MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #61
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Just curious. So many guys think I can get out of a ticket by flashing boobies, is it true!
Boobage is probably the FASTEST WAY TO GET A TICKET.

Why?! Even though its intangible (unlike money or ) its seen just like any other bribe...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday po-po 5.0! AaronP220 Off Topic 7 03-16-2010 05:50 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Bad Po Po got caught navigator Off Topic 5 07-18-2009 10:25 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #62
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Boobage is probably the FASTEST WAY TO GET A TICKET.

Why?! Even though its intangible (unlike money or ) its seen just like any other bribe...
Ok. Good to know. So, is the get out of jail free thing real? Or is it just in the game?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #63
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Ok. Good to know. So, is the get out of jail free thing real? Or is it just in the game?
I won't give you a ticket
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #64
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
so, how was your 16th birthday?
ty im 36 you are a and if me telling that makes me get a ban so what? The thing is He couldnt see my plates bc he was coming out of a store and the guys who say be nice. Ive been nice my whole life to cops. If they are being a jerk well two can play at that game. Will I win with him.. Most likely not but there is no law saying I have to be his , and one more thing you can say what you want, cant be arrested for talking back to him.. that is the dumbest ive heard.

Quote:
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #65
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
I'm almost betting that if you didn't have that chip on your shoulder you'd most likely have gotten off with a warning. And with all the bikes stolen throughout Houston, don't you want the police to check bikes? Oh wait but as long as its not your bike that gets pulled over right? Most the time an officer (as far as sportsbikes go) is looking for stolen or runners. 90% of the bikes I pull over get warnings (don't tell my supervisors) Is it cause I too am a rider or that they have they're inorder and aren't dicks? Yes I use chicken things like 5mph over to stop a bike at times, but if its all in the up and up the off you go. But I'm sure the few stolen bikes we've recovered the owners were more than please that we made those stops. Yes I'm sure there are officers who have it out for sportbikers in general and well, but you should really be venting about your STATE LAW MAKERS who make up these laws that law enforcement....enforce
/rant over
ok maybe I was unclear bc i was hot... I did not blow up on him till after he was an and had already started writing the ticket.
I was not speeding. I was pulled over due to being on a bike and I dont live in Houston anymore.

Quote:
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #66
Triumphant

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

You are correct. You can say pretty much what you want to a cop but you cannot threaten him. On the other hand he can do pretty much what he wants to do to you unless you are willing to stand up for your rights and take him to court. You forget, this is Texas and cops are pretty much the final say in anything. The only chance you have is to use science and the law to fight when you know you are right. That and a good lawyer will go a long way to get your tickets dismissed. I have not had a problem with any cops except in NY when they tried to bust me for a DUI. Said I failed the sobriety test so I told them lets do the breathalyzer. It came back 0 in the police station so they said I was on drugs. Took a test and it came back nothing so they gave me a ticket for reckless driving. I was looking at an old El camino for sale on the side of the road so I slowed down and pulled over to get a better look. Now that was a bunch of cops.
Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #67
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

SOrry for those who I bashed. It is annoying that I was being legit it was late and I had just back from visiting a friend. I was actually 100% legit last night wasnt speeding no one was on the roads anyways. Had 2 state troopers follow me part of the way home. one pulled next to me gave me a thumbs up and then pulled away.
Its this smaller town of Rockwall, the cops all have attitudes. The state troopers up here are cool as . I ate lunch with 2 a few weeks ago at Taco bell of all places, he liked my bike and wanted to talk about it so they asked to sit with me, I must be cute or something :
Anyways I will take this one to court. Even if they make me pay a stupid ticket I will let him know I disagree that they can break teh law to enforce it. Does that mean I can rob a bank to enforce me not being broke?
Same thing differnt sotry.

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #68
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I can imagine walking over to a cop sitting in his cruiser and tapping on the window. He'd probably think I was gonna try to shoot him.
I did exactly that three years ago, cops got called at my next door neighbor's house (trashy, dysfunctional family) and they went to the backyard, one of my labs jumped on the fence (solid picket, 6 feet tall) but a 80 lbs dog can make quite a ruckus, and one of the cops, whom I call a PIG (I'l say why later) got startled.

I was doing front yard work (it's in my DNA, I'm mexican), a few minutes later the two cops come out of the house and one said "I was going to shoot your dog" without even looking me in the eye, he got in his patrol car, I drop what I was doing, walked to his car, tapped in the window motioning to him to roll the window down.

I asked him why he would shoot my dog, that's when he told me the dog "attacked " him, but when I asked him what breed the dog was he did not know, simply because he could not see him.

I told him that's all I wanted to know, and he left, he was being a the whole time, that's why I christened him "PIG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #69
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Sad to ahve to take soemthing to court. And are they allowed to just ignore questions directed to them? IE are you allowed to break the law? How many can you break? How can you see my plates from inside a store?

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #70
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I never argue and I ALWAYS get warnings. When they see I am being cool, I always get off. , a cop nailed me for doing 140 on an empty road once and once he calmed down and we BSed, he let me go.

A lot of it has to do how you react to them.

But, a lot of these cops are douche bags that like to just with people cause they can, I know my fair share of those.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #71
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Move the plate.....take picture.....go to court....get ticket dismissed....EASY AS 1-2-3
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #72
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Quit talking to the police.

I was just about to repost this.. lmao
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #73
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #74
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
ty im 36 you are a and if me telling that makes me get a ban so what? The thing is He couldnt see my plates bc he was coming out of a store and the guys who say be nice. Ive been nice my whole life to cops. If they are being a jerk well two can play at that game. Will I win with him.. Most likely not but there is no law saying I have to be his , and one more thing you can say what you want, cant be arrested for talking back to him.. that is the dumbest ive heard.
hahahahahahaha congratulations on your body turning 36 and your brain turning 14. I see a whiney mouth and the back seat of a patrol car in your future.

for what it's worth, don't talk to the police.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #75
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #76
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I never argue and I ALWAYS get warnings. When they see I am being cool, I always get off. , a cop nailed me for doing 140 on an empty road once and once he calmed down and we BSed, he let me go.

A lot of it has to do how you react to them.

But, a lot of these cops are douche bags that like to just with people cause they can, I know my fair share of those.
Bullshit.. Yes, I'm calling bullshit.. I have story after story after story.. Like I'll bore myself tellin my stories at some point with stupid cops. Tried to give entry to a neighbors house because everyone heard glass breaking as the burglars entered via a window in the back. But instead of shutting up for a whole second, he was frisking me, seeing I was barefooted and in shorts WHILE explaining to me about the broken glass. He was more interested in taking me to jail.. OH yes I went off. If he'd let his testosterone down just a notch, he'd been a hero as the real offenders were still inside waiting for the bacon to leave.

I've been told I'm going fast than the guy in front of me and we left from the same light.

I've had one say there were neighborhood complaints about a restored chevy that use to sit in front of the house. My dad was working in the yard on a day off. I pulled up from school to see the cop pull off. When he told my dad of the complaints (and there wasn't as all the neighbors knew us and we were probably the only house w/o out more than a 2 car garage or parking in the alley and 5 cars and 2 bikes between the fam of 4). When the cop asked my dad who's car is it, he said my wife's and son's (I was in my bug) his reply was "Oh, so you work here." to which my father replied "Yes, on the grounds that I live here". Back in those day the family business was know very well, so when he gave the officer his name (family did a lot politically in that town) the cop's face went flush.

Yes there are a few good guys while in uniform.. Probably a lot more of them out of uniform. And for every good story I can give you where either they let me go w/ a warning or even gave me a ticket but weren't a complete about it I can give you two or more stories of ones that were the opposite. And don't give me that "It's how you act towards them" either. I would more so like that you don't get pulled over for DWB, but maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.. haha. But I am a very non confrontational, yes sir, etc type of a guy.

I was coming home from a friends house one morning from Warton. (sp?) Either way, I passed a patrol car (not state, they are usually nicer to work with.. purely angry with city PD) doing exactly the speed limit. There were a group of cars that wouldn't pass him. I did. Now for the catcher.. There was a line of 3 or more cars behind me. So like a country boy doing country driving, as soon as I was in the clear, I got to the right lane to let the other cars pass me. Mind you I'm doing right at the speed limit. They hit me with the lights. So I pulled over. They asked me to get out of my vehicle. To which I did. Only thing I asked for when they told me to step 20 yards away from my car to the rear as one searched my car and the other kept an eye on me and a hand on his gun was if he could hand me my coat as it was chilly out that morning. I had to ask three times to get a response. No warrants. I had my gun in my car, to which he asked me why. I told him because of one, my job as a bodyguard, and two as the new law states, if concealed in a vehicle that I have control of (meaning if I have your car but it's my gun and I'm the driver it's still legal) I can carry it. But that was ONLY after he tried to tell me what the law said about security guards carrying a gun. And yet he was still wrong with that law too. But was never argumentative. Even when I knew the changes of the law I didn't state it like a know it all, I actually asked him it as a question so he could correct me if I was wrong. Although this was all AFTER I was on the side of the road embarrassed because all my in my car is on the side of the road with me and people were all driving by just rubber necking. So cool cops.. Tell me what my crime was? What was my PC? Let me tell you. I didn't give him 100 feet before changing lanes. (Although he was 3 maybe 4 car lengths behind me).

Me.. No warrants, no priors, I don't do drugs, no dui/dwi, my tags and registration are current and so is my insurance..... WTF!

So you're gonna tell me that cops are just doing their job and not a little full of testosterone? No Napoleon complex, or now the school yard bully repayment?

I won't even go in to the story about they looking to take me to jail for a bank robbery. They were looking for a black man on a blue motorcycle (in that complex at that time I was the only one of two motorcycle riders, and the only blue bike). They saw me pull in and swarmed my apt. I'm 5'7" at the time about 120lbs. They described me to the maintenance man and management. The description they had was 6'4" 180lbs. Or recently when an ex hit me with a door, smacked my car with my toe cable, scratch my face, then poured ant powder in my car and then topped it with water. If it weren't for the fact that I had witnesses of me trying to repeatedly leave with my stuff, I would have went to jail before they asked question one.

So STFU if you just think because this guy was pulled over he HAD to be doing the wrong thing.. Unless you were there. He said he was legit. Listen to his rant and let him blow off steam. Got some helpful advice, offer it, if not STFU. Because you're perfect model looking and acting citizen that does get out of everything doesn't mean he's got it wrong or done it wrong.

Sorry to steal your rant, but I would honestly say 80% of my run ins with them really suck. And not because I'm getting a ticket. Because PUBLIC SERVANTS don't know how to serve the public. I pay taxes, I work hard, I don't even play as hard as I'd like because there IS LAW and I respect that. But most the in blue.. I DON'T. And until you've walked a mile in my shoes.. Again STFU! Yes I'm that the know it all people want to defend something they don't have the whole story. He may or may not been legal. So then comment "That sucks dude. Next time just stfu and take it to court" Not "You're wrong. you suck. dumbass" (ok.. paraphrasing here)

Ok.. I've been at work since yesterday 7p. So a bit cranky.. so I'll stop ranging and ranting now.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #77
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

I just saw how long that was.. Didn't realize.. lol.. I guess it's times like this that people hate that I have quite smoking.....
Old 09-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #78
Triumphant

Bike(s):
2002 Triumph Trophy 1200

Where can you get an exempt plate?

Houston Police Academy
Triumphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #79
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Sec. 546.001. PERMISSIBLE CONDUCT. In operating an authorized emergency vehicle the operator may:

(1) park or stand, irrespective of another provision of this subtitle;

(2) proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, after slowing as necessary for safe operation;

(3) exceed a maximum speed limit, except as provided by an ordinance adopted under Section 545.365, as long as the operator does not endanger life or property; and

(4) disregard a regulation governing the direction of movement or turning in specified directions.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #80
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Guess i missed the part where I it states that they had to have their overhead emergency lights turned on.. or they have to be chasing you...

Advertisement