MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #21
Osiris102406
Osiris

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

you drove the bike in for a tire and left with a hole in the Oil Pan ????

am i hearing this right?

did you see them preform the work ? do they have normal hydralic lifts and did yu see the hole? was it a crack or a complete hole?

i may just be over reacting but i just find it really hard to beleive that you all of a sudden get this narly oil leak from a HOLE in the Oil pan ( sounds to me like consperacy)

i took my bike to a dealer ONE time and i will never do that again (thank you STUBBS POWER SPORTS HWY 59) they... well lets just put it this way i turned down the free oil change they offered because i didnt want them near my bike again

be very precausious about service done when you cant stand over them and watch.

the motorcycle industry is full of crooks and its becasue there is not a necesity means for transportation for everyone (note: i said that because i know ppl can afford cars or choose not to own them.).

i have been in houston almost 2 years know and i beleive that if you are going to need or get service done .... Yes even a tire change if you dont do it yourself, Motorcycles Unlimited is probably one of your best bets.

dont get me wrong I DO all of my own work now but if i had to trust some one it ould be Pat
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABS good or bad? RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-26-2009 05:03 PM
Good or bad idea? samv1368 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-14-2008 10:13 PM
a good or bad decision??? HELP!! sbfuller Off Topic 72 04-15-2008 09:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #22
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris102406 View Post

am i hearing this right?

did you see them preform the work ? do they have normal hydralic lifts and did yu see the hole? was it a crack or a complete hole?

i may just be over reacting but i just find it really hard to beleive that you all of a sudden get this narly oil leak from a HOLE in the Oil pan ( sounds to me like consperacy)

i took my bike to a dealer ONE time and i will never do that again (thank you STUBBS POWER SPORTS HWY 59) they... well lets just put it this way i turned down the free oil change they offered because i didnt want them near my bike again

the motorcycle industry is full of crooks and its becasue there is not a necesity means for transportation for everyone (note: i said that because i know ppl can afford cars or choose not to own them.).

i have been in houston almost 2 years know and i beleive that if you are going to need or get service done .... Yes even a tire change if you dont do it yourself, Motorcycles Unlimited is probably one of your best bets.

dont get me wrong I DO all of my own work now but if i had to trust some one it ould be Pat
This came to my mind as well, but it's highly unlikely. Rudy seems to know his way around bikes pretty well from what I've seen. I would believe re-use of the gasket as a possibility, but definitely not lifting from the oil pan for a tire change.
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:

am i hearing this right?

You missed a part...
Quote:
i took off down spancer and made it about 1/2 a mile and heard a tick like a rock hit my header. then some guy yelled at me saying i was leaking.
Sound and the timing of someone flagging him... hit a sharp rock, or a piece of metal the right way and while unlikely, not impossible for it to have punctured the pan... and if we consider
Quote:
but there is a dent around the hole
Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #24
Osiris102406
Osiris

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

i see what you mean just very nereve wrecking with my large dis-trust in the service industry
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Quote:
i see what you mean just very nereve wrecking with my large dis-trust in the service industry
I'm with you man. I always feel like I'm betting on either their technical knowledge and skill or my conscientiousness and diligence when it comes to my equipment.
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #26
ely2000

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

I'm not saying they put the hole in the pan just saying that they said it would not leak any more with all the work he said he did.I spent way too much money on this and could of had pat my first chose do it for less and done it right. I guess I'm kinda at my self for trusting someone to do a good job on my bike. If I had a truck to take it too Motorcycles Unlimited I would have.
ely2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

So is it a new oil pan? Or did they repair the original pan? Can u take pics from where it's leaking?

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #28
ely2000

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

they just repaired it witch is fine if they would of replaced gasket in the first place like i asked. its leaking from where the gasket is in the front on brake pedeal side.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #29
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

I have been using Two Wheel Toys for a couple of years now & have had no regrets on taking my bike there.
They will see that the job gets done for sure.
I had one guy work on my bike after hours because he did not want to do a rush shabby job & I appreciate that.
Hope you bike is up & running well without leaks now.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #30
Speedy179

So my buddy told just me about your deal.
He said you paid right around $600.00 to have replace your damaged oil pan and all they did was jb weld your oil pan? Is that true?
If so, you got . Did they ever make it right?
Speedy179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #31
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

I had a negative experience there as well a while back, wont go back. I don't really want to go into details and what not, but I will only take my to Motorcycles Unlimited. I've visited a few other shops, and none of them can compare. If it's not something that me and the fellas can do, I just suck it up and make that long drive.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #32
ely2000

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy179 View Post
So my buddy told just me about your deal.
He said you paid right around $600.00 to have replace your damaged oil pan and all they did was jb weld your oil pan? Is that true?
If so, you got . Did they ever make it right?
yes i payed way too much on this and the thing is i know. I dont have a truck to take my bike home when it broke just 1/2 a mile from 2 wheel toyz. they have always taken great care of me so i thought i would give them a shot at doing so. befor i picked it up i had a talk with pat at Motorcycles Unlimited. I after the first time i picked it up it leaked all over my bike. i took it back it was leaking around the oil pan. i had my work hardness test it and the weld was weak in two spots, so i had my coworker fix it and now im happy that it wont leak but i redid every thing they did. all my work has always been done at Motorcycles Unlimited.

how did you talk too?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #33
Speedy179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ely2000 View Post
yes i payed way too much on this and the thing is i know. I dont have a truck to take my bike home when it broke just 1/2 a mile from 2 wheel toyz. they have always taken great care of me so i thought i would give them a shot at doing so. befor i picked it up i had a talk with pat at Motorcycles Unlimited. I after the first time i picked it up it leaked all over my bike. i took it back it was leaking around the oil pan. i had my work hardness test it and the weld was weak in two spots, so i had my coworker fix it and now im happy that it wont leak but i redid every thing they did. all my work has always been done at Motorcycles Unlimited.

how did you talk too?
I talked to a guy I met riding.
I think he said his name is Greg. I was asking if he knew any good shops becuase I had got by the assclowns at 2 Wheeled Toyz. He told me about your problem and a couple of others he had heard about from over there. It's you had to fix it yourself after you paid them so much money.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

wow man, i would of came and picked u and bike up for a quarter of that price and u bought a new pan and installed and all for way less!!!! i cant believe u paid that much just to have them repair it and not replace it if thats what im reading right.....

i am pretty sure motorcycles unlimited would of picked it up as well and replace it for less......

and plus a weld can leak, just saying, oil will find a way out if its not 100% truely welded, jbwel will leak if its on it and plus could crack off into the oil and get sucked in the pump and cause a big problem......
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #35
ely2000

Bike(s):
2014 ducati monster 1200
ninja 650r
zx6r

ya Greg is a friend of mine hes good guy.

ya i try to do right and give people a chance to do whats right, but i it seems every time i do that i get f ed over. so i will never give them my money for any thing and will never send them customers. ya Motorcycles Unlimited said around 425 or so with new pan and work. i like Motorcycles Unlimited they are willing to tell you what happend to your bike, how it got that way and what to do to provent it. if they would pick it up that would of changed my mind right away. But you live and learn not to trust some people.

the weld is done right now with all the testing on it i did. I work at a machine shop and we make parts for high pressure and high temp oil feild parts.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #36
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

+1 JB should not be a permanent fix especially coming from a motorcycle shop! I won't bad mouth them on a public forum so I'll leave it as that.

U should of asked for help on here man!! As soon as u started questioning how the hole got there u should of posted up for a ride. There are plenty of ppl on here including me who would if picked u and your bike up. I would of offered to help u fix it right with new parts. What I'm trying to say is don't underestimate the Motohouston family!! Someone always pulls thru for ya

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #37
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

wow
i have never been to 2 wheel toys. isnt it like 5 minutes from 1960?
im glad you got your problem fixed. that sounds like some total bullshit though.
it really takes a lot to me off and really get me aggravated, but while reading this thread i could sympathize with a couple of points and really understood the situation you were in. if i were you, i would do what i could to get the $600 back. call the BBB on them or something if they wont work something out with you. heh, avoid free service to your bike, like someone else had mentioned.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #38
zx_kid
Live to Ride

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
What I'm trying to say is don't underestimate the Motohouston family!! Someone always pulls thru for ya
zx_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #39
Speedy179

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
wow
i have never been to 2 wheel toys. isnt it like 5 minutes from 1960?
im glad you got your problem fixed. that sounds like some total bullshit though.
it really takes a lot to me off and really get me aggravated, but while reading this thread i could sympathize with a couple of points and really understood the situation you were in. if i were you, i would do what i could to get the $600 back. call the BBB on them or something if they wont work something out with you. heh, avoid free service to your bike, like someone else had mentioned.
South side on Spencer. BBB won't do .
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #40
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
sorry to hear about that....arent they site sponsors?
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement