MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #21
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326
i told him as soon as he started looking for a bike to take MSF and always wear gear...i even gave him a printout of all the gear in his pricerange...he has a badass shoei helmet and when we rode together he always wore it.

.....hope his friend will call me back with some good news
, that sux. goes to show that no matter how and who tries to tell you how to be safe, ppl are gonna do what they want to do. hope he heals up.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike accident? Kaitlin Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 32 06-19-2012 03:06 PM
Bike vs. Car Accident? Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-31-2012 06:12 AM
bike accident i_win Off Topic 28 07-06-2009 08:41 PM
bike accident in Galveston?? 05cert General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 10-23-2007 07:58 AM
Bike Accident Around 2am Knightrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 06-04-2007 07:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #22
GrassGSXR_1000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
I'm gonna start off with I suck at telling stories, but you'll get the idea. A friend and I were leaving Baybrook mall from exchanging some shoes heading up 45 right before 2351 when we saw a guy on the feeder swangin it from lane to lane to get around cars. . . with NO gear on at all. I looked over and said that dude needs gear on bad. I looked straight real quick to make sure I was stil in my lane and all, and as soon as I looked back over I saw him lock up the front brake and go straight over at 70-80mph. He rolled quite a bit, then slid about another 100ft. straight into the car in front of him, then the bike hit the car RIGHT next to him, but luckily didn't hit him. I jerked the car onto the exit ramp, pulled over, and dialed 911 right as I got out. I ran over to him, told him what had just happened and got him to sit down and be still. Then he wanted to know how bad his bike was messed up, and begged me to pick it up for him. I looked at the bike, torn to , leaking fluid everywhere, but didn't have the heart to tell him that it was bad, so I told him it was just cosmetics. After that, he got up, and would not sit back down, no matter how many times any of us explained the gravity of the situation. The paramedics got there pretty quickly, and as just before they got to him, he started to pass out, so I was holding him up letting him know they were there and he would be ok. After that they got my info down, and we left.

I always wear gear anytime I ride, and this just reinforces why I, and everyone else should too. May not have saved him completely, but he would be MUCH better off if he had.

I can't remember his name, but it was a younger black guy, looked to be in his really late teens to early 20's, and rode a newer black CBR which looked fairly stock. I think he said his g/f's name was Ashley, but i could be wrong. If it sounds like someone you know, call em up.
That area of 45 is bad luck that is where I flipped my bike last year when it was brand new. I had a helmet and jeans on and i was pretty messed up so i can imagine what he looks like. Hope he'll be alright and he'll learn to wear that jacket no matter how hot it is.
GrassGSXR_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #23
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

poor guy, luckily for him he can learn from this situation

keep us posted on his condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #24
MadseasoN

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
I'm gonna start off with I suck at telling stories, but you'll get the idea. A friend and I were leaving Baybrook mall from exchanging some shoes heading up 45 right before 2351 when we saw a guy on the feeder swangin it from lane to lane to get around cars. . . with NO gear on at all. I looked over and said that dude needs gear on bad. I looked straight real quick to make sure I was stil in my lane and all, and as soon as I looked back over I saw him lock up the front brake and go straight over at 70-80mph. He rolled quite a bit, then slid about another 100ft. straight into the car in front of him, then the bike hit the car RIGHT next to him, but luckily didn't hit him. I jerked the car onto the exit ramp, pulled over, and dialed 911 right as I got out. I ran over to him, told him what had just happened and got him to sit down and be still. Then he wanted to know how bad his bike was messed up, and begged me to pick it up for him. I looked at the bike, torn to , leaking fluid everywhere, but didn't have the heart to tell him that it was bad, so I told him it was just cosmetics. After that, he got up, and would not sit back down, no matter how many times any of us explained the gravity of the situation. The paramedics got there pretty quickly, and as just before they got to him, he started to pass out, so I was holding him up letting him know they were there and he would be ok. After that they got my info down, and we left.

I always wear gear anytime I ride, and this just reinforces why I, and everyone else should too. May not have saved him completely, but he would be MUCH better off if he had.

I can't remember his name, but it was a younger black guy, looked to be in his really late teens to early 20's, and rode a newer black CBR which looked fairly stock. I think he said his g/f's name was Ashley, but i could be wrong. If it sounds like someone you know, call em up.
I hope someone like you is around when I crash. That was a good that you tried to calm him down and even explain to him what happened - I'm sure he was out of it.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #25
andrave

yeah I've never been in a motorcycle accident (yet- knock on wood) but I know I had one real bad car crash and I had no idea what happened afterwards... first thing I asked the woman that found me was "did you see what happened?"
you just kinda go into shock and either you black out the past few minutes or you just want verification of wtf happened.
I carry a first aid kit in my car in case I ever see stuff like that but thankfully I've not had to use it yet... I'm trained in first aid and cpr but I hope I never have to use it.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #26
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Any updates on this fellows condition?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #27
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

update on my friend Dwight....he's still in the hospital with severe road rash and bruising, and some minor sprains and bruises.

he should be out in the next few days, but his friend said he's been in the hospital for about a week now, and he's doing better everyday.

my biggest concern is that since he's a runningback for Angelo State University, and they're paying for his schooling, they they might take away his scholarship. I hope this injury doesn't set him back too much.

some schools make scholarship players sign contracts that state they're not allowed to do certain things in the offseason that could affect them by injury...
Old 07-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #28
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
update on my friend Dwight....he's still in the hospital with severe road rash and bruising, and some minor sprains and bruises.

he should be out in the next few days, but his friend said he's been in the hospital for about a week now, and he's doing better everyday.

my biggest concern is that since he's a runningback for Angelo State University, and they're paying for his schooling, they they might take away his scholarship. I hope this injury doesn't set him back too much.

some schools make scholarship players sign contracts that state they're not allowed to do certain things in the offseason that could affect them by injury...

Thanks for the update. I hope everything goes ok with the scholorship.:eh:
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #29
RICKITT
"Poser alley"

Bike(s):
I cant ride no bike..

Send a message via Yahoo to RICKITT
Quote:

man i hope they dont take that scholarship away..
Old 07-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #30
phoju
Bikeless...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via AIM to phoju
man someone with that much going for him shoulda of wore gear.. hope he's better tho..
Old 07-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #31
andrave

that sucks all my brother did was pull his hamstring and they redshirted him for a year then dropped his scholarship.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement