MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Remind them they need to correct their mistakes to write the wrong that has been done to you. Also remind them that word of mouth will not benefit their business right now but can salvage their name by righting this mistake.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #22
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphant675r View Post
ok, thanks man. once they fix that i'll be coming to check out your shop, i hear a lot of good things about it
Think about Motorcycles Unlimited if they were to have done something like that (and they are too smart and good to do something like that), but ONE they would have told you, TWO they would have made it right and THREE you wouldn't have gotten a dirty bike back.. So Patrick's advice is based off how he'd run his shop. I can tell you first hand.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
Houstonbussa

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Oh, btw, I went to a shop that I lost faith in and ended up getting a full refund minus the oil filter and brake lever they put on because of similar work. And if you're on this side of town and can't make it to Motorcycles Unlimited (which it's MORE than worth the drive) JD Cycles on richmond does pretty good work too. But Motorcycles Unlimited is the best. (IMHO)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

+1 for Motorcycles Unlimited. eximports is a nice shop to go into to look at pretty bikes. the prices they want are a joke though on some of the older stuff. talking to the gear guy is pretty funny too. he demonstrated a few helmets for me once and i could tell it really hurt him to put on that small helmet. yikes.

Motorcycles Unlimited will hook you up right.
they have always been very good with me. letting me know of any issues they have spotted with my posv650. they do good work and will really work with you. i did a sprocket and chain install and just kinda winged it. the chain was too long, and i took it back, initially with the attitude of they sold me the wrong size chain and patrick got the guys in back to take a few links out, while he helped me understand the job i was trying to do. very good people. if you are in the houston area, or greater houston area, go to Motorcycles Unlimited.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
Vividkid

Feedback Rating: (0)

There's a reason I won't let anyone else but myself work on my bike (as I have the means and the tools) but anything I perfer not to do I always choose Motorcycles Unlimited and Patrick to take care of the stuff id rather not hassle with (Mount/balance tires, etc)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #26
triumphant675r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

well i got my bike back. i feel it's only fair to say they did seem to do a decent job this time, they took the initiative to adjust my brakes/clutch. Although apparently the problem was there is a component that mounts to the side of the engine with two bolts, BOTH OF WHICH WERE MISSING. how do you forget TWO bolts? anyhow, they fixed that and detailed the bike inside and out.

i will be headed to Motorcycles Unlimited as soon as i can get the time off work to have it inspected and get a price for my 6k mile service which is coming up in about a week. i'll also be needing to get new tires over there. looking forward to seeing this shop i hear so many good things about.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #27
Osiris102406
Osiris

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
Check out super bikes too, that guy seems to be ontop of his chit!! If u can't always make it to Motorcycles Unlimited. I talked to there head tech, that guy is str8 from the uk and said ducs and triumphants he knows well.
I'm still saving up for my clipons before I come see u Patrick so don't think vie forgotten about u lol. I'm also gonna need a crank case gasket.

I would have it fixed right by a compitent tech and just take the bill up to them and not leave until they re-imbrues u

+ 1 Motorcycles Unlimited is awesome and patrick will help...
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
jcsanchez68

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Talking

You have to remember that you have a bike that is under Triumph Warranty and if something goes wrong and you do not have proof of the work-service-maintenance being done by a Triumph dealer, the warranty will NOT cover your bike, be aware of that too.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #29
triumphant675r

Bike(s):

Member Garage

since yesterday my bike is feeling much better, and so am i for that matter. i should say that in all fairness my only issue was with the service department. the dealership as a whole is a great place. i walked outta there barely paying more than cost for my bike, and have been treated very kindly since
Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #30
BoostJunky

Wow, ur only wheels? u must be real young lol
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
BoostJunky

On a serious note, i'd have them fix it then take somewhere else to have em check out the work ExI did.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
triumphant675r

Bike(s):

Member Garage

i've checked it out with a friend, and everything seems A ok.

i guess i am pretty young, i'll be 22 next week. i don't mind only having a bike, i get to make time to ride...every day lol. the fiance has a car, and if i reeeaallly need to i can take one from the lot i work at. this bike is totally worth loosing the hyundai and honda shadow for
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #33
BoostJunky

Glad u got it all worked out and fixed =)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #34
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

First Mistake = went to Eximports

I pretty much didn't need to read the rest of your post
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #35
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
You have to remember that you have a bike that is under Triumph Warranty and if something goes wrong and you do not have proof of the work-service-maintenance being done by a Triumph dealer, the warranty will NOT cover your bike, be aware of that too.
Not true.
The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act allows anyone to perform regular maintenance, even do it your self, and not void your warranty.
If you do perform your own service, make sure to keep receipts for the fluids you use.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

triumphant675r,
Good the hear they stood behind their work.
We're all human and everyone make mistakes, it's how you handle them that defines you as a business.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 08-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #36
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Arrow From the Triumph website

I am all about supporting our website sponsors and I have only heard good things about Motorcycles Unlimited, and like he said you can do whatever you want to do with your motorcycle, read your warranty booklet and understand the requirements.

WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS

Thank you for choosing a Triumph motorcycle. This motorcycle is the product of Triumph’s use of proven engineering, exhaustive testing, and continuous striving for superior reliability, safety, and performance.

Maintain maximum protection under warranty by ensuring your motorcycle is serviced in accordance with the recommendations of the scheduled maintenance chart in the owners handbook. The appropriate service record must be stamped by your authorised Triumph dealer.

Whenever service, repair or warranty work is undertaken the motorcycle service handbook must be made available to your Triumph Dealer.

All new Triumph motorcycles which are registered on or after 1 December 1992 are covered by a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty, commencing from the date of first registration or the date of sale if the motorcycle remains unregistered.

Within the warranty period, Triumph Motorcycles Ltd warrants the new Triumph motorcycle to be free from any defect in materials used in the manufacture, and/or workmanship at the time of its manufacture.

Any part found to be defective during this period will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Triumph Motorcycles Ltd by an authorised Triumph Dealer.

Any part replaced under the warranty will be covered for the remaining period of the warranty.

Any parts replaced under warranty must be returned to Triumph Motorcycles Ltd by the dealer/distributor and will become the property of Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.

Triumph may, at its discretion make any repairs or replacement of defective parts falling outside the warranty, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability.

Triumph will bear labour charges for work carried out under the warranty. The warranty may be transferred to subsequent owners for the balance of the remaining period.

Conditions and Exclusions

1. The machine must not have been used for competition, *misused, inadequately maintained, or incorrectly serviced or maintained.

2. The machine must not have been subject to any modification, repair or replacement other than as authorised by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.

3. The machine must have been serviced by an authorised Triumph Dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly.

4. Defects caused by faulty adjustment, or repairs and alterations performed by a non-authorised Triumph Dealer are not covered by this warranty.

5. Defects caused by the use of parts and accessories not authorised by Triumph Motorcycles are not covered by this warranty.

6. The warranty does not cover the cost of removal and replacement of parts and accessories, unless supplied as original equipment, or recommended by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.

7. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation of the machine to or from the authorised Triumph Dealer, or expenses incurred while the machine is off the road for warranty repairs.

8. Normal servicing and normal service items, such as spark plugs, oil and air filters are not covered by this warranty. Similarly items which are expected to wear as part of their normal function such as tyres, bulbs, chains, brake pads and clutch plates are also excluded, unless there is a manufacturing defect.

9. Front fork seals are not covered by this warranty being subject to wear and tear (particularly stone damage to inner fork tubes).

10. The motorcycles exhaust silencers are warranted for 12 months from the commencement of the general motorcycle warranty. During this 12 month warranty period, internal corrosion or deformation of internal baffles are excluded from the warranty. After this 12 month period, the motorcycle silencers are excluded from the terms of this warranty

11. Other items excluded from warranty are seats, luggage, paint, chrome, polished aluminum items, or trim deterioration caused by normal wear and tear, exposure or lack of correct maintenance.

12. The motorcycle battery is warranted for 6 months from the original date of purchase of the motorcycle. After this 6 month period, the battery is excluded from the terms of this warranty. The battery supplied with the motorcycle must be provided with sufficient charge to replenish that lost by the operation of the starting mechanism and/or the use of electrical equipment whilst the engine is not running.

13. The warranty does not cover machines used on a commercial basis.

14. The warranty does not cover defects which have not been reported to an authorised dealer within ten days of discovery of the defect.

15. The warranty does not cover machines which have been inadequately lubricated, or for which the wrong fuel or lubricant has been used.

16. Should a warranty claim become necessary, Triumph Motorcycles and its Authorised Dealers shall not be liable for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.

This warranty shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and any question arising from this warranty shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.

Any statement, condition, representation, description or warranty otherwise contained in any catalogue, advertisement or other publication shall not be construed as enlarging, varying or overriding anything contained herein. Triumph Motorcycles Ltd reserve the right to make alterations or improvements without notification to any model or machine without obligation to do so to machines already sold. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.

Service Record

Motorcycling will be enhanced by the knowledge that your machine is being serviced to the high standards demanded by Triumph Motorcycles Ltd. Your motorcycle may require more frequent servicing if operated in severe climates or conditions, or if used for short, stop—start journeys. Further information can be obtained from your authorised Triumph Dealer.

The first service must be carried out at 500 miles/800 kilometres/1 month, whichever comes first.

Caring For Your Motorcycle

Triumph Motorcycles Ltd has taken great care in the selection of materials, plating and painting techniques so as to provide its customers with a quality cosmetic appearance allied to durability. However, motorcycles are often used in hostile environmental conditions and in these circumstances it is essential that the motorcycle is washed, dried and lost lubricity replaced to prevent discolouration particularly of plated and unplated metallic surfaces. Your dealer can provide further information and advice if required. Ultimately the appearance of your machine will very much depend on the care it receives.

*Misuse includes any use not in accordance with the recommendations made in the ’how to ride the motorcycle’ section of the owners handbook and any use contrary to the warnings given in that same handbook. In addition, misuse will include, but not be limited too any use of the motorcycle which does not constitute normal road use.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #37
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #38
triumphant675r

Bike(s):

Member Garage

I do know how to change my own oil. I always have. I took it because I wanted my service record to show that service to keep my warranty intact. And I don't know how to do the other stuff...yet
Old 08-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #39
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
I am all about supporting our website sponsors and I have only heard good things about Motorcycles Unlimited, and like he said you can do whatever you want to do with your motorcycle, read your warranty booklet and understand the requirements.

Conditions and Exclusions

3. The machine must have been serviced by an authorised Triumph Dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly.

This warranty shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and any question arising from this warranty shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
se.

While that may hold true in England, in the U.S. it is not the case. Federal law simply does not allow the practice. Once again, read and understand the Magnuson-Moss Act.

You work for a dealership, ask your regional rep if they can legitimately refuse warranty coverage if maintenance is not performed by a factory rep.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #40
b42day

Feedback Rating: (3)

It is not Eximports it is Eximport....just saying....
b42day is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement