MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
ecclissiass

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 (stolen)
2005 Honda CBR600RR (traded)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (wrecked)
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ducati Diavel (dream bike #2)

Member Garage

Just an idea...

Bike bait...

Yeah yeah yeah, its been thought of before, but why cant this be truly be implemented. Think if it as target practice. We have to show these crooks we are a force not to be taken lightly. I am hearing more and more of these bikes being stolen and since I have fallen a victim to there ways I am all for the "rub out". And I am not just venting. The cops can only do so much... Why should the insurance companies have to pay for there evil deeds. Thatís like saying its ok for the criminals to do it.

Constructive criticism allowed...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If they at least don't like the idea, maybe this isn't such a bad idea myla296 Off Topic 5 06-23-2013 03:52 PM
what is this anyone have a idea??? paniro187 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-30-2007 12:55 AM
ANY IDEA broozbro Forum Updates & Feedback 1 10-06-2006 09:18 AM
has anyone had this idea??? psycobusa Off Topic 9 07-09-2006 10:55 AM
Idea ! Lobo Forum Updates & Feedback 4 02-06-2006 08:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

i have offered and i'll offer again. i will use my bike as bait, and where i live is perfect, right on the side of strawberry, if my garage door is open everybody on that road can see the bike. i just wouldn't want to be the only one sitting there waiting for it to get stolen, and i don't have video gear, which would be a must. we'd have to make a ligit citizens arrest so the police can question the individual to find the source. these guys don't steal bikes just to go for a ride, they plan on taking it somewhere.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
ecclissiass

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 (stolen)
2005 Honda CBR600RR (traded)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (wrecked)
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ducati Diavel (dream bike #2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
i have offered and i'll offer again. i will use my bike as bait, and where i live is perfect, right on the side of strawberry, if my garage door is open everybody on that road can see the bike. i just wouldn't want to be the only one sitting there waiting for it to get stolen, and i don't have video gear, which would be a must. we'd have to make a ligit citizens arrest so the police can question the individual to find the source. these guys don't steal bikes just to go for a ride, they plan on taking it somewhere.
If we can pull our resources together this is something that is doable. I can invest whatever financial resources I have avaiable to assist in this matter. I plan on getting another bike soon and want to rest easier knowing that someone(s) have taken a consciecnce effort to rid the streets of these vermin. I for one am all for it. Just as long as we act within our legal rights as property owners protecting there property. My mother is an attorney an I am sure we could work out the details on what those rights are. My hope is not to get anyone in trouble i.e. (your actions resulting in death or injury of said perp.) I am only interested in the successful recovery of the vehicle and the whereabouts and others responsible for its theft.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

The Castle doctrine should protect you in the confines of your own garage, and even your yard, but there is going to need to be a substantial amount of evidence to indicate the piece of trash is actually trying to steal it.

Now, the only reason I bring up the Castle Doctrine is because I would love to see what a 40 caliber would do to one of these pieces of .

I wouldn't mind confronting the theif with a machette while he's pulling in the clutch lever, just so I could watch him bleed out after I cut off his hands.

Sorry rant over, I just hate piece of thieves.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Wow my apartment is fully gated only two entrance and my bike was stolen within 2 days so obviously these guys do not plan carefully and they have to live in the complex third stolen bike in two months, pay $1050 a month you think my bike would be fine.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

So, would it be against the law to use your bike as bait in your own garage for the sole purpose of waiting until someone tries to steal it so you can shoot them? I mean, i'm sure the court would find some kind of charge for that if you readily admit to doing that right?

That's what i would call pest control..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
flamablanca
Banned

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gixxa 1K

User is banned

flamablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
triumphant675r

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by badseed View Post
Ive been wondering more about how to make a bike ALOT tuffer to steal. Maybe some serious chain?

http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/chain/security_maxx.htm

or getting some square steal tubing and making something that goes through both rims and that you can lock to a fixed object. I dont weld but seems pretty easy to do?

Seems slike there would be a great market.

Ive been thinking about this since the 70 dollar bike lock i bought at cycle gear fell apart in my hands when unlocking it WTF.....

reminds me of peewee's bike lock not sure if pick or link will work?

http://www.orangecoat.com/files/imag...ike-locked.jpg

lock or no lock it only takes two guys with two poles, put the poles through the wheels and lift into truck.

and as much as i'd like to shoot one you could run into conspiracy to commit murder if you bait the bike just to shoot somebody, plus if he's dead he can't lead you to the chop shop. if there wasn't chop shops paying for stolen bikes, there would be almost no reason to steal a bike in the first place
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

i support pest control
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
lock or no lock it only takes two guys with two poles, put the poles through the wheels and lift into truck.

and as much as i'd like to shoot one you could run into conspiracy to commit murder if you bait the bike just to shoot somebody, plus if he's dead he can't lead you to the chop shop. if there wasn't chop shops paying for stolen bikes, there would be almost no reason to steal a bike in the first place
It's only conspiracy to commit muder if that was your intention. If you planned a murder requiring fore thought, that's conspiracy.

Now if you leave your garage door open and walk out with a sig and just so happen to stubmle upon some jack trying to jack your . It's a different story.

Remember it's not baiting or entrapment with intent to commit murder, no one is making him enter your dwelling and attempt to burglarize and or steal.

I'd say light his up.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

im pretty sure this is not legal......
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #12
thenewguy
yaymayhay

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2002 R6

Member Garage

But........ you could shoot the in the leg then pistol whip em unconcious till the cops get there

Just blame it on the economy.......
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #13
Johnsonzx6n'it

Bike(s):
08 ZX6R

no if your gonna shoot um kill um. . . . let all the bike thiefs out there know that your serious and they will be the next dead victim if they keep trying to steal bikes. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to get some anger out!! I might do that this weekend. . . Just bought a new pistol!!
Johnsonzx6n'it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatram View Post
It's only conspiracy to commit muder if that was your intention. If you planned a murder requiring fore thought, that's conspiracy.

Now if you leave your garage door open and walk out with a sig and just so happen to stubmle upon some jack trying to jack your . It's a different story.

Remember it's not baiting or entrapment with intent to commit murder, no one is making him enter your dwelling and attempt to burglarize and or steal.

I'd say light his up.
This post alone would land you in front a grand jury if you shot someone under this scheme. See ya in about thirty years

"The only thing in life that can't be taken away from you is your integrity. You have to give it away"
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

Your bike will basically become a bait bike if you put lo-jack on it.
The more lo-jacks out there the better.
Granted its about an 800 to 900 capital cost, But you might just get more than that value back that in piece of mind. And find these thiefs too.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #16
anatram
I love nekkid midgets

Bike(s):
07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
This post alone would land you in front a grand jury if you shot someone under this scheme. See ya in about thirty years
How so please enlighten me?

I have the right to protect my personal property, if I leave my garage door open with a million bucks sitting in the middle of the floor its my property, and I have the right to defend it.

My neighbors know I carry, everyone I work with knows I carry. Pretty much everyone I know, and who knows me well knows I will do what ever I have to, to protect the property and items I have worked hard to acquire.

Stating openly on an internet forum that I will use any means necessary including deadly force to protect my personal items on my property, does not constitute conspiracy to commit murder, and will get tossed out of a grand jury.

The castle doctrine protects people in this exact instance.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #17
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

How wrong you are.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
NgaWhat

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

would it be illegal to set up a booby trap on the bike?

cuz its different in a car, doors lock, engine shuts down....on a bike they just jump off and run
NgaWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #19
flamablanca
Banned

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gixxa 1K

User is banned

flamablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
urbanXJ