Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 05:12 AM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back of the truck at about 120mph. CUZ Off Topic 37 09-21-2012 11:29 AM
Best way to strap a bike down, in the back of my truck ? eddiechacon General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-16-2011 10:39 PM
Monster Truck doing a back flip[video] gsxrjai Off Topic 2 05-10-2010 02:16 PM
monster truck back flip ( on purpose ) bentgixxer Off Topic 3 05-11-2009 03:54 PM
$10k Reward for Stolen Bikes/Truck ArturoC Taking it to the Track 14 09-29-2006 03:49 PM
Old 07-20-2006, 06:13 AM   #22
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I've hauled my bikes / our racebikes in gear all over the country for the last 29 years. Never have damaged a transmission by doing do. If you're not preloading the shift lever there's no force being exerted on the shift forks, and the clutch sees's more load on a downshift at speed than it will ever see sitting in a truck.
I'd definitely recommend good quality straps that won't come loose.
A Cycle Cinch is nice, but not abosolutely necessary.
I've always loaded both bikes facing front in a pickup, usually with a 2" x 12" between the bed and the front wheel. If I have a strap lightly touching body work I'll zip tie a towel around the strap to protect the bike.
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #23
Feedback Rating: (0)

I've used a Canyon Dancer with my former bike with slight damage to the grip, but I attribute that to the angle and to my overzealous ratcheting of the straps. There have been no issues using the CD with my current bike. I do have to say that using just "soft straps" would be just as effective as using the CD without 20% of the additional cost.

3D02 is offline   Reply With Quote