MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #61
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Watch out everybody! I am looking to cut your throats and blow up your buildings! Ohh and it's Ramadaan...triple points for me!

BACK ON TOPIC: I got my 1st inspection today after a year of riding at the dealership I bought my bike from. The owner of the dealership was impressed with the amount of mileage on my bike (17,500), moreso when I told him I'm barely home (<20% I'm in Houston in the past year). We had a conversation about cops and I told him I was only pulled over 2x but I have done MANY dumb things on Houston's streets. It all boils down to perception...ride a non-SS and wear all black instead of the loud racer/squid colors and you won't be harassed. Moreso when you have non-hidden plates/inspection/registration/EZTag/Insurance...they can check these things just by running your plates.

Both times I did get pulled over (each sprinting to near triple digits on the freeway), the cops and I had a nice conversation and I was let go.

Kindness and a good attitude goes very far That's why it wouldn't make any difference to me if cops crack down on bikers or rock climbers.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cops now have Bikes!!! NgaWhat Off Topic 14 08-26-2010 06:24 PM
sport bikes for cops greaselightnin General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 04-25-2010 03:05 AM
new bikes for motorcycle cops issanni General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-14-2007 08:26 PM
COPS HATE BIKES! Motogp05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-10-2006 09:00 AM
... even the cops bikes aren't safe... SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-23-2005 10:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #62
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Group of us got pulled over on 359 (kind of a benefit ride at the time) doing 59 in a 50 zone. Ask Cali about that one...
My vin number is close but not the actual one for a 250 stolen... I was frowned upon. Someone died on racers road and although we were holding up the speeding farmers behind us(three thick on a straight road) we were the ones doing bad. Oh, and the officer told JustNick leading us "he has a real bike."

I didnt eat where we were going because my money was too good for the area and I left the group. I shared in that thread I went the speed limit back and slowed a cop down for a good 5 miles w a truck/trailer and a car behind me doing 50mph for that stretch of highway. I waved like a 15yr old on his first webcam stream at the cop when he finally passed ALL 3 of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
We cant fight the stereotypes... they are what they are.
Werd.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #63
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer View Post
never been ticketed on a bike. been pulled over a few times. once on my beat to old cbr600. no plastics, orielly brand driving lights zip-tied on for headlights. pulled over by seabrook pd. all he asked me is whats the deal with my flashing tail light. i told him it was an led spinner light so im more visible from behind. he said okay, have a nice day.

second time was on a small group ride with azylum and a few others, dont remember who all they were. clipping down 45 s at about 80-85, cop pulled all of us over ( except azylum ) said we were speeding, but not doing anything dumb, checked all of us out. one guy got a ticket for no registration. cop sent us on our way.

if you think all cops are dickheads, go check out the dirtay party pics thread. that cop was cool as , " arrested " tonyt for and giggles cause everyone asked him to.
dude i still seriously feel bad about that day. i thought you lagged back cause you all got pulled over only to find out you had a flat tire. beans. :(
Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #64
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
dude i still seriously feel bad about that day. i thought you lagged back cause you all got pulled over only to find out you had a flat tire. beans. :(
happens man, im not mad about it. just dont let it happen again when i get another bike someday!!!

it was scary as doing 90 down the causeway when the back tire gave out though, a little bit of pee might've come out.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #65
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
haven't been pulled over since 1968, lucky
i wasnt even born in 1968. so...mebbe not so lucky.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #66
kaiclayton

Feedback Rating: (0)

Existed and had been displayed. Yes, the motorcycle was speeding - However, if the police did a U was completely wrong. Some recent motion debate on Second vs. the case of the police, I would say that making a U-turn, which had limited visibility and double yellow lines was a folly, and the police that they deserve it gets. Having exhausted the way in a similar situation, when the police were too busy to drive d guy going in the opposite direction, are very aware that some of the traffic police are too eager.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #67
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiclayton View Post
Existed and had been displayed. Yes, the motorcycle was speeding - However, if the police did a U was completely wrong. Some recent motion debate on Second vs. the case of the police, I would say that making a U-turn, which had limited visibility and double yellow lines was a folly, and the police that they deserve it gets. Having exhausted the way in a similar situation, when the police were too busy to drive d guy going in the opposite direction, are very aware that some of the traffic police are too eager.
Are you stoned?
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #68
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:

Engrish pureeze
:r ofl:
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #69
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
My head hurts, I can't read this...
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #70
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
^^No joke!!!! I tried twice, ran it through Google Translator (which crashed) Kaiclayton, for the love of WHAT THE ARE YOU SAYING!?!?!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #71
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
^^No joke!!!! I tried twice, ran it through Google Translator (which crashed) Kaiclayton, for the love of WHAT THE ARE YOU SAYING!?!?!
Reminds me of one of those spam emails, you know the ones where it doesn't say anything but jabber?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #72
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Are you stoned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Engrish pureeze
:r ofl:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
Quote:
Reminds me of one of those spam emails, you know the ones where it doesn't say anything but jabber?
OR.....he's new to the forum and doesnt know yet how to quote what he is talking about. cut him some slack.....hes obviously talking about the video badzx14 put up where the motorcycle hit the cop car doing a uturn.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #73
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
I;ve been pulled over by cops on my bikes 4 times, once I passed an umarked doing well over 100 on a two lane road. I have never gotten a ticket on my bikes. A little respect and being legit goes along way. You gotta pay to play though, so watch yourselves or it can cost you more then a ticket, and thats what alot of cops are trying to get across. They see bodies quite often....
I think you hit it right on a nail .
I have a older brother ,friends , & a couple of cousins that are leos in this city & other towns.
When hearing them talk , one thing comes across storng is that they are human & don't want to see anyone get hurt or killed.
There are quite a few of us that know what the feeling is like to walk up on a bad wreck & see a mangled body or dead body.
It is a bad feeling & even worser feeling when it is someone you know.
Most of the time a person is stopped , the officer is trying to prevent that person from hurting themselves of other innocent people.
Of course , there are some lousy leos that get off by harrasing people.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #74
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
OR.....he's new to the forum and doesnt know yet how to quote what he is talking about. cut him some slack.....hes obviously talking about the video badzx14 put up where the motorcycle hit the cop car doing a uturn.
lol, I caught that much by just seeing the words (car, bike, cop, u-turn) but what was he saying hmmmmm??
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #75
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
lol, I caught that much by just seeing the words (car, bike, cop, u-turn) but what was he saying hmmmmm??
ummmmm........dammit, i really dont know i have to go back and read it. i may end up having no idea. i was just defending his newbness cuz i was bored.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #76
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
ok i re read and all i got was....car, bike, cop, & u-turn also. yall are right....carry on.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #77
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
ummmmm........dammit, i really dont know i have to go back and read it. i may end up having no idea. i was just defending his newbness cuz i was bored.
Quote:
ok i re read and all i got was....car, bike, cop, & u-turn also. yall are right....carry on.
Thanks for the attempt. I am honestly curious what he was trying to say. I can't debate what he said at this point.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #78
Azylum
The Chosen One

from the syntax id guess its another mudbug alter ego.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #79
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer View Post

second time was on a small group ride with azylum and a few others, dont remember who all they were. clipping down 45 s at about 80-85, cop pulled all of us over ( except azylum ) said we were speeding, but not doing anything dumb, checked all of us out. one guy got a ticket for no registration. cop sent us on our way.

That was me that got the ticket for the registration. He let me off for 3-4 other things though! The LEO and I were even laughing about random things, and he told me that they'd dismiss it even though it was over a year out of date, so I ended up renewing it, and spending $10 at the courthouse. I've only been pulled over once on the bike and treated like . Comparing that to the numerous times I've been pulled over and let off, or pulled and gotten of fairly easy I like cops.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement