MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #61
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Maybe Im reading it wrong, but it sounds like you blame the dealer.
Imnoy blaming anyone but me...my point was that anyone will sale you anything and for every new rider out there to wear gear and be safe...
That's my point.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday / Adventure bike riders maxgs Events, Meets and Rides 2 10-25-2014 12:41 PM
Any +1 riders on Saturday 16th anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-12-2010 06:09 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
any SW/Katy riders riding out to the lone star rally saturday?? SecretAgent Events, Meets and Rides 24 11-03-2007 02:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #62
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

i think you read it wrong /\
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #63
Triumphant

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

What do you guys have against armored mesh jackets and pants? Whats wrong with kevlar jeans? I have gone down a few times and every time with this gear on. Even hit a cement divider once and not a scratch. I swear by this stuff. Do not ask me about the time I was wearing a leather jacket and armored boots. Broke my leg.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #64
Triumphant

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

Oh and I screwed up an very good jacket and ruined the boots. Fricken pea gravel sucks.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #65
braingetter

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2001 hayabusa drippin tha kandy blue paint makin stains in tha lanes

So from what i get out of this from the way caligone was talking maybe ol boy was out somewhere with other bikers and maybe he drank a lil bit too much, and was talkin bout he was faster than others so somebody took him up on it and he wrecked trying to catch up to the faster biker and took him out also??
Old 09-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #66
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
What do you guys have against armored mesh jackets and pants? Whats wrong with kevlar jeans? I have gone down a few times and every time with this gear on. Even hit a cement divider once and not a scratch. I swear by this stuff. Do not ask me about the time I was wearing a leather jacket and armored boots. Broke my leg.
different accidents, different results. Just because one result happened with a mesh jacket and jeans, doesnt mean it would have not happened when you were wearing leathers.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #67
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphant View Post
What do you guys have against armored mesh jackets and pants? Whats wrong with kevlar jeans?
Mesh armor here! Especially in THIS heat, always with gloves (time for new ones but better than nothing) never shorts, and I NEVER ride without a lid! (correction, when lubing the chain or taking my son for a ride down the driveway/street)
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote