MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Angry How many can they break? po po?

So here is my story. Tonight riding home I get with in 2 miles of my house. As I am turning off a main lane to come home I see a Rockwall police officer coming out of the Chevron. I am not speeding as I am about to make a turn, i even used my blinker. As I pass the store *still not speeding* I see him get in his car. I think yep is about to come after me. Sure enough I see in my mirror him speeding up. Now note by the time he got on the road I was at least 1/4 mile or more ahead of him maybe 1/2 with a car behind me.
The officer gets on the other cars . Meaning he was speeding and I was going the exact limit. Forces the car over and comes around him (crossing the SOLID white line) So i have just watched him speed and cross the line. Two things he would have given me a ticket over right????

I pull over fast. * Officer Lic and reg... Me what am I being pulled over for?
Gimme you info first then we can talk about that. Me ummm no? Why am I being pulled over I have the right to know. He give me the info NOW. Do you even have a lic? Me yeah and its legal ( heh got M.E) he then tells me I was pulled over b/c my plate has to be on the rear of the bike not under. I was like really??? How could you see the back of my bike from the store you came out of? Him that dont matter? He then said one second im going to write your citation... At this point I rip his . I asked him how many laws he was allowed to break? How fast was he traveling to pull over someone not speeding? He then told me to talk to my attory about this.

Here is my question How many can they break? And do I have any rights. He stated that because he couldnt see it from 50' that is why I was pulled over.

Thoughts? rants raves. Oh yeah did tell him when he told me to ask an attorney. NO you work for the public and im the public so I want to know how many laws you can break when the public cant break any?

/end rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday po-po 5.0! AaronP220 Off Topic 7 03-16-2010 05:50 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Bad Po Po got caught navigator Off Topic 5 07-18-2009 10:25 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

aaaaand how did that work out for you?

seriously though, I agree, it makes no sense to do what he did, other than, sportbikes have created their own bad image and the riders seem to usually make for an easy ticket writing session for no current registration, no "m" endorsement, tucked plate or something to do when he runs.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
Jerzey
The Trickster

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

lol. i love how people love to argue on the side of the road with officers. thats not the time or place!!! thats why they have courts. he was speeding he was doing this and that. and you were breaking the law. L plates need to be visible not deep under your tail like im guessing it is. he was speeding to catch you and ticket you for not obaying the law. hes right your wong. pay the ticket. move your plate and next time maybe fallow the directions givin to you and be nice and maybe he wont ticket you...... why would anyone let someone off if they are giving them an attitude???????????????
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
lol. i love how people love to argue on the side of the road with officers. thats not the time or place!!! thats why they have courts. he was speeding he was doing this and that. and you were breaking the law. L plates need to be visible not deep under your tail like im guessing it is. he was speeding to catch you and ticket you for not obaying the law. hes right your wong. pay the ticket. move your plate and next time maybe fallow the directions givin to you and be nice and maybe he wont ticket you...... why would anyone let someone off if they are giving them an attitude???????????????
your an idiot. A. It is visible and B he is allowed to break the Law??? maybe you didnt read... there was no way possible for him to see my plates from the store outside of his car the left of the bike the back of the bike was never in front of him... The question is how many laws can they break.. how the is his 2 wrongs worse than my one.. who the said they can break it to enforce it????

Fyi i argues with him after he was already to give me the ticket ... and who the says he is right.. because he has a badge? I dont buy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #5
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I have yet to read a thread where someone argues with a cop on the side of the road and the cop is apologetic, concedes and walks back to his cruiser with his head down.

But I'd sure like to see one.

That's like.... dividing by zero.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I have yet to read a thread where someone argues with a cop on the side of the road and the cop is apologetic, concedes and walks back to his cruiser with his head down.

Answer my PM puto.
MykolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Exactly why I hate cops.. Don't give me the about them just doing their job BS either. But I agree, you can't win a fight with them on the side of the road. Best is to just take note to everything that happens, do your day in court, and then take any injustice up with their department. I have one friend that did that and got an officer relieved of duty. I had a program on my phone (and need to find it again) that made it an instant voice recorder. I need to set that up again because the bs I have heard on the side of the road from a cop is . I've been ticket for speeding out of a line up of cars that JUST had left the same light, heading the same direction and was told I was doing 5 miles faster than the car in front of me.. I'm like WTF! How didn't I hit him then if we just left the same light less than 100 yards back. (I was guilty of dwb in a sports car with the top down.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Not saying you were right or wrong. Not going to 'PREJUDGE" your situation as I don't know all the facts (i.e. could he see). , did he site you for the plate or what? But next time get a case of the STFU, take your ticket, take notes, then take it to his .

For all the cops.. At a back yard bbq, you may be the coolest person I'll ever meet, but there's a GREAT chance I'll hate you in uniform. And I agree, they don't serve and protect the public. That's a joke.. One because their job is to react. Protection is to prevent. You can't prevent if you can only react or respond. That can only happen AFTER something has happened.
Oh sorry..
/RANT lol
Old 09-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

The people on this site would give the officer a medal.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

once several years ago.......
i was pulled over by the HCSO
two tickets-failure to signal? and cutting the corner to avoid the light?
anyway after the tickets he went to his car, I was PO'ed.

I walked back to the patrol car tapped on the window motioned to roll it down, he did and I said something to this effect......

"excuse me, but I must say that I thought I have had every ticket known to man, speeding , running the red, running the stop, excessive acceleration, drag racing, contest of speed, spinning tires, obscured license plate, you name it i've got it..........

but these two tickets are the most ridiculous I've ever had, at least if your going to give me a ticket, give me one for doing something .........."

it was funny then he asked
"how old are you?"
he checked his computer and found that I hadn't had a ticket in 15 years.
and then he said, "give me those tickets" and took them back.
i said, "No "
he laughed i said "Thank you"

after 35 years of riding in Houston I have had many encounters with the Law and have been always treated very "professionally".

A ticket doesn't mean your guilty, its just a promise to appear for the alleged "crime"..

My experience tells me if you act like a "" you definitely wont be
"let off" or "warned", or enjoy a nice conversation about how the officer himself rides a motorcycle..

anyway, I have good friends that are police,
but not all police are my good friends

and I certainly don't "whine" about the injustice of it all....
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

If you don't want the cops to with you don't give them a reason. A DPS trooper that pulled us over and is also a rider said he calls tucked plates "pursuit plates" because according to him, the riders that have them run. We didn't argue with him and he just issued a warning for the tucked plate.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #12
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

I feel that the "tucked plate' is one of the top reasons, why many get pulled over.
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #13
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

[QUOTE=Houstonbussa;2650357]Exactly why I hate cops.. Don't give me the about them just doing their job BS either. QUOTE]

+10000000000000
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I can imagine walking over to a cop sitting in his cruiser and tapping on the window. He'd probably think I was gonna try to shoot him.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Everyone hates cops till they need 'em 8)
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #16
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Everyone hates cops till they need 'em 8)
so true......

on another note. My son was pulled over by the po-po a while back for the same reason. We took about 20 pics, different angels fornt the bike of bike and defferent distances. I took them to court and i won. It was thrown out as i stated my case. i bought the fender eliminator kit and had Suzuki dealer install it, asked the shop if it was illegal..they said no. I explained all my case in details. It worked out just fine.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #17
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

I've needed them a of a lot less then they like to be around.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #18
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

dang sorry to hear... thats really harsh. keep us updated with going to court and stuff

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #19
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

The main requirement cops have is to operate "with due regard" for the safety of others. In other words, those "EXEMPT" plates mean they are exempt from traffic laws, AS LONG AS THEY CAN DO SO SAFELY.

License plates have to be readable from 50' away. If its dirty, tucked, or otherwise not legible, thats PC for a stop.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #20
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)