MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

I park my bike inside, and have 3-1/2" rise from top of pavement to top of threshold. I use a 5'x12" piece of treated 3/4" plywood (scrap from a jobsite), with a 2x4 scrap screwed in about 4" from the end. The 4" lip sits on the flat section of the aluminum threshold lip, as the ramp end butts up against the oak threshold cap. That's it.

If you want it to not warp/bend in the center (over time), then just take a 2x4 scrap, and screw it in flat somewhere in the center of the ramp.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 09-13-2010 at 09:20 PM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yard house parking? Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 01-13-2013 03:16 PM
Parking ticket at my house!? XRCajun Off Topic 19 08-23-2011 12:21 PM
Dumb woman parking in a MC Parking zone only!!! Tyco_18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 220 09-08-2010 11:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
Flip
zen in 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'02 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
I'm going to start parking the bikes in the house. I have a 4" lip at the threshold of the door. I'm about to try one of these wheelchair ramps. But most have a cap of 300lbs (and when they say 600 they mean 300 at each axle). Just wondering if anyone else has used a ramp to park their bike in their house and what did you use? Things to look for? Etc.. Every motorcycle ramp I've seen is for loading in to the back of a pick up or something like that. Any suggestions are welcomed.

i got somethin for you. it's an aluminum catwalk off a tractor. i used to use it to get my bike up into sara's apt that had a six inch step. i think it measure's bout 13 3/4" x 33 1/2".

you can have it for a cold bud if you got one.

i'm in pasadena. let me know if you want it.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #23
Houstonbussa

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Ok.. roommate. No pix. Two, the garage is converted, three just got a ramp. I would be happy with a cover on the enclosed patio, but between all the bikes being stolen and he psycho ex... So going to start parking them in the living room for a while. All the 'great' ideas. I just went with a ramp. Just wanted to know if anyone else had one that they recommended. All that said and done, one of her friends are in a wheel chair, so it works out.

Also on the 600lbs.. bike and rider included, yes almost 533 lbs. DRY weight and me 172lbs is 705lbs total.. I understand it's split between two axles. duh. Another 30lbs wet. Now I haven't looked up to see what my roommate's bike weights and not going to ask her what she weighs. (read in to that statement)

As far as all the 2x4's, I don't think she'd get it up a 2x4. (Think I said that already)

@Anatram ~ Thanks for the offer. Again, just ordered one. Logic was her friend needs a ramp to enter the house. Because my original though was to just build one. Not had to do. (Just needed tools.. I would have provided the beer and pizza. haha)
Old 09-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
i got somethin for you. it's an aluminum catwalk off a tractor. i used to use it to get my bike up into sara's apt that had a six inch step. i think it measure's bout 13 3/4" x 33 1/2".

you can have it for a cold bud if you got one.

i'm in pasadena. let me know if you want it.

, if I would have read this before going to bed this morning (after getting off at 6a) I would have rang your doorbell with a 6pack.. Easily.. lmao. I did just order one though.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #25
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Daaaamn. Putting a Busa through a doorway sounds like a pain. I had a hard enough time with my 600 lol
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #26
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

The busa really I"m not worried about. It's her bike.. She has a cruiser with cruise pegs and lay down bars (almost like a cage vs sliders). They stick out as far if not further than the handle bars.. Very tight fit.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #27
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Or u could come move in my house and have a spot in my garage with alarm..., and no phsyco x and safe neighborhood
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #28
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

LMAO.. but you're one, a family man (i.e. w/ fam at the house). Kind of hard to have my co-ed, naked twister parties with your wifey and kids running around. Ok.. So what, I don't have those, but if I wanted to.. I could....Well I could dream about it..

But TWO... YOU'RE IN SPRING!.... WAY THE F out in SPRING!.. I'm getting tired just thinking about me having to drive to all the places I do daily on the sw and galleria area. LMAO.

Plus, that's why I because the roommate is because of the psycho ex. Good friend.

Advertisement