MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
setfast

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX6R

Melandri To Yamaha World Superbike

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rld-superbike/
setfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha adopts Ohlins active suspension for Donnington World Superbike race jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 9 09-06-2008 11:33 AM
FIM world superbike witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-05-2008 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Reformed Squid

Good for Melandri, but how the F did Crutchblow get the Tech 3 ride? He's barely ahead of Haga in the points and we know what kind of t season he's having. Must have animal pics of someone at Yamaha.

Sorry for bashing your countryman, Grinchy.
Reformed Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Squid View Post
Good for Melandri, but how the F did Crutchblow get the Tech 3 ride? He's barely ahead of Haga in the points and we know what kind of t season he's having. Must have animal pics of someone at Yamaha.

Sorry for bashing your countryman, Grinchy.
no offence taken

I think it's a classic right place at the right time event,
there's no question he's a talented rider and he rides for Yamaha and he's sponsored by Monster energy drink!!
he gave Yamaha there WSS championship after nearly a decade of Honda domination!!
He's young, supremely confident in his own ability and blindingly fast over one lap (see his qualifying results!)
Is it enough? they think so
Would I have made the same choice in Poncharal's position? NO!!
I would have chosen Laverty or Rea before Cal! seriously I would
Nothing against Cal, I've met him a couple of times and he's very amiable but the other two are very special IMO.

Who else would you consider is perhaps another way to look at it.
Elias has been amazing in Moto2 but he's had his chances in MotoGP, same with Biaggi in WSBK.
Innone (spelling) is special but not really done enough yet.
Haslam from WSBK, probably as deserving as anyone out there.
Fabrizio, no

Back to Melandri,
I expected so much more from him this year after the way he put that Kawahayata thing up there last year, been the under achiever so far.
If he gels with the R1, he'll be right up there
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Oh, and I'd have put Lascorz on the bike
Old 09-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
Reformed Squid

I would of went with Rae before Cal. Plus, just think how amazingly spectacular his wrecks would be with the corner speed of the GP bikes. Personally, I would have liked to see DePuniet get off that ill handling Honda and onto a Tech 3 bike. I never payed much attention to him, but after watching him over ride that Honda, I'd love to see him on a machine with proper handling.

On a side note, it was great to see Nori back on top Sunday. Typical Haga, blow one race and win the next. Be curious to see where he lands next year. Everyone seems to think he's washed up, but this will be the first year in the past 8 that he could finish out of the top 5 and you have to go back all the way to somewhere around 97 to see him not finish in the top 10.
Reformed Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Jonathan may still be a lil too wild for MotoGP... I can see them going with Crutchlow cause he seems a bit more mature and experienced on the track. While they are both extremely awesome riders, Cal just seems to be a little more responsible on the bike. Less $$$ for dumping a GP bike, lol
Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
I'm concerned that Crutchlow is not enough of a development-type rider to be a good choice at this moment. All I can hope is that the factory shares a lot of data with the Tech3 team.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Jonathan may still be a lil too wild for MotoGP... I can see them going with Crutchlow cause he seems a bit more mature and experienced on the track. While they are both extremely awesome riders, Cal just seems to be a little more responsible on the bike. Less $$$ for dumping a GP bike, lol
I gotta disagree but I understand your thinking
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I'm concerned that Crutchlow is not enough of a development-type rider to be a good choice at this moment. All I can hope is that the factory shares a lot of data with the Tech3 team.
Development is spearheaded by the full factory guys, next year the input will come primarily from Jlo and Spies,
Tech3 rides the hand me downs so to speak

Advertisement