MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

update

Quote:
The prosecutor of Rimini has reportedly launched an investigation into the death of Shoya Tomizawa following the Moto2 Grand Prix at Misano.

According to the Italian ANSA news agency, Paolo Giovagnoli will begin an inquest into the 19-year-old's tragic death in a move that could also see criminal charges being brought.

Tomizawa crashed on lap 12 of the race into the path of Alex de Angelis and Scott Redding, but the race was not stopped as track marshals swiftly stretchered him off the circuit.

However, Tomizawa was then accidentally dropped by a marshal when they stumbled whilst carrying through the gravel.

With an impending autopsy set to reveal exactly what contributed to his death, ANSA says Giovagnoli is considering bringing charges to individuals that are yet to be identified.

The news comes after MotoGP officials defended the decision not to stop the race to allow Tomizawa to receive treatment at the track, claiming they were better equipped to deal with his serious injuries behind the scenes.
http://crash.net/motogp/news/163063/...awa_death.html

Now that's messed up
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i need help in motivating a friend/ can it be cafe racer time? loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-01-2008 01:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #22
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #23
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Just read this on V.D. website... Thats very messed up. They might want to have better medics on sight for these events at turns instead of one medics ambulance at the padock. Also stop the race if the rider cant get up on his own power and walk of the track
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #24
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

wow tragic, rip.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #25
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Misano Moto2 Fatal Crash: Redding Report

e13e1dfb 3dcf 4ab5 bbdb ee1fbb2d807c
Quote:
Moto2 Fatal Crash Update

One of the other riders involved in the Moto2 fatal crash at Misano that claimed the life of Japan's Shoya Tomizawa escaped serious injuries.

Scott Redding, 17, of Gloucestershire, Britain, first struck Tomizawa, and then was thrown over 100 meters down one of the fastest sections of Misano where the accident occurred, a straight where riders hit over 140 mph.

The Marc VDS Racing Team rider Redding needed lengthy treatment at Misano's medical center, and first feared a broken pelvis from the motorcycle crash. Redding escaped with stitches to a gash on his lower back, but his biggest pain came from learning of Tomizawa's death.

Redding's father, Adrian, told Gloucestershire media that his son doesn't know if he will return to racing due to the horrific fatality. Adrian told the media "it is early" and "we'll have to wait and see" the decision of Scott, who was called Gloucestershire's answer to Valentino Rossi.

Also commenting was the Marc VDS Racing Team boss, Marc Van der Straten.

Marc Van der Straten says: "Scott's crash was a big one, so we are thankful that the only injury he sustained was a minor laceration on his back. We were deeply saddened by the news that Shoya Tomizawa succumbed to the injuries sustained in a crash during the Moto2 race."

"He was a respected rival and will be sorely missed in the paddock. Like everyoe in the Marc VDS Racing Team, my thoughts are with his family and friends at this time."

The fatal motorcycle crash occurred with Tomizawa lost control of his Suter MMX Moto2 bike on lap 12. He went down, and was first struck by Alex de Angelis, then Redding. The FIM says both Redding and de Angelis had no chance to take evasive action to miss Tomizawa considering the speeds the riders were traveling.

Tomizawa later died in a Riccione Hospital as a result of sever head, chest and abdominal trauma
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

What a total bummer. After watching Shoya win the inaugural Moto2 race I was convinced he'd be Moto2 champ in 2010. RIP
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #27
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Cant blame the guy if he doesnt race again. Pretty shocking thing to hit someone. I have run someone over before and it can be traumatic.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
MiniBusa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ninja 250
cbr

rip
MiniBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #29
SpeedRat
Ton up!

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Speed Triple
'86 Honda V65 Magna
'72 BMW R60/5 Cafe Racer

This is really sad, this just shows how brave these young men are when they push their bikes and lives to the limit. As a kid I thought these guys were invincible, it's a shame when you realize they're not. RIP!
SpeedRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement