MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
I wanna...

Make Biodiesel. 70 cents a gallon how could I say no?

I have the perfect labrat vehicle too.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dirtay Partay IV- "I wanna beer, and I wanna see sumthin nekkid." Sat, Sept 19! Squoddybody Off Topic 494 10-20-2012 11:12 AM
i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride.... north side Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-30-2010 10:42 PM
I dont wanna pickle...just wanna ride my motorcycle! jrob Off Topic 4 05-17-2009 09:36 PM
You might wanna think twice bdmpastx Off Topic 5 06-16-2006 08:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I'd like to do that as well, but no vehicle. :(

I'd prolly just buy BioWillie though. hehe
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

bio diesel is out......

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
out what?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

http://www.wnbiodiesel.com/
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

3.00 per gallon is out, biodiesel at 70 cents per gallon is in, waaay in =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
Old 07-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
tcmatt

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
3.00 per gallon is out, biodiesel at 70 cents per gallon is in, waaay in =)
Old 07-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I know the channelview school district must use a vegetable oil mix to run their buses, thye reak like and are most definately doing the veggies mix.
just get a tank and a vacuum pump and make the rounds of all the fired fast food joints and suck up their old grease from their outside disposal tanks.
filter it and run the out of it.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #10
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm gonna try it, they teach you how to make a 1 gallon batch to "get your feet wet" then if your good/dont die they have instructions on how to do it 55 gallons at a time.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

in the long run it has been proven to cost more than regular diesel.. you must buy the old oil from the restaurants cuz they sell it to someone...must buy the tank... must buy LOADS of filters... a school in pa did a study on it it cost more for the summer to run their fleet of buses on bio than diesel by several 1000's.... NOT WORTH THE TIME.....

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm gonna try it, they teach you how to make a 1 gallon batch to "get your feet wet" then if your good/dont die they have instructions on how to do it 55 gallons at a time.
I got 5 gallons of oil here that I used to fry a turkey in, you want me to bring it to work tomorrow for ya?
its in a good containor so's it wont spill in the mighty burbon whilst transporting

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #13
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline
in the long run it has been proven to cost more than regular diesel.. you must buy the old oil from the restaurants cuz they sell it to someone...must buy the tank... must buy LOADS of filters... a school in pa did a study on it it cost more for the summer to run their fleet of buses on bio than diesel by several 1000's.... NOT WORTH THE TIME.....

Depends on how you do it. It probably cost them more to do the study than it would to switch.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline

1. You don't have to buy the old oil, around here if you offer to haul their trash off for free they will be glad to let you do it.

2. You have to buy a tank to process it in yes, as in any venture there is an initial cost.

3. You have to buy filters at first ONLY because Biodiesel acts as a cleaning agent and all the stuff from regular diesel that settled in your tank will suddenly get swept up and clog your filter, this will continue until the stuff gets removed through filter replacements or you clean your tank.

4. It might not be worth the time, your right, but I do have about 4 hours extra per day that I could devote and it is DEFINATLY worth the money if it works.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
I got 5 gallons of oil here that I used to fry a turkey in, you want me to bring it to work tomorrow for ya?
its in a good containor so's it wont spill in the mighty burbon whilst transporting

If I do it by the specs in the link I posted I should do the practice run with pure vegetable oil first (just to learn how) and once I do it once successfully with that, then I can start using the Waste Oil (like what you have).

If you still have it in a week or two and it all goes well I might take ya up on it =)

Unfortunatly by burbon is down for the count though, the rear brakes went out on it and I made a blood oath a couple years ago that I would never again touch another drum brake in my life. So for now she sits. =(
Old 07-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
If I do it by the specs in the link I posted I should do the practice run with pure vegetable oil first (just to learn how) and once I do it once successfully with that, then I can start using the Waste Oil (like what you have).

If you still have it in a week or two and it all goes well I might take ya up on it =)

Unfortunatly by burbon is down for the count though, the rear brakes went out on it and I made a blood oath a couple years ago that I would never again touch another drum brake in my life. So for now she sits. =(
they are easy to fix, buy the parts and I'll come over and do em for ya, gratis of course
that way, you can stick with your oath

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #17
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Oh man, I couldn't let you do it for free. I do need to get them fixed though, you got anything I could do to pay off the labor? =-)
Old 07-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #18
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

I didn't swear a BLOOD oath, but I told myself I'd never touch drum brakes again too. Ever since I um.. busted myself in the mouth.. stupid drum brakes!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Oh man, I couldn't let you do it for free. I do need to get them fixed though, you got anything I could do to pay off the labor? =-)
gimmie a break, or in this case brake....you have given me items, lemme give some back.
I also have the go-peds needing to get back to ya

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
gimmie a break, or in this case brake....you have given me items, lemme give some back.
I also have the go-peds needing to get back to ya

OMG I had forgotten about those scooters!
Remember you get to keep one for yourself =)

We could race them! Hey wheres JJO at, he was gonna race you on his too. hmmm.

Tell ya what, the only way this will work for me, is if you let me bbq you something when you come over, I'm mean with briskettes and I've been making jalepeno Diablo's lately that are kick too! how about that? :icon_bigg

Advertisement