.
+1 you're my hero!!! just waiting for my aunt to leave and then it's talk time!!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #108
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
I felt like I failed when i moved back in!!I cried for the 1st few days and beat myself up over it, but realized it was what's best for me right now!! I am starting to get that feeling again cause of all the going on in my life and I have almost been here a year !!! but it will all work out I know!!
As bad as it is doing it alone, imagine how humiliating it would have been to move in with a spouse/newborn/one on the way.

I don't ever want to forget that feeling... that low low lonely feeling.. because anytime I ever think about slacking off, or not giving my 100% best I think on that.. and how I never want to be there again, and it gives me the energy I need to push forward with the extra effort to succeed.

This is a good opportunity for you, you are at a place where you can learn the greatest secret to success there is.. Humility.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #109
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
As bad as it is doing it alone, imagine how humiliating it would have been to move in with a spouse/newborn/one on the way.

I don't ever want to forget that feeling... that low low lonely feeling.. because anytime I ever think about slacking off, or not giving my 100% best I think on that.. and how I never want to be there again, and it gives me the energy I need to push forward with the extra effort to succeed.

This is a good opportunity for you, you are at a place where you can learn the greatest secret to success there is.. Humility.
I've had my fair share, but I have learned allot. I don't look at anything as a mistake, but as learning expierence
Old 07-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #110
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

You should make your mom a mixed drink before the talk, then if she nags on you too much, call her a lush and ask her who she thinks she is giving you advice.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #111
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

Quote:
You should make your mom a mixed drink before the talk, then if she nags on you too much, call her a lush and ask her who she thinks she is giving you advice.
she doesn't drink...no alcohol in my house at all!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #112
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):

k well i am off to have the talk...talk to ya guys later!!

Advertisement