MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
NeedySV

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

Amsoil Oil Filter

Hey all,

I have been running AMSOIL oil in my bike for a while now so I decided to swith over to one of their oil filters as well. I used their search engine and it gave me a Oil filter with a part number of EAOM109, but as I compare it to the Suzuki filter that I have on their now it looks a 1/8" too small. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with their oil filters on a suzuki sv1000s or similiar bike that uses the same oil filter. I plan on changing the oil filter tomorrow anyway, but I would rather not have to run down to the local dealer to pick up a filter after I find out the AMSOIL filter I have is the wrong fit right in the middle of the oil change. I'm hoping they just have their O-Ring further out on the filter and thats why I'm seeing a size difference, but I just wanted to pick the brains of some folks that might know. Thanks in advance.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to procure oil/oil filter? Smart Shark General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 02-13-2012 01:13 PM
New 7/8/09 AMSOIL Motorcycle Oil White Paper Tim Vipond General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-09-2009 01:24 PM
Getting this oil filter off... Bigmarky General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 04-28-2008 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
PropHead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha wr 250
BMW1150 GS
Yamaha tt 90
Suzuki GSXR 600

I changed out my oil filter on my Bmw 1150 Gs & it too was smaller than oem but fits in the slot for the original filter; but more importantly the threads were the right fit. So I think it would be safe to gamble on the filter fitting your SV. The reason the filters are smaller I believe, is that they are of a much higher quality media resulting in the need for a smaller size.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
htownballa

yeah..filters are different shapes and sizes. I switched from fram to wix...to amsoil filters in my car...All different sizes, but all fit.

If amsoil recommends it for your bike, it should fit.
htownballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
iDreaM

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
13 636

What htown said.. all filters are different sizes n what not depending on the brand.. should be good. one way to find out for sure without draining your oil, is to go ahead and change the filter first if you want..
iDreaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
NeedySV

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

Thanks for the input guys. I'm confident it will fit. I'm going out to change the oil/filter right now.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote