MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still" Ben Franklin. I know that everyone on this board has opinions on everything from gear to riding safe and everything in between. I don't know why people jump on a thread titled "Great Ride Today" and bash them for how they ride. Make your own thread titled "Don't go 'too fast' on public roads". Also, define 'too fast'. For every person that says guys ride to fast there are 1000 more non-riders that say riding a motorcycle at all is dangerous. Guys that ride fast on the street know the risk. Hopefully, no one gets hurt. All I ask is that when you pass me give me deuce since we're all bikers.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Somerville Ride today...30+ riders queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-17-2014 10:41 PM
Today was a great day to ride the forest Bastage General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-19-2009 11:06 PM
Great ride today.... maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-19-2008 04:22 PM
THank you everyone for a GREAT ride today! Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 18 04-02-2007 09:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #62
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still" Ben Franklin. I know that everyone on this board has opinions on everything from gear to riding safe and everything in between. I don't know why people jump on a thread titled "Great Ride Today" and bash them for how they ride. Make your own thread titled "Don't go 'too fast' on public roads". Also, define 'too fast'. For every person that says guys ride to fast there are 1000 more non-riders that say riding a motorcycle at all is dangerous. Guys that ride fast on the street know the risk. Hopefully, no one gets hurt. All I ask is that when you pass me give me deuce since we're all bikers.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #63
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Maybe it's because the OP said "...but still was able to do 3 runs before any cops can get there......"

Just maybe.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #64
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
It's not the riders I care about, or worry about. It's the residents that I sympathize for, having to deal with these guys. I mean seriously, you may not think it's a big deal because you only go out there on a every other Saturday or whenever, but for them WHO KNOWS how often they have to put up with that...
Old 09-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #65
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Maybe you should read more of the thread....no one gives 2 about riding fast...thats not what we are trying to stop...I dont care if you drag your knee or your face on the ground...its about whoring out the same roads like its going out of style....I wouldnt be suprised if they put speed bumps there because of all the trouble ppl are causing going back and forth, back and forth then hauling out of there because they know the cops are coming...everybody speeds and theres no denying it but its staying on one street to long that is gonna get ppl tickets or thrown in jail for such a lame reason

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
Old 09-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #66
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
The very essence of obtuse...carry on.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #67
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Maybe you should read more of the thread....no one gives 2 about riding fast...thats not what we are trying to stop...I dont care if you drag your knee or your face on the ground...its about whoring out the same roads like its going out of style....I wouldnt be suprised if they put speed bumps there because of all the trouble ppl are causing going back and forth, back and forth then hauling out of there because they know the cops are coming...everybody speeds and theres no denying it but its staying on one street to long that is gonna get ppl tickets or thrown in jail for such a lame reason
I read the thread. I get your point. The residents can get the cops to shut it down. The riders know tickets and jail are the rewards for going fast. It would stop if the residents did something or the riders feared the cops. No ones opinion will help either case. Otherwise, Maverick will continue to buzz the tower. I'm former Air Force too. (you may still be in) Aim High.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #68
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredford View Post
The very essence of obtuse...carry on.
The very essence of lame...now you can carry on, lol. Why so serious?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #69
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

are we still here about RR?? come on guys! really?? yall starting to act like a bunch of girls just fighting about some stupid ....

far as i can remember people have been riding RR for over 5 years already right?? i mean i've been riding for about 3 years and way before that

people knew about RR just like CRR, now lets really think about this... SMR go there every sunday and they spend about 7 minutes doing the whole

road, it takes about 45 minutes to get there...then about 7 minutes there then ride it again the next week! right?? so every sunday for about 7

minutes SMR goes there and do 2-3 runs,

if this was such a bad problem to residents that leave there, dont you thing that there will be cops waiting for us every sunday??? far as i can

remember i only seen one cop there for the pass 3 years that i've been going there..

on top of that there are not that many houses out there so i dont see whats the problem is actually a very open field of big houses and a lot of trees.

so....you guys can complain and complain as much as you want to, but no body is going to listen, just like talking about gear and all this other tips about riding, people just have to learn the hard way...

by the way... far as i can remember about the day that the cops took some people to jail, the only reason they were out there was because in the last few days there was more than 2 crashes and 2 people actually die. so they were out to keep it low NOT because the residents were about bikes coming every sunday and ride RR like crazy.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #70
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
are we still here about RR?? come on guys! really?? yall starting to act like a bunch of girls just fighting about some stupid ....

far as i can remember people have been riding RR for over 5 years already right?? i mean i've been riding for about 3 years and way before that

people knew about RR just like CRR, now lets really think about this... SMR go there every sunday and they spend about 7 minutes doing the whole

road, it takes about 45 minutes to get there...then about 7 minutes there then ride it again the next week! right?? so every sunday for about 7

minutes SMR goes there and do 2-3 runs,

if this was such a bad problem to residents that leave there, dont you thing that there will be cops waiting for us every sunday??? far as i can

remember i only seen one cop there for the pass 3 years that i've been going there..

on top of that there are not that many houses out there so i dont see whats the problem is actually a very open field of big houses and a lot of trees.

so....you guys can complain and complain as much as you want to, but no body is going to listen, just like talking about gear and all this other tips about riding, people just have to learn the hard way...

by the way... far as i can remember about the day that the cops took some people to jail, the only reason they were out there was because in the last few days there was more than 2 crashes and 2 people actually die. so they were out to keep it low NOT because the residents were about bikes coming every sunday and ride RR like crazy.
It only takes seconds for someone to get killed or crash - innocent bystander or biker. And it doesn't even take that long to arouse unnecessary attention from the residents and the law. Organizing a disrespectful public race on residential streets is not what any of us should be about. These RR "racers" are no better than the asshats doing 3 digit speeds on 610 with people and families in cars on the freeways.

MH is better than this.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #71
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
It only takes seconds for someone to get killed or crash - innocent bystander or biker. And it doesn't even take that long to arouse unnecessary attention from the residents and the law. Organizing a disrespectful public race on residential streets is not what any of us should be about. MH is better than this.
yeah it only takes seconds and one little mistake and then everything goes to ....we all know that. i almost eat out there so i know how fast things can turn ugly but it was my fault and my decision of riding.

we are one big family of riders and everyone shares the love for bikes, but i really dont see this to be a BIG deal of going out there for 5 minutes of every week when i am sure there are BIGGER problems then just a group of bikes doing a weekend ride.

i mean like i said....if it was A BIG DEAL, dont you think that cops will be cracking down bikers every weekend?? for the pass 3 years....??
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #72
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
and it irritates people like me when we see threads about you guys crying when someone wrecked there, or was killed there.
can you reference any threads that i have posted about us crying because someone in our group went down please?

what irritates me the most is when people make up!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #73
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
can you reference any threads that i have posted about us crying because someone in our group went down please?

what irritates me the most is when people make up!
i didnt know some one crashed??
wait...no still nothing!!!

how in the this threat turned into RANTS ABOUT SMR and RR???
talk about thread jacking here....i used to think that bikes forums was about people helping people with other bikes and meet cool people but lately it has been all about ....

and most of the people talking mess are the one that only do track days and dont come out riding every weekend on the streets! wait... i know why, because they are responsible.

... im just a stupid kid!

alright changing the subject here...
i will give up street riding if we only had one of this here in houston other then TRACK21

Last edited by floyd600; 09-13-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #74
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
It's not the riders I care about, or worry about. It's the residents that I sympathize for, having to deal with these guys. I mean seriously, you may not think it's a big deal because you only go out there on a every other Saturday or whenever, but for them WHO KNOWS how often they have to put up with that...
If you care so much about the residents, maybe you should have started a thread titled "Please don't disturb the residents at RR"
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #75
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
If you care so much about the residents, maybe you should have started a thread titled "Please don't disturb the residents at RR"
hey frank i got a really good idea, what about everyone buys one of those pocket bikes and we race ever sunday?? that would be so bad !!

no more tickets and no more and we can go do monday minis... OMG im so getting another one! LOL they are actually not that bad. i paid 170 for my 49cc and its fast with some racing tires...
Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #76
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
It only takes seconds for someone to get killed or crash - innocent bystander or biker. And it doesn't even take that long to arouse unnecessary attention from the residents and the law. Organizing a disrespectful public race on residential streets is not what any of us should be about. These RR "racers" are no better than the asshats doing 3 digit speeds on 610 with people and families in cars on the freeways.

MH is better than this.
who said anything about disrespectful or public race? we are all a group of friends that get together to ride and have fun, we know how fast each rider is so there is no point on racing at all..... Ormand, i do not know you personally and you obviously do not know any of us or even ridden with us before to call us disrespectful in any sense.....
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #77
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #78
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Man, you guys are taking this way too seriously.

The track riders gonna make comments about the street riders.
Street riders gonna make comments about the track riders.
Street racers gonna go down. Po gonna crack down.
Everyone's gonna hate.

Go crack open a beer, flip around on the remote and catch a late night western.
Closed Thread