Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Originally Posted by JonEric0430 View Post
Put a jack under the exhaust mid pipe

Originally Posted by JonEric0430 View Post
Put the jack under the exhaust then tie the rear pegs to the garage rail for balance. The garage should have about 2 ft left on the rails with the door all the way open.

fail + fail
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WAS THAT A KICK or just holding him off Bounce305 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 02-23-2012 07:50 PM
Holding Power Wheelie Dreamer!! Stunters Lounge 24 12-08-2008 02:58 PM
What's holding the black/red man down? AliceInChains02 The Circus 16 10-23-2008 08:14 AM
Holding Wheelies on 250 Dreamer!! Stunters Lounge 24 06-18-2008 09:59 AM
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
Feedback Rating: (2)

If you still have your swing arm on the bike... I put a wooded stick through the swing arm just like the axel, then jack stands on outside to hold it up.

Not sure what to tell you on the front but to just remove the wheel (lift with floor jack, tilt on the side stand) remove. then I just rest the forks on the ground on a matting of some sort. not the best idea but works in a pinch.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
the slow and the retarded
Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post

fail + fail
I have changed out a couple of swing arms this way with no issues. The front was supported with a pit bull stand under the forks, had the jack under the mid pipe to hold the rear up, tied it off to the garage rails to keep her balanced. She stood up like a champ.
JonEric0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #24
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

2001 hayabusa drippin tha kandy blue paint makin stains in tha lanes

Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
Ok so I'm getting ready to have the wheels and swingarm pc'd by Tim, but lost as to how to hold up the bike after I pull the swing arm off. Need some input on what to do
hey bro i just bought the tool to remove the bearings out the wheels and swingarm, its too sweet, i was done in less than 30 minutes.. If you need help with yours just holla, I got the kit at harbor freight for 40.. I feel accomplished today,cuz from what i read most people damaged theirs gettin em out and had to buy new ones....
Jesus is the way
braingetter is offline   Reply With Quote