MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
Wish I could have made it.. Too bad I slept at 5am and no way I'd be energize to go, glad it went well and no jail time for anyone.
To the ones hating the SMR rides, your foolish! There are millions of riders and anyone could have triggered the cops, each and every time u ride your at risk! Even the moment u start your bike you enter risk! If it's your bad day just suck it up
NO SIR! you suck it up..... get it real wet
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Somerville Ride today...30+ riders queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-17-2014 10:41 PM
Today was a great day to ride the forest Bastage General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-19-2009 11:06 PM
Great ride today.... maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-19-2008 04:22 PM
THank you everyone for a GREAT ride today! Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 18 04-02-2007 09:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #22
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Thats very true... I offer a sleep over at my place
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #23
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Thats very true... I offer a sleep over at my place
and can we play pillow fights??

Last edited by floyd600; 09-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #24
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Im not sure what that is but often times after a few drinks we play 'find the jelly bean.'

usually Im the only guy but I suppose I can share occasionally
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
it is unfortunate that we live in houston and all that we have are CR, RR, Fayetteville and the Forest..... they are all public roads and as far as i know we are not the only riders that go over there to ride those roads. As far as setting other bikers up? i think i did mention that we got there a bit late, for all i know there could have been another group there earlier to set us up..... we all break the law when we get on our bikes, it's just a matter of when? If you ever been to RR you would know that it is a very short run, maybe less than 2 minutes each way, so we spent less than 6-8 minutes on that road in all and called it the day.
Haha it was not my intentions just like the other post I made a couple of weeks back to be negative towards you guys group rides. Frank I rode with you guy one time earlier this year and that was all it took for me to realize that your group was not my cup of tea. The pace what good, the riders were good but when we stopped on RR and had another guy from your group go back and forth haulin then we went back and rode it like 3 times..I was like WTF are we doing? Soon after we pulled over again I left with 2 other guys cuz we were going to ride another road and we intentionally went the opposite direction so not to go back to CRR.

Im trying to look out for u guys....for the past few months Ive read thru u guys' ride thread and there has been something with the cops...if i remember right some of the guys even went to jail....Im not saying to stop riding CRR...but stop going back and forth back and forth....get in and get out...you are not to blame for somebody else coming thru and getting pulled over...Im not saying to ride slow...im just saying chill out on hitting the roads so many times...like Cali just posted there are plenty of roads that are out there...Open up google maps and just look for a curvey road and go explore it..but dont it out is all im saying

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #26
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Im not sure what that is but often times after a few drinks we play 'find the jelly bean.'

usually Im the only guy but I suppose I can share occasionally
i would need a manual for that game

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #27
350zaid

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

Bike is ready now so I'll probally come out next time or something i just wanted to stay low cause of my speeding ticket i just got :/
Old 09-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

glad to hear that Zaid! just don't let your brother ride it the way he likes to ride lol
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #29
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
glad to hear that Zaid! just don't let your brother ride it the way he likes to ride lol
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
350zaid

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

Quote:
haha its all good its a learning process for both of us!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #31
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Learning? ???? Its like a protect! !
Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #32
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
Learning? ???? Its like a protect! !
youre almost at 1000 post count!!

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #33
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
youre almost at 1000 post count!!
YES!!!!!!! and this one should do it.

I wanna thank the route Gange for making this happen, I wanna thank all the haters as well and to everyone that was there for me. Hahahahaha
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #34
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Oh......and thank you motohouston!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #35
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
1. I think you are the only Idiot here you just admitted doing the same thing we do let's do the math here.... we did 3 passes and you did 2 correct? how is yours any different from ours? please elaborate

2. You can't be serious about blaming me for every ticket that gets issued at RR right? well, allow me to let you into a little secret: people get tickets because they are going above the speed limit, cops are out there to do their jobs, it doesnt matter if you are riding a motorcycle or driving a car anywhere in the US, if you get caught speeding you will pay for the consequences! it has nothing to do with me I think most of the posted speed signs out there are 45mph, i did not have a gun to his head and forced him to go 66 on a 45, the funny thing is that i dont even know the guy that you are talking about he had the choice to go 45 or in this case 66 correct? i think it's time to man up and stop blaming other for their own actions! Now, to blame me because other go above the speed limit or because the cops are enforcing the law? that to me is pretty Idiotic

My $0.02 cents
1. First off, calling me an idiot isn't too bright, you might hurt my feelings and I might cry, or something...nah, not really.

I said it (the action of riding the same road three times) was idiotic; you want to own it, it's on you. I did one pass on a longer ride. One. I know it may shock you, but these motorcycle things we ride can actually go other places and come back different routes.

2. I never said I blamed you for every ticket. I do blame you and your group for the LEO's recent lack of tolerance. I also didn't say 66 in a 45. Dont assume. It make an out of...nevermind.

The point is that I have been pulled over and let off many times. More than likely it's in areas that haven't had recent repeat reruns from Walter Mitty racers. I have also received perfomance driving awards. I usually take defferred for them and move on. Your right, my risks, my reward (or penalty).

Immediate repeat running of the same road (the idiotic action) at high speeds gets people's attention, who then complain. Complaints mean it's on the LEO's radar, so less tolerance. No complaints, good chance you might get a pass.

When it really comes down to it, it's a non-challenging, short road anyway. Hit the roads Cali posted and mix it up a bit, you might even enjoy it.

Staton
no 0.02, this one's for free, and about all it's probably worth to you.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 09-13-2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: took out a smart alek somment I made
Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #36
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Just FYI.. If you are going to hit RR get there early. Are many different groups that live close to Katy hit that road also every Sat and Sun. The earlier you hit it better off you are.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #37
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
YES!!!!!!! and this one should do it.

I wanna thank the route Gange for making this happen, I wanna thank all the haters as well and to everyone that was there for me. Hahahahaha
i feel a great privilege of being included in your 1000th post

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #38
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Where is RR? Ive never even heard about it until today lol.

<------Newb moment haha
Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Oliveira View Post
Where is RR? Ive never even heard about it until today lol.

<------Newb moment haha
its in katy, ill pm you
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #40
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
1. First off, calling me an idiot isn't too bright, you might hurt my feelings and I might cry, or something...nah, not really.

I said it (the action of riding the same road three times) was idiotic; you want to own it, it's on you. I did one pass on a longer ride. One. I know it may shock you, but these motorcycle things we ride can actually go other places and come back different routes.

2. I never said I blamed you for every ticket. I do blame you and your group for the LEO's recent lack of tolerance. I also didn't say 66 in a 45. Dont assume. It make an out of...nevermind.

The point is that I have been pulled over and let off many times. More than likely it's in areas that haven't had recent repeat reruns from Walter Mitty racers. I have also received perfomance driving awards. I usually take defferred for them and move on. Your right, my risks, my reward (or penalty).

Immediate repeat running of the same road (the idiotic action) at high speeds gets people's attention, who then complain. Complaints mean it's on the LEO's radar, so less tolerance. No complaints, good chance you might get a pass.

When it really comes down to it, it's a non-challenging, short road anyway. Hit the roads Cali posted and mix it up a bit, you might even enjoy it.

Staton
no 0.02, this one's for free, and about all it's probably worth to you.
1. this may also shock you but there are many other good roads near Austin and San Antonio if you look at the maps let's put it this way.... our riding objectives are a lot different than yours, we can care less about miles and miles of straight roads with nice scenery everywhere you look, for that i will probably need a touring bike instead. Our riding objectives are very simple, to ride a road that offers the most turns per miles, best road conditions, and also close to home because we all need to be back home by noon! So far RR has the best turns, excellent new blacktop and it's only 30 minutes outside of Houston. In case you find some other roads that can top that please let us know and we will be happy to include it in our next SMR!

2. i think you must have alzheimer or something where did i get the 66 number from? oh yeah you mentioned that on your previous post are we talking about RR here? if we are then i can tell you that most of the speed limits signs on RR are 45 mph, we ride RR every sunday so i do not assume, i know it's a fact! to blame me for the cops having less tolerance and start giving tickets is the same as blaming me for the tickets..... look man let's cut the here, people get tickets for breaking the law and not because of me!

3. As far as the challenging part? first, we are out there to have fun...... now, the challenging part really depends on how fast you ride and take those turns. To us is not much of a challenge since we do it every sunday but i have seen people go down trying to keep up with us and even heard of fellow bikers getting killed out there.... so when it comes down to it, it really depends on "you" if you want to make it a relaxed ride or a more challenging one. (if you do decide to make it a more challenging ride next time you hit RR and get a ticket in the process... please don't blame me and this may also shock you: "there are other groups out there that ride RR on a sunday morning")