MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #21
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Everyone hates cops till they need 'em 8)
+ 1.5 Billion
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday po-po 5.0! AaronP220 Off Topic 7 03-16-2010 05:50 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Bad Po Po got caught navigator Off Topic 5 07-18-2009 10:25 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #22
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Where can I get an "EXEMPT" plate?
Maybe if you came to more trackdays @ GSS with me, I could find you one!

HINT: This Sunday... trackday @ GSS, be there old man!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #23
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Maybe if you came to more trackdays @ GSS with me, I could find you one!

HINT: This Sunday... trackday @ GSS, be there old man!
My wife is off so I have to spend time with her
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
So here is my story. Tonight riding home I get with in 2 miles of my house. As I am turning off a main lane to come home I see a Rockwall police officer coming out of the Chevron. I am not speeding as I am about to make a turn, i even used my blinker. As I pass the store *still not speeding* I see him get in his car. I think yep is about to come after me. Sure enough I see in my mirror him speeding up. Now note by the time he got on the road I was at least 1/4 mile or more ahead of him maybe 1/2 with a car behind me.
The officer gets on the other cars . Meaning he was speeding and I was going the exact limit. Forces the car over and comes around him (crossing the SOLID white line) So i have just watched him speed and cross the line. Two things he would have given me a ticket over right????

I pull over fast. * Officer Lic and reg... Me what am I being pulled over for?
Gimme you info first then we can talk about that. Me ummm no? Why am I being pulled over I have the right to know. He give me the info NOW. Do you even have a lic? Me yeah and its legal ( heh got M.E) he then tells me I was pulled over b/c my plate has to be on the rear of the bike not under. I was like really??? How could you see the back of my bike from the store you came out of? Him that dont matter? He then said one second im going to write your citation... At this point I rip his . I asked him how many laws he was allowed to break? How fast was he traveling to pull over someone not speeding? He then told me to talk to my attory about this.

Here is my question How many can they break? And do I have any rights. He stated that because he couldnt see it from 50' that is why I was pulled over.

Thoughts? rants raves. Oh yeah did tell him when he told me to ask an attorney. NO you work for the public and im the public so I want to know how many laws you can break when the public cant break any?

/end rant
so, how was your 16th birthday?
you're completely clueless. as long as he's operting his vehicle safely he can do what he needs to catch you. his inability to see your plate gave him probable cause. your attitude gave him satisfaction in writing you a ticket. be glad he didn't take you to jail, the side of the road isn't a courtroom.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I feel that the "tucked plate' is one of the top reasons, why many get pulled over.
I do too ! I mean, the officer gets to break his boredom and knows he will not be wasting his time, it will produce a ticket. There is the chance the rider may run, which, again, gives him something exciting to do.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #27
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
The main requirement cops have is to operate "with due regard" for the safety of others. In other words, those "EXEMPT" plates mean they are exempt from traffic laws,AS LONG AS THEY CAN DO SO SAFELY.

License plates have to be readable from 50' away. If its dirty, tucked, or otherwise not legible, thats PC for a stop.
I always thought the dept was exempt from the fees of registration on a bunch of vehicles, never once thought it meant they didnt have to abide by the rules mandated on the road.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 09-14-2010 at 08:14 AM.
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #28
brandontx

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

You can't tuck your plate under the tail of the bike. It's that simple. Had you not had your plate tucked then you wouldn't have a ticket. If you don't argue with the guy you will probably get a warning. Why don't you go cry in the courtroom about the injustice you have been exposed to. You poor thing. You must feel so violated. Maybe we should get a petition going around to support tucked plates. I think the mayor should hear about this, she is very liberal and I'm sure she will understand. I am actually writing a letter to congress about this. If we try hard enough we should be able to get your case in front of the supreme court in about 5 years. In the meantime we can have a fundraiser to help you pay the ticket.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #29
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

^ ahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha!

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #30
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Fact is (in my experience, both as a rider and a po-po) there are a LOT of irresponsible riders. Irresponsible as in... no insurance, warrants, and general dumb--ery... "PP1 types" if you will, the ones riding a bike (maybe not even their own) just trying to be cool.

So yes, I pull a lot of bikes over, because its usually pretty productive (arrests and LEGITIMATE tickets).
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #31
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

meh, whenever i get pulled over for speeding and they always ask me
'you in a hurry?'
and i just act like ".... ?... no? (..wtf?..)"
then be nice, like i have no clue why i got pulled over and 80% of the time they didnt even get me on the laser and second guess pulling me over then let me go, if not i just contest it and for some reason it'll be dismissed.

most of the time i just get pulled over for BS, if not im just nice and they let it go or i get out of it in court. one time i got tagged at like 65 in a 50 by a bunch of moto cops, one of them was lasering and the others were flagging people over but the guy who was lasering didnt show up (the guy who wrote it did but they need both) so it was dismissed.

moral.. dont be a .
Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #32
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I feel that the "tucked plate' is one of the top reasons, why many get pulled over.
+1 - tucked plate = no plate cause it is not easily seen, like they are supposed to be.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #33
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

i had an experience similar.. i was sitting at a red light by a corner store gas station, and saw a M/C cop pull in and start pumping gas. i left the light and drove down the road about a mile and turned in a neighborhood. Long story short, I hear a siren while driving through the subdivision.. minutes later this same m/c cop pulls up behind me... i pull over in confusion.. he walks up and says "You know thats a stop sign back there... I reply.. Of course, thats why i stopped at it.... then it went downhill from there... My plate is on the back of my bike, but i had removed the whole 2ft fender extension.. Cop, You know i have to be able to see your plate form 300 ft. My reply.. then take a hundread yard dash down the road and read me yours.. this banter went back and forth... Gave me a ticket and i beat it in court.. end of story
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #34
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

^^^ LMAO
Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #35
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
Answer my PM puto.
I have one.... it made my day.

I was at the mall getting some lunch, I parked at one of the parking spots that are for compound vehicle's only. Anyways long story short he comes out and with an attitude tells me "MOVE YOUR BIKE OR I'M TOWING IT!!!" I was like why?? He said that's not a parking spot, and I was like "what?? This is a parking spot can't you tell??? " then he realize that he was wrong and did said that he was sorry that he had a long day.. oh that never felt so good. They always have a attitude when they see a biker.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #36
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
your an idiot. A. It is visible and B he is allowed to break the Law??? maybe you didnt read... there was no way possible for him to see my plates from the store outside of his car the left of the bike the back of the bike was never in front of him... The question is how many laws can they break.. how the is his 2 wrongs worse than my one.. who the said they can break it to enforce it????

Fyi i argues with him after he was already to give me the ticket ... and who the says he is right.. because he has a badge? I dont buy that.
I'm not even going to read the rest of the thread before posting this, so if it is already said then sorry. What cop can legally catch another car doing the speed limit or above without speeding? Of course he can break the law to catch you, he HAS to. The number of laws is irrelevant.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #37
flamablanca
Banned

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gixxa 1K

User is banned

flamablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #38
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

I'm almost betting that if you didn't have that chip on your shoulder you'd most likely have gotten off with a warning. And with all the bikes stolen throughout Houston, don't you want the police to check bikes? Oh wait but as long as its not your bike that gets pulled over right? Most the time an officer (as far as sportsbikes go) is looking for stolen or runners. 90% of the bikes I pull over get warnings (don't tell my supervisors) Is it cause I too am a rider or that they have they're inorder and aren't dicks? Yes I use chicken things like 5mph over to stop a bike at times, but if its all in the up and up the off you go. But I'm sure the few stolen bikes we've recovered the owners were more than please that we made those stops. Yes I'm sure there are officers who have it out for sportbikers in general and well, but you should really be venting about your STATE LAW MAKERS who make up these laws that law enforcement....enforce
/rant over
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #39
fecnik
beispiel?

Bike(s):
2007 R1

Send a message via AIM to fecnik
Quote:
So here is my story. Tonight riding home I get with in 2 miles of my house. As I am turning off a main lane to come home I see a Rockwall police officer coming out of the Chevron. I am not speeding as I am about to make a turn, i even used my blinker. As I pass the store *still not speeding* I see him get in his car. I think yep is about to come after me. Sure enough I see in my mirror him speeding up. Now note by the time he got on the road I was at least 1/4 mile or more ahead of him maybe 1/2 with a car behind me.
The officer gets on the other cars . Meaning he was speeding and I was going the exact limit. Forces the car over and comes around him (crossing the SOLID white line) So i have just watched him speed and cross the line. Two things he would have given me a ticket over right????

I pull over fast. * Officer Lic and reg... Me what am I being pulled over for?
Gimme you info first then we can talk about that. Me ummm no? Why am I being pulled over I have the right to know. He give me the info NOW. Do you even have a lic? Me yeah and its legal ( heh got M.E) he then tells me I was pulled over b/c my plate has to be on the rear of the bike not under. I was like really??? How could you see the back of my bike from the store you came out of? Him that dont matter? He then said one second im going to write your citation... At this point I rip his . I asked him how many laws he was allowed to break? How fast was he traveling to pull over someone not speeding? He then told me to talk to my attory about this.

Here is my question How many can they break? And do I have any rights. He stated that because he couldnt see it from 50' that is why I was pulled over.

Thoughts? rants raves. Oh yeah did tell him when he told me to ask an attorney. NO you work for the public and im the public so I want to know how many laws you can break when the public cant break any?

/end rant
should have showed him your ..
fecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #40
Mr.D

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50