Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

drug thread

okay, so this part of the forum is dead. drugs aren't purely political, but there's just as much politics involved with them as most things. i know there are people of different stances on this subject so i think it would be a good thing to discuss. and before you go demonizing, do some research and don't make vague stereotypical statements. and please no sobstories.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappearing Thread --already another thread gsxr_firerider Off Topic 42 07-03-2010 07:17 PM
Failed Drug War U.S. #1 in Drug Usage in the World. tkblank Off Topic 36 07-08-2008 12:05 PM
drug theory..... houseofpaint Off Topic 33 03-27-2008 12:06 PM
Drug smuggling. Greenway Smokey General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-09-2006 11:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
Kinny
AONNOG

Bike(s):
None

Send a message via AIM to Kinny
Not my thing, but if that's what you like to do, then more power to you as long as you don't hurt anyone in the process of doing it.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
How 'bout you present your research to bolster your argument?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

i think it's all about self control and moderation. If you can do your thing and not effect others by it then by all means, do what you do. But when you let addiction take over and families and children are destroyed then it's a diff story

Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
R.J.
Flyer Than Superman

Bike(s):
Gixxer like everyone & their mom

Send a message via AIM to R.J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny
Not my thing, but if that's what you like to do, then more power to you as long as you don't hurt anyone in the process of doing it.
I Agree.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I think it is all about the goverment not deciding what I should and should not do. Therefore, I am all for the revision of our current laws for drugs and victomless crimes.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i could fill this thread up with various injustices as far as drug law, etc pertain, but i want someone to say something stupid first. like 1 dose of x can give you parkinson's (based on faulty research funded by the government-"accidentally" used meth (10 times more neurotoxic) instead of x in research)
Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i could fill this thread up with various injustices as far as drug law, etc pertain, but i want someone to say something stupid first. like 1 dose of x can give you parkinson's (based on faulty research funded by the government-"accidentally" used meth (10 times more neurotoxic) instead of x in research)

Yeah.. I figured that's what you were going for. Nothing of substance... just an easy way to get some personal attention by starting a fight. :eh:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #9
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
Most information people use for negative publicity for drugs is pure fictional propaganda. If they looked a little deeper with a broader scope of research for there information they would probably find startling results. that is why it is burried so deep. Such as the research done in Canada with marijuana and how it actually stimulates brain cell activity and growth.

A little test from the words of Bill Hicks....

You are at a game (any game of your choice...) ..... The that is yelling and being obnoxious... Is he drunk or stoned?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
Vail's04R6

Bike(s):
04 yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Vail's04R6 Send a message via Yahoo to Vail's04R6
ive done x before and im never doin that ever again.....
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #11
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
Anybody know where i can buys some right now.. kinda low.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #12
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

lol i'm sure alice has plenty

Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #13
Vail's04R6

Bike(s):
04 yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Vail's04R6 Send a message via Yahoo to Vail's04R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkie
lol i'm sure alice has plenty
+1
Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I'll speak up. I confess. . .i smoke pot. not daily, but when i feel like it. I feel it is safer than alcohol, and i think it should be decriminalized. Boostjunkie hit the nail on the head with the word moderation, and Moody seems like my kind of guy by quoting Bill Hicks(kick comedian BTW!!!) Recreational use and abuse are two totally different words. I could go on and on about why i think alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana, but most of you could probably care less. I do like this thread though, let's keep it relatively clean and mature please.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #15
TxVrod

Applause to those of you who can take any drug in moderation. There is, however, more out there who cannot than can, thus the laws should remain in place. It's only your opinion that marijuana is safer than alcohol - although, it may be true. There have been fatality accidents as there have been with alcohol where marijuana was shown to be the contributor.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #16
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
I'll speak up. I confess. . .i smoke pot. not daily, but when i feel like it. I feel it is safer than alcohol, and i think it should be decriminalized. Boostjunkie hit the nail on the head with the word moderation, and Moody seems like my kind of guy by quoting Bill Hicks(kick comedian BTW!!!) Recreational use and abuse are two totally different words. I could go on and on about why i think alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana, but most of you could probably care less. I do like this thread though, let's keep it relatively clean and mature please.
Bill Hicks and Hunter S. Thompson, American Heros that have left us far to early!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #17
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

everyone reacts differently to it...

Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
TxVrod

^^Yet another argument FOR laws
Old 07-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Applause to those of you who can take any drug in moderation. There is, however, more out there who cannot than can, thus the laws should remain in place. It's only your opinion that marijuana is safer than alcohol - although, it may be true. There have been fatality accidents as there have been with alcohol where marijuana was shown to be the contributor.
Driving while intoxicated is illegal by any means of substance but, to criminalize individuals who are sick and can not controll there habits is not a criminal act. Alcohol is legal and there are plenty of alcoholics and drunk drivers. It does not make sense! Why are some drugs labeled as schedule 1? Because they open your mind to how the goverment is you on a daily basis and open minded people are dangerous to those who seek control!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod

So then alchohol should be illegal as well, right? :icon_bigg
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Closed Thread

Advertisement