MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
600rr new motor and power commander bog

Just put a new (used) motor in the honda. the bike has a power commander so i just hooked it up to the current motor didnt change anything or mess with it.

I havent buttoned everything up to take it for a spin yet, but on idle when i give it gas it seems to want to bog low end if i get on the gas hard. Once it is above 2-3 grand it seems to rev fine.

There are no FI lights or anything of that nature and like i said i havent put it on the street yet to test it....

granted the bike is coming from a cold start ... is this normal ... been a while since i rode one of these things

does this sound like a power commander problem or something else
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
power commander imma_stocker Performance and Modifications 32 02-02-2012 07:24 PM
My new Power Commander V. with turbo and power shifter Gixxer Geezer Health and Fitness 24 08-11-2011 01:52 PM
Power Commander landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-12-2009 09:32 AM
Power Commander ... aboo007 Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2009 10:25 AM
Should I REALLY get a Power Commander?? rod3rickj General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 08-25-2008 04:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Are all the sensors hooked up? I had a problem with my SV where the thermostat wasn't connected and hit hard coded engine temp to something like 180 deg F and bike ran like until engine warmed up.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

I guess ill let it warm up tonight and try it ... i want to say they are all hooked up or it would throw an FI code. Read on 600rr.net to check for pinched lines as well
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

thanks for the advice and to big poyo we got her running pretty decent .. still havent buttoned everything up to take her to the road

Advertisement