MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #21
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

i'm glad someone is taking a stand in what they believe in and n ot talking bs and complaining about it... kudos bro and good luck in your endeavor
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
loud pipes bro Pauly General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-28-2014 01:58 PM
Loud pipes and harassment? Doug Cruisers Lounge 78 06-20-2013 04:45 PM
Loud pipes FTW! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 12-05-2007 10:28 PM
Loud pipes and their message ScooterTrash Off Topic 24 03-24-2006 12:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
johno

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
2007 Harley Dyna

But if the motorcycle community helps in the revamp of the law then it could work a lot better than the present one. Look there is only one Cop around here writting tickets and I know with other laws we have helped to write we can do the same with this one. There is also a local COC meeting this Saturday at Palmer's Icehouse off I10 & Wayside come out to it. 1pm. bike clubs from all over Houston will be there.
W. Houston Chapter
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
But if the motorcycle community helps in the revamp of the law then it could work a lot better than the present one. Look there is only one Cop around here writting tickets and I know with other laws we have helped to write we can do the same with this one. There is also a local COC meeting this Saturday at Palmer's Icehouse off I10 & Wayside come out to it. 1pm. bike clubs from all over Houston will be there.
It's a double edged sword. Bringing attention to it could bring about "concerned citizens" and law enforcement to express their concerns about it as well. Making the law go the other way and decreasing the acceptable decibel level. About 10 years ago I was living in Muncie, IN and we all got together to get the city to build a skatepark. Raised a bunch of money and got city council to approve funding the rest. It was a pretty good park when done, but as soon as it was done it became illegal to skate pretty much anywhere in the city and the cops started busting our . Couldn't even skate to work anymore. I'm just saying it could bring about unintended consequences.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #24
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340HIGH View Post
If you read it section 30-4 is knid of vague leaving it to discretion

30-5 reverts back to 30-2 and 30-2 defines the decibles.

<>
Sec. 30-4. Noisy vehicles generally.

The use of any automobile, motorcycle, or other vehicle so out of repair, so loaded, or in such a manner so as to create loud and unreasonable grating, grinding, rattling or any other loud and unreasonable sound is hereby prohibited and declared to be unlawful.

(Ord. No. 93-77, ß 2, 1-20-93)

Sec. 30-5. Amplified sound from motor vehicle.

The production or reproduction of sound from amplification equipment contained in or mounted on a motor vehicle that produces sound in excess of the limits set forth in section 30-2, when measured at or near fifteen (15) feet from the nearest external point on the vehicle, is hereby prohibited and declared to be unlawful as a sound nuisance in violation of this chapter, except as permitted by section 30-9.
Maybe I'm wrong, but 30-4 sounds like anything from negligence from upkeep. But what does so loaded mean.. If I carry a ton of bricks in a Ford Pinto. Is that SO LOADED?

30-5. Amplified... I guess this is a catch all though.. Although what part is describing what amplified mean? If I had straight pipes, that wouldn't be 'amplified' because that's what is naturally from the motor. So if anything, most thinks 'MUFFLE" the sound.. Hmmmm. And being Amplifies, brings me to wonder about the idiots that place a external horn on their car like I want to hear what they are listening too. I mean if you have speakers and I hear it.. that's one thing.. but an external horn under your front bumper?... as I digressed.. my bad.. But yea.. 'Amplified'....

To me I guess it's just harassment. I agree, while the law is vague, it's easier to beat, but this partition being signed, and look at all the clubs and such in town and see who has the lobbyist and so fourth would probably have it better written.

Now this officer that took his time to come show us a piece of paper to inform myself and another gentleman the new law stated that it said that basically they were suppose to be looking for some certain certification of the exhaust. Meaning most main brands already adhere to this but the off brands don't. Like he looked at me and I told him I had stock pipes... for now and he looked at the other bussa and the other guy said that it was a muzzy after the officer asked if it was a yoshi. He stated those shouldn't have no problems. I can't seem to find that paper..

Major point being though, they may be coming after bikes on more than one angle. Sound has always been easy to beat even with stereos, unless there's an actual recored, civilian complaint. Officers will use it as a reason to pull you over.. But most times if that's ALL they find, they will let you go with a 'warning'...Well that's been my experience.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #25
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

I was crank the throttle when passing by that water hole.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #26
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
I wish yall the best of luck with this and on the surface it seems like its a good idea. I just really hope and pray that yall dont turn ONE cop into a thousand. odds of getting hit by one lone ranger are a lot less than when thhe whole force is told to inforce said new law.
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #27
freakshow23

I'm having issues with a particular officer on highways 6 and westheimer he's pulled me over once a week the past 2 weeks and it's really frustrating that i can't ride without having to worry about minor B.S... I ride the speed limit and follow all rules and the only thing i get bothered about is my exhaust by this one cop......
freakshow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #28
Eric6R

Experience: 4-8 months

Ya I try to avoid that area all together since last time this was going on. officer holtclaw (or something like that) don't like noise!!!
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

officer bearclaw? isnt that like an apple fritter?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #30
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

good luck guys!

last time i got pulled over it was for speeding and no tags.
but never..(knock on wood) been pulled over for been toooooooo loud, not like the cool guys on the big bussa that stop by PP1 or ASI that comes in raving the out their bikes...(their is too loud) but ether way good luck with this.

ps: i usually get pulled over for speeding or reckless driving....lolol (only if they catch me)
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #31
PantyDropper
The O'rigiNAL

Bike(s):
'08 HD Rocker
'01 Honda Shadow Spirit (sold)
'89 Honda Magna (totalled)
'74 Honda XL 70 (sold)
'69 Marz Big Wheel (wore out)

Member Garage

All i can say is them...ever since i have my LOUD after market pipes NOBODY has pulled over on me...cuz they hear me before they see me.....
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #32
freakshow23

Same cop again today rolled up on me every friday or saturday for the past 3 weesk now..... This is bullshit..... YEP officer R. Holtsclaw.......
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #33
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

You should read his thread the officer made a appearance here.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #34
freakshow23

Really do you know what the thread is named?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #35
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow23 View Post
Really do you know what the thread is named?
Thread: Psycho cop Holstclaw
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=139622

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #36
daveooc

officer holstclaw

he is not just getting bikes with aftermarket pipes,,,he has also gotten people with stock pipes. as of the first of august he is also messing with the people in corvettes of houston.
he is within his rights.
but we have rights to. if we stick together and get as many people we know to sign the petition to get the ordinance changed this september he will not be able to use the loop hole against us.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/houstonnoiseordinance

Last edited by daveooc; 08-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
daveooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #37
braingetter

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2001 hayabusa drippin tha kandy blue paint makin stains in tha lanes

I just signed the petition, #263... lets fill that up guys, need at least 3k!!!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #38
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow23 View Post
I'm having issues with a particular officer on highways 6 and westheimer he's pulled me over once a week the past 2 weeks and it's really frustrating that i can't ride without having to worry about minor B.S... I ride the speed limit and follow all rules and the only thing i get bothered about is my exhaust by this one cop......
Everyone that gets pulled over by him, document it and put all of them together and go see the mayor! I'm' just just food for thought!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #39
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

About time the cops do sumthing they are supposed to do, I hope they get the stupid cars with extra loud exausts also, thats extreamly gay.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #40
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
If your bike's muffler w CARB or whatever imprint is getting you in trouble, fight it.

If it doesnt have those markings, Im guessing you or the previous owner put it on your bike and should take responsibility for it if it comes to be a problem.

If enough people are infact complaining, its an issue in the community. Dont complain about people on cellphones while driving if you're waking the dead in your neighborhood every morning commuting to work at 5am.

That said, mine is modified oem and I havent been introuble for it yet; but I also dont run up the rpms and drop them down looking for attention. I have stickers for that.

+1 stickers flashy helmets and powder coated goodies should be enough attention, if a person needs a loud bike to keep cars from cuting them off they need to take their loud back to msf classes .

Advertisement