MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

First "pucker" moment not caused by other drivers

Well this weekend I went to La Grange. On the way home, I left at 6:30AM. Because there was plenty of dew on the ground I was taking it easy. On this map I was going into the first of two sweepers that I normally do about 75mph through (really nothing extreme, just my comfort zone) at about 55 as I was in the apex of the first turn I felt both tires slip, the bike wobbled as it raised up then laid back into the turn. I don't think I ever let off the throttle, nor did I take my eye off the exit point so I don't know what I hit. I'm thinking wet spot, oil, or a combination. I did ease through the second sweeper then stop to make sure I didn't have low tire pressure.

My question is, when you feel your bike slip like that, was steady throttle and hanging into the turn the right answer? I know it worked, but I'm sure this won't be the last time I experience this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	38422  
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your, " I'm Gonna Die Moment?" anatram Off Topic 40 07-03-2015 04:02 AM
Another CL "WTF" moment, brought to you by HCS. hotcknstrips Off Topic 21 05-18-2012 05:30 PM
Post your "Pucker Moments" Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 10-13-2010 07:19 PM
Talk about a "whoa, mabye i should stfu" moment dotcom Off Topic 7 12-08-2005 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
chop the throttle hard core next time. are you one hundred percent you were steady on the throttle to begin with? i used to think i was but i found out deep into turns at TWS (Texas World Speedway) that was not the case

many thanks to the instructors at TTD (yes I went there) and Ride Smart for teaching me easy on the throttle and easy off is the way to go.
You could be right. I felt like I stayed steady with the throttle. I know my concentration was keeping the bike turning. But thanks for the tips. One of these days I will make it out to get more training myself.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Had the same happen to me mid turn (tight turn)on Lime Creek. My front stepped out farther than the rear. It upset the the bike bad. I still somehow made the turn on a stretched and lowered busa. I had to pull over for a min. after that.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

steady, or SMOOTHLY back off a little.

I had 2 good puckers. Both on 3090. One was dropping a gear too far and locking the rear up at 90 on entrance. Stood the bike up and went offroading at about 60. Didnt go down, rode back on the road at 30 or so.

The second was rolling on at the apex around 130 and the back end stepped out. I'm glad the of the 954 with the Ohlins was progressive when it lost grip. Still had to change undies after that one!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic....chopping the throttle when your rear is slipping is almost a guarantee to highside.
I took it as sarcasm as he went to say easy on and off.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
cwest22

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
92 cbr f2 fighter (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I am Dead serious. Chop like dj skrew
lol
cwest22 is offline   Reply With Quote