MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #61
Tomfry

Feedback Rating: (0)

Saw a nice fender bender on 1960 at 249 last night. Guy ran red light and other car crossing took off his bumper. Car who ran light kept going. Stolen? Who knows. No one hurt, but no camera to record incident. Glad it wasn't a biker that got tagged. It would have been bad.
Tomfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the reds are coming the reds are coming Homebrew Off Topic 67 10-04-2010 09:00 AM
Pics from the Astros slaughter last night by the Reds hotnanas Sports 2 11-23-2009 10:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #62
eugene

you can easily fight this in court.

usually at a left turn light, there is a solid line that divides the lanes going straight and your lane. and switching lanes within a certain distance from the traffic light can also be a ticketed violation. and the law does state that if the traffic ilght isn't working, then it works like a stop sign. you come to a complete stop, look all ways then proceed when safe. and some would say that you should have still gone straight and made a u-turn. but sometimes, switching back into your right lane from a stand still on a main road can be even more dangerous than turning left onto a small street. easier to see what is ahead of you, than what is behind or beside you.

so you can easily ask them what are you suppose to do then?

i have gotten ticketed like this in the city of sugar land twice. first time on a bike, 2nd time in a car. fought it myself w/o a lawyer for the bike. (sometimes it is easier to question a cop without a lawyer doing it.)
city of sugar land 0 me 1.
i was sitting at this one light by my house that turns onto a small street. light didn't turn green for for several rounds. i sat their patiently, then said it and turned. there were no cars but this one cop coming up on the light from a distance. guess he saw the red on my light but saw me proceed.

2nd was in a car. but the car one was easy b/c they were working on the thing the next day after i got the ticket. haha. but would have used the same argument.
city of sugar land 0 me 2.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #63
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #64
WWFII

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Its an easy ticket to fight. I actually had a cop sit behind me for 4 cycles....then i ran i tand then he pulled me over. He ended up not giving me a ticket when i explained what happened.
Are you suggesting that an officer sat behind you for four cycles and still had no clue as to why you went on a red?! Was he totally oblivious?
WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #65
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

[QUOTE=yeraboof;2725206]No, I've never heard of it. I think I may look into it. If its relatively cheap, then it will definitely be worth it.

$15 bucks at Cycle Gear Direct and it just zipties to your lowest possible mounting point under the bike. It also helps to pull up to either side of the detection plate at your light. Good luck hope this helps
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement