MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Thumbs up Great Ride Today.... Back to RR we went

So today we went back to RR again, we got there a little late, but still was able to do 3 runs before any cops can get there...... After the third run we all went to get some drinks and called it the day!

It was nice riding with Jimmy again this morning and some of the regulars as well.... we had a few new faces today, hope they enjoyed our SMR and come back next time
Great Somerville Ride today...30+ riders queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-17-2014 10:41 PM
Today was a great day to ride the forest Bastage General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-19-2009 11:06 PM
Great ride today.... maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-19-2008 04:22 PM
THank you everyone for a GREAT ride today! Mrs. ~T~ Off Topic 18 04-02-2007 09:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
plummer
dude

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600

rr? rankin rd? havn trouble keepn up. pp1?pp2?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Racer Road north of katy
Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Here's an idea, stop riding up and down the same stinkin road so many times!!!! Then the cops won't get called.....same with all the other roads. Hit it once and be gone with it, that's y the residents there get . U r also setting up the next unknowing biker who coincidentally hits the road after you guys leave and the cops will bust him instead of the "racers" who get thier laps in someones neighborhood. Just a thought
Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

riding the same road over and over again is like shooting yourself in the foot, it everybody off and makes it harder for *anyone* to have a normal ride on that road because you abuse the out of it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

It is idiotic to rerun the same road three times. I ride RR and others all over from Katy, to College Station, etc...

Usually once through and back another way. Most people sitting in their house probably don't give it much thought as it is ONE pass.

You (OP) are the ones that are causing the cops to have such a low tolerance, and I don't blame them.

A rider I know got nailed for 66 mph, the LEO said they had to have zero tolerance due to the complaints. Luckily, some dipsh^t went by at over 100, my friend said, "I think those are the guys your looking for" and the LEO let him off and went after them.

My $0.02.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 09-12-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Here's an idea, stop riding up and down the same stinkin road so many times!!!! Then the cops won't get called.....same with all the other roads. Hit it once and be gone with it, that's y the residents there get . U r also setting up the next unknowing biker who coincidentally hits the road after you guys leave and the cops will bust him instead of the "racers" who get thier laps in someones neighborhood. Just a thought
it is unfortunate that we live in houston and all that we have are CR, RR, Fayetteville and the Forest..... they are all public roads and as far as i know we are not the only riders that go over there to ride those roads. As far as setting other bikers up? i think i did mention that we got there a bit late, for all i know there could have been another group there earlier to set us up..... we all break the law when we get on our bikes, it's just a matter of when? If you ever been to RR you would know that it is a very short run, maybe less than 2 minutes each way, so we spent less than 6-8 minutes on that road in all and called it the day.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
I agree. Hate to admit it but if i lived on road that was full of Motorcycles haulimg all weekend long id call The cops to. Give the locals a break and find a new road.
i am all for finding new roads but i think it's easier said than done..... what roads would you suggest?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
riding the same road over and over again is like shooting yourself in the foot, it everybody off and makes it harder for *anyone* to have a normal ride on that road because you abuse the out of it.
i do agree with you and thats why we do a few passes and get the out of there before the sheriff shows up!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):

RR is like 12 miles..
Old 09-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

@ thread backfire from #4 post on. And I agree...no need to rerun the same road over and over again.

thread backfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
It is idiotic to rerun the same road three times. I ride RR and others all over from Katy, to College Station, etc...

Usually once through and back another way. Most people sitting in their house probably don't give it much thought as it is ONE pass.

You (OP) are the ones that are causing the cops to have such a low tolerance, and I don't blame them.

A rider I know got nailed for 66 mph, the LEO said they had to have zero tolerance due to the complaints. Luckily, some dipsh^t went by at over 100, my friend said, "I think those are the guys your looking for" and the LEO let him off and went after them.
My $0.02.

Staton
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

My $0.02.

Staton
1. I think you are the only Idiot here you just admitted doing the same thing we do let's do the math here.... we did 3 passes and you did 2 correct? how is yours any different from ours? please elaborate

2. You can't be serious about blaming me for every ticket that gets issued at RR right? well, allow me to let you into a little secret: people get tickets because they are going above the speed limit, cops are out there to do their jobs, it doesnt matter if you are riding a motorcycle or driving a car anywhere in the US, if you get caught speeding you will pay for the consequences! it has nothing to do with me I think most of the posted speed signs out there are 45mph, i did not have a gun to his head and forced him to go 66 on a 45, the funny thing is that i dont even know the guy that you are talking about he had the choice to go 45 or in this case 66 correct? i think it's time to man up and stop blaming other for their own actions! Now, to blame me because other go above the speed limit or because the cops are enforcing the law? that to me is pretty Idiotic

My $0.02 cents
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Livingston, ColdSprings, 390, 3090/148/1774/2819/1488/362/all our small roads, old Conroe RR, heck 610 loop(both directions so you wear both sides of the tires )

I dont go back the same way I came immediately. That would be too boring; I like to get out and find new roads. That's how we came up w all the hair pin small roads on the FR's.

No matter the speed, residents will always complain. Our bikes AT the speed limit are loudly obnoxious anyways. Its a matter of respecting the residents and commuters in the area. When we come up on traffic, we let off, usually they pull over after a few seconds and wave us on. We wave as we pass and pass within reason. I guarantee those people wont be calling in.

Im just trying to comment that there are always room for improvement and options for improving the personna of our character on two wheels.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:

My $0.02.

Staton
Hahahahha Hater. Where's the love?

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Old 09-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

it was a great ride frank, if people wanna talk about "stop riding the same road" well...... then what about all the people that go to the forest and go fast as f***???
or what about all the people that do 610 routes??
if you are doing the speed limit and wanna enjoy your ride I AM SURE THAT COPS WILL NOT PULL YOU OVER FOR NOT SPEEDING....... so stop about it!! if you dont want trouble then dont brake the laws and im sure that trouble wouldn't find you.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #17
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^exactly my point^^
Old 09-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #18
crazivi3tdude
Commander in Chief !!!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Mongoose
C
B
R

Send a message via AIM to crazivi3tdude
Wish I could have made it.. Too bad I slept at 5am and no way I'd be energize to go, glad it went well and no jail time for anyone.
To the ones hating the SMR rides, your foolish! There are millions of riders and anyone could have triggered the cops, each and every time u ride your at risk! Even the moment u start your bike you enter risk! If it's your bad day just suck it up

Yes! my name is Ninja!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #19
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Livingston, ColdSprings, 390, 3090/148/1774/2819/1488/362/all our small roads, old Conroe RR, heck 610 loop(both directions so you wear both sides of the tires )

I dont go back the same way I came immediately. That would be too boring; I like to get out and find new roads. That's how we came up w all the hair pin small roads on the FR's.

No matter the speed, residents will always complain. Our bikes AT the speed limit are loudly obnoxious anyways. Its a matter of respecting the residents and commuters in the area. When we come up on traffic, we let off, usually they pull over after a few seconds and wave us on. We wave as we pass and pass within reason. I guarantee those people wont be calling in.

Im just trying to comment that there are always room for improvement and options for improving the personna of our character on two wheels.
Hey Cali, all those are nice roads, but for us to go up north is more like an all day event rather than a quick morning ride
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazivi3tdude View Post
Wish I could have made it.. Too bad I slept at 5am and no way I'd be energize to go, glad it went well and no jail time for anyone.
To the ones hating the SMR rides, your foolish! There are millions of riders and anyone could have triggered the cops, each and every time u ride your at risk! Even the moment u start your bike you enter risk! If it's your bad day just suck it up
Yo Ninja whats up man.... we had a great ride today!