Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #41
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

I think it's pretty stupid to mach 'race' public roads just because they are not filled with cars.

It's no wonder you always see threads titled "rider down at RR" or similar. I don't blame the residents there one bit for calling the cops and I think it's hilarious when riders complain about that. It gets to the point where I don't even blame them when they throw debris out in the road. Have respect, or ride your motorcycle like a normal person would and not pretend you are on the race track just because you either:

A. Can't afford a track day (that's unfortunate and not your fault, but it doesn't mean act like a 'racer' on the street.

B. Whatever other reason you want to make up.

If two cars where racing on the street and took out some bikes, you would all be throwing a fit.....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Somerville Ride today...30+ riders queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-17-2014 10:41 PM
Today was a great day to ride the forest Bastage General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-19-2009 11:06 PM
Great ride today.... maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-19-2008 04:22 PM
THank you everyone for a GREAT ride today! Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 18 04-02-2007 09:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #42
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
1. this may also shock you but there are many other good roads near Austin and San Antonio if you look at the maps let's put it this way.... our riding objectives are a lot different than yours, we can care less about miles and miles of straight roads with nice scenery everywhere you look, for that i will probably need a touring bike instead. Our riding objectives are very simple, to ride a road that offers the most turns per miles, best road conditions, and also close to home because we all need to be back home by noon! So far RR has the best turns, excellent new blacktop and it's only 30 minutes outside of Houston. In case you find some other roads that can top that please let us know and we will be happy to include it in our next SMR!

2. i think you must have alzheimer or something where did i get the 66 number from? oh yeah you mentioned that on your previous post are we talking about RR here? if we are then i can tell you that most of the speed limits signs on RR are 45 mph, we ride RR every sunday so i do not assume, i know it's a fact! to blame me for the cops having less tolerance and start giving tickets is the same as blaming me for the tickets..... look man let's cut the here, people get tickets for breaking the law and not because of me!

3. As far as the challenging part? first, we are out there to have fun...... now, the challenging part really depends on how fast you ride and take those turns. To us is not much of a challenge since we do it every sunday but i have seen people go down trying to keep up with us and even heard of fellow bikers getting killed out there.... so when it comes down to it, it really depends on "you" if you want to make it a relaxed ride or a more challenging one. (if you do decide to make it a more challenging ride next time you hit RR and get a ticket in the process... please don't blame me and this may also shock you: "there are other groups out there that ride RR on a sunday morning")
It's not worth the keystrokes or my time to reply any more than this...

Have a good one and be careful out there; we can debate in person some time.

Look for the me on the "touring" Bimota DB4. I'll look for the Ducati with the rider that has the "Racer Road 1000 yard stare".

Hasta,

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 09-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #43
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

kokesh

That's all
Old 09-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #44
wes600rr
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 cbr 600rr
04 yamaha r1

effing love haters. lol. They make this site what it is.
Who buys a street bike made to perform in the twisties and just goes on roads to do the speed limit 100% of the time? anyone?... anyone? NO. That would just be stupid. RR is a fun road and is very short so for it to be worth the time to get there...you ride it more than once. DUH. Everyone loves to blame others.
As far as reasons for riding public roads in a race fashion because some cant afford track days... Some people just want to ride for a couple hours and not dedicate an entire day to tracks and want to ride with people they are comfortable riding with rather than a packed track full of people they have to worry about doing stupid sh*t.
Sure the residents have a legitimate reason to complain sometimes...but as far as putting gravel on the road is cruel and if caught doing so and a rider goes down and dies...that is murder.

if you ride the roads.. you know the consequences. Everyone should just leave it at that. so all the haters that "do nothing wrong"...looks like you have no reason to get pulled over.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #45
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Great Ride Today.... Back to RR we went

With that attitude it shouldn't really upset you if someone stole your bike then. I mean, who do you know that obeys the law all the time, right? The people who live there might have picked that spot to ESCAPE the noise of the city and cars and motorcycles. It's just like when you're trying to sleep and your neighbor is jackhammering his driveway, except the difference is there aren't 10 of them jackhammering...

But you're right about the last part you said.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #46
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
I think it's pretty stupid to mach 'race' public roads just because they are not filled with cars.

It's no wonder you always see threads titled "rider down at RR" or similar. I don't blame the residents there one bit for calling the cops and I think it's hilarious when riders complain about that. It gets to the point where I don't even blame them when they throw debris out in the road. Have respect, or ride your motorcycle like a normal person would and not pretend you are on the race track just because you either:

A. Can't afford a track day (that's unfortunate and not your fault, but it doesn't mean act like a 'racer' on the street.

B. Whatever other reason you want to make up.

If two cars where racing on the street and took out some bikes, you would all be throwing a fit.....
can you elaborate "ride like a normal person" to us please? this thing is getting too funny...... do "You" ride like a normal person 100% of the times? by throwing debris on the road with the sole purpose of hurting fellow bikers, would that kind of behavior be considered as normal in your book?

Last edited by sunday_rider; 09-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #47
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I just wanted to say.........."I LOVE ICE CREAM AND OREO COOKIES"
Old 09-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #48
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^LMAO^^
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #49
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Oh....yeah....... I love you guys for always turning everything into a argument! !! its like everyone is on their period or something
Old 09-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #50
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
can you elaborate "ride like a normal person" to us please? this thing is getting too funny...... do "You" ride like a normal person 100% of the times? by throwing debris on the road with the sole purpose of hurting fellow bikers, would that kind of behavior be considered as normal in your book?
Normal can be defined as a lot of things and I understand it's subjective. HOWEVER, normal street riding is NOT what you guys do at RR and the like. You can say whatever you want and come up with a million excuses, but it won't change the fact that you guys are inconsiderate to the home owners there, and it irritates people like me when we see threads about you guys crying when someone wrecked there, or was killed there.

I don't feel like throwing debris in the road is by any means acting "normal" but I understand how the residents there could give a about "normal" anymore after how long they've had to put up with all the bikers.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #51
350zaid

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

I just wanna say I like Katz's chocolate cheesecake milkshake!!! its amazing everyone should go try it
Old 09-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #52
wes600rr
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 cbr 600rr
04 yamaha r1

who is to say what normal is ?...
everyone has there own definition of normal and what is disrespect and what isn't.
which is why everyone argues. Its not like we go to RR on the sole intention on the home owners off. Its not like they hear you for more than a few seconds as you pass anyways. haha
Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #53
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zaid View Post
I just wanna say I like Katz's chocolate cheesecake milkshake!!! its amazing everyone should go try it
Hey you Shut shut your mouth! Shut it right now!!! Do It.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #54
stiletto
R.I.P JOE-MISS U MAN

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 600rr

SMR are the everythime i get a chance to go i enjoy it
People need to mind their own business we dont talk bout the stuff yall be doing so why get on this thread and start running yalls mouth
If we get tickets dont worty bout it yall aint paying for them we are so.. Stop talking bout of its cause of yall this and that worry bout yall and thats it
Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #55
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
kokesh

That's all
lulz.

Im off on the weekends now so I'll go around finding roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #56
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes600rr View Post
who is to say what normal is ?...
everyone has there own definition of normal and what is disrespect and what isn't.
which is why everyone argues. Its not like we go to RR on the sole intention on the home owners off. Its not like they hear you for more than a few seconds as you pass anyways. haha
WOW! This is the problem with society today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiletto View Post
People need to mind their own business we dont talk bout the stuff yall be doing so why get on this thread and start running yalls mouth
If we get tickets dont worty bout it yall aint paying for them we are so.. Stop talking bout of its cause of yall this and that worry bout yall and thats it
Because it's dumbass, inconsiderate riders who ruin it for everyone. Do some research on what cops have done to bikers in states like California, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ohio. It won't be long until not only will laws be passed like those here, but some will end up in a body bag.

Enjoy the roads, but allow others to do so as well. Respect the community, and the cops and homeowners will show you some too.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #57
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Because it's dumbass, inconsiderate riders who ruin it for everyone. Do some research on what cops have done to bikers in states like California, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ohio. It won't be long until not only will laws be passed like those here, but some will end up in a body bag.

Enjoy the roads, but allow others to do so as well. Respect the community, and the cops and homeowners will show you some too.
Well said Tim. But as you may have noticed, this particular group would be defined as obtuse (as another member accurately PM'd me). I gave up; it's not worth the effort.

Darwin will fix this eventually. You can't fix stupid.

See you at GSS next Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Fellow "hater",

Staton
The Problem - Endurance
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #58
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Darwin will fix this eventually.
Unfortunately, I think this is true. Every SMR is a dice roll; if it's not road debris it's something unexpected from a car or another rider... or an encounter with the police.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #59
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Sorry. I know most get it, but to our special friends...

obĚtuse   /əbˈtus, -ˈtyus/
–adjective
1. not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.
2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.
3. (of a leaf, petal, etc.) rounded at the extremity.
4. indistinctly felt or perceived, as pain or sound.

That was idiotic of me to assume the definition of obtuse would be known by them.

The Problem - Endurance
Old 09-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #60
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiletto View Post

You don't talk about what stuff, exactly??

Do you think it's the fact that you could get a ticket, that I even give a ? I could literally not care less if you or anyone else in the world for that matter, got a moving violation
Closed Thread