MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #21
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

I had a bike as a sole mode of transport
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking over payments? Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-13-2013 05:17 PM
I need a cheap car on payments badman General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 12-21-2011 01:28 PM
09 600rr take over payments xhangyx General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 03-10-2010 01:20 AM
track while still making payments??? skmart2 Taking it to the Track 25 07-21-2008 12:23 PM
About Payments Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 07-02-2008 03:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #23
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
I had a bike as a sole mode of transport
How many times did you have to call someone for a ride when its was pouring outside? Or take mama's car?

Like I said.. If you dont even have a car.. and you want a bike? Seems like the dude has his priorities all jacked. So the odds of getting paid off seem slim
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Oliveira View Post
I worked out a deal with the guy, He kept the title, followed me to my house, got pictures of my house, drivers license, and insurance, as i did the same with him. We wrote a contract and went to the bank and got it notarized. He kept the title, I got a bill of sale, once i paid the full amount I got the title. Everything worked out fine, but maybe I was lucky that it was ACTUALLY two honest people making a deal...
Wow. That is amazing.

It could work, but his story sounds fishy. Don't fall for it. If he's struggling now, he'll be struggling later. If he can afford double your bike payments, he can buy a cheap car somewhere and afford that payment. Tell him no.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #25
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
How many times did you have to call someone for a ride when its was pouring outside? Or take mama's car?

Like I said.. If you dont even have a car.. and you want a bike? Seems like the dude has his priorities all jacked. So the odds of getting paid off seem slim
I actually sucked it up and rode through the rain if it was important enough otherwise it wasn't worth going but I would not recommend having a bike only unless you have absolutely no other choice.
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #26
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:

I used my bike as my main transportation for about 18 months even though I had a car. I would just leave early, bring some rain gear, and pull over if it started raining hard. Not as bad as you would think.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
Infinite
night prowler

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600RR (sold)
06 GSXR 600 (sold)
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
93 CBR 900 (sold)
06 RC51 (sold)

Quote:

my bike was my means of transportation...i ride through rain and 36degree temps...if its raining too hard its flooding so i wouldnt be able to go anywhere anyway

you can ride through rain, just make sure its not flooding and the oil on the street has settled
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Well, obviously it CAN work out but you would be taking a risk to help out a stranger.
Why put yourself in that position?
If he can't get a loan, tell him to move on and sell to someone else. If you are in a bind and need the bike gane asap then lower the price, advertise more or get a second job.
Your rights to claim the bike are in jeopardy once he takes possession. You can get it back if you TAKE it back but first you have to find it, then you risk what the popo will say if you get caught or you risk him kicking your .
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #29
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
If you really want to help him you should give him tips on how to improve his credit score and explain to him that it is irresponsible to spend money on things you can't afford.
+ 1
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #30
iDreaM

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
13 636

The repsol I recently purchased, was made on payments. Paying it off actually pretty soon only took 4 months. Everything was legit, he held title and we got motorized paperwork and everything. Worked out fine for me. Which is why I'm returning the favor for another person, On here actually. I would have thought with all the right paperwork, could easily take them to court if stuff came up? Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. Yes it's a risk, but sometimes it actually really is helping someone out, such as this guy did for me.
iDreaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #31
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

I would do it if I owned it outright. With me having a loan on the bike, I am required to always have insurance on the bike no matter what. So it would be silly to take payments!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #32
iDreaM

Bike(s):
13 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcFrancis View Post
I would do it if I owned it outright. With me having a loan on the bike, I am required to always have insurance on the bike no matter what. So it would be silly to take payments!

Ya, the guy I purchased owned it outright so that def helps with title in hand.
eff paying for insurance on a bike your not riding! lol.
Although I thought there was a way you could do it where the other person holds the insurance. Mudduk is another guy on this board, he would be able to tell you all about it. He looked deeply into it when he was selling his 09 zx6r.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

I talked to my bank and they said that I need to have insurance in my name at all times and "btw, we have a policy of not allowing our members to do such arrangements! We strongly advise against it. You need to sell it out right!"
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #34
iDreaM

Bike(s):
13 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcFrancis View Post
I talked to my bank and they said that I need to have insurance in my name at all times and "btw, we have a policy of not allowing our members to do such arrangements! We strongly advise against it. You need to sell it out right!"
O really? Hm. O well
Wow I had no idea. lol. I would if I could. Need it gone by first of month! Haven't even gotten an offer on the thing! Not even some lowballin a** offer. NADA! lol
Just alot of eww's and ahh's lol
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #35
Jerzey
The Trickster

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

nothing stoping the buyer from paying you after he
A. wrecks it
b. Gets it stolen

just wait till someone has the cash. GL.org ppl are shady!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #36
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Suppose you sell the bike on payments to some guy, you do all the things people say (notarized or "motorized" paperwork, exchange names and numbers, etc.) and then the bike gets stolen 2 weeks later?
The buyer then thinks, 'I aint payin' for a bike I don't have'.

What are you gonna do about it? Call the cops?
What will they do? Arrest him? That doesn't even happen on real bank loan deals.
You gonna hire a lawyer and sue him? You better have plenty of money, time and tolerance for disappointment, cause you aint gonna get very far any time soon.

So, now where do you stand?
You got no bike, the buyer aint payin', the cops can't help and your bank isn't waiting for a lawsuit to go thru the courts to get their money.

Like I said, it CAN work out ok, but why should you take so much risk? Sell it to a guy with cash in his hand...
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #37
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
nothing stoping the buyer from paying you after he
A. wrecks it
b. Gets it stolen

just wait till someone has the cash. GL.org ppl are shady!
+1
How can you be sure that "payments guy" has insurance on the bike at all times in case it's wrecked or stolen. Will he have gap insurance? insurance companies never pay what you owe on it.
I'm sure there are times when it goes over great but I would think more often than not .. it's a bad idea.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #38
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
hmmm, I didn't read every post...but, WHAT IF the buyer wrecks the bike and dies on YOUR bike, that YOU own? I'd be more concerned about the headaches and civil liabilities and court costs you'd be facing against the buyers family, etc. Not to mention all the stuff others have posted. I'm with Bosslady, sure it probably works for some, but more often than not it probably becomes some sort of a pain in the .
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #39
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
hmmm, I didn't read every post...but, WHAT IF the buyer wrecks the bike and dies on YOUR bike, that YOU own? I'd be more concerned about the headaches and civil liabilities and court costs you'd be facing against the buyers family, etc. Not to mention all the stuff others have posted. I'm with Bosslady, sure it probably works for some, but more often than not it probably becomes some sort of a pain in the .
same thing could happen if i let someoe borrow my car or truck to get milk at the store...

and each case is different if you know someone well enuff i would do it, i have sold 2 bikes to persons i know with as much info i could get from them in case they disappeared. both bikes went well with payments but one of them in the end guy lost his job, he owed 3 months left got a new job and paid me. like i said tho, every case is different.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #40
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I'm not one to play "what if's" , BUT you and I both know the likelihood of death in your scenario is way less than someone letting another roll around THEIR bike....

FWIW, my aunt loaned a trailer to someone in the late 90's. That person did not hitch the trailer properly and it caused an accident in which another person died....guess who ended up in the middle of a multi million dollar civil suit? One guess, that's all you get.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement