MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
could there be a track set up for some mini racing?
YouTube- POCKET BIKE MINI MOTO RACING IN HONG KONG MINI WORLD

that would get my interest
Theres a mini track in Katy bro.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a stunt spot to pratice handyman Stunters Lounge 19 07-14-2014 05:34 PM
Stunt help ASI 11/18 and 11/22 or new stunt spot Doc2209 Stunters Lounge 19 11-19-2009 03:56 PM
NEW STUNT SPOT gsxrjai Stunters Lounge 4 09-29-2009 01:51 AM
I see an awesome stunt spot NoFear Stunters Lounge 42 10-11-2007 02:32 AM
Stunt spot MATT L. Stunters Lounge 20 04-10-2007 04:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
Ninjo
Ima n00b

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati Monster 750

Send a message via AIM to Ninjo
Ok here's a thought.. Open up a drag track( for vehicles too ) and just have a huge parking lot on the sidean and setup a vass open concrete plain in the back side. Cars will always want to drag so there's a steady flow, and charge bikers/stunters a lower amount, make sure to have big events and meets and what not, then u can setup free events like monday night minis or bbq benifits, and use the stunters and drag racers to gather them all, don't charge spectators for events, participators/stunters 5-10$ drag racers 20$, setup a bbq hut too.. It'll take a lot to plan and ur gonna have to hire people but that would work better than just a stunt spot. U need something to go along with it to draw ppl in.. Hey let's go stunt over here.. Oh yea don't they have a drag strip too? And they sell bbq yea.. Hey its thursday its only 5$ stunt night...

It could work.
Ninjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #23
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Forgive my hostility but it comes across as your trying to find a way of profiting from our hard work....

And the only riders that get tickets are the squids on the streets.
I understanding charging. Profit or no profit. The insurance alone will be a killer. And unless he's/she's just rich for no reason and got money to blow, gonna have to get that money in some way.

Also probably right, only the squids are getting the stupid stuff. Just like the street racers....

I personally like the idea, but if I could offer some ideas, I would probably secure some of the comps to come to town and you host them. Maybe also get some of the local stunters to offer a class for the people that would like to learn. At some point and time offer product lines geared directly to making your bike stunt ready. etc. Then you can offer more than just a place to pay for what you're already doing for free. Maybe get a local stunt team. And they practice during the week. Maybe once a month have an open competition. Then this place will be more worth it even for the current stunters. I could go on, but this is just food for thought for you to work with.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

No one seems to understand. I suppose bands pay promotors to perform at there events while the event promotors charge spectators admission right? I mean after all the location cost money so I guess that means the people drawing the spectators and providing the entertainment/ reason for spectators being there in the first place everyone one should have to pay. Count me and 99% of every stuntrider or entertainer out for that matter.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #25
Ninjo
Ima n00b

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati Monster 750

Send a message via AIM to Ninjo
Another good idea would be to open a perfomance shop with a hugggeeee parkinglot, revenue would be the shop so u wouldn't have to charge admission. And like houston bussa said, bring some comp teams and offer classes, events. If u own a shop u have to have ins ofcourse and but the ins extends to the edge of ur property so aslong as u own the parkinglot ur covered. At least that's how my buddies shop is. There's loopholes everywhere, just gotta find them.
Ninjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #26
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

How about a free place, with city sponsorship. Ever looked at all the free skate parks and recreational land in and around Houston. If it's municipal, you CANNOT sue the city for your own actions. Like running over a pothole and bending a wheel. Somewhere like Memorial park softball parking lot, or as Joe nailed it, under a highway bridge. I grew up riding my KD80 on the gravel and sand piles under 859S at Main. But one huge issue is that when you legalize it, it isn't nearly as much fun, and the bad boy image of stunters is diminished. Kinda like street racing, high school back of the car , or mary jane.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
How about a free place, with city sponsorship. Ever looked at all the free skate parks and recreational land in and around Houston. If it's municipal, you CANNOT sue the city for your own actions. Like running over a pothole and bending a wheel. Somewhere like Memorial park softball parking lot, or as Joe nailed it, under a highway bridge. I grew up riding my KD80 on the gravel and sand piles under 859S at Main. But one huge issue is that when you legalize it, it isn't nearly as much fun, and the bad boy image of stunters is diminished. Kinda like street racing, high school back of the car , or mary jane.
I agree with every thing you said except the bad boy image, these bad boys are the ones power wheeleing and hurting them selfes, claiming to be "stunas" . Any one can be a bad boy, but few can ride.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #28
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpDaub View Post
But once again, why when you can do it for free at Monday night Minis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Theres a mini track in Katy bro.

dude, i'm so out of the know.
where is monday night minis? katy?
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
If it was free for stunters but spectators had a fee then that may work. Stunters can come and show off in front of people and people get a show at a price. Setup a food stand and give free food to those that stunt and charge for everyone else and i'm sure you'd have people showing up.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #30
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
The true stunters don't wana pay to give a show, they wana get paid to give a show
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #31
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
Prodigy said it all and just about vouched for every stunter in Houston and around Houston
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #32
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

this prodigy is right!!! open the place up and prove everyone wrong!!! bet u will regret it. its easy to go ask in a parking lot were the owner has slow business to borrow the lot for free in exchange ull atract ppl. thats a win win! dnt u think stuntners out there already do that so why pay you?? look what happened at asi you had all those tards that started to take ther bbq pit and over price ppl and not cleaning ther mess up
G1xx3rGuy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #33
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #34
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Allot of the stunt guys here in houston have shows , there is food , and admission, you all should attend some support them first before trying to make money off of them
Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #35
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
Allot of the stunt guys here in houston have shows , there is food , and admission, you all should attend some support them first before trying to make money off of them
I think the O.P. is not trying to make money off the guys that are VERY GOOD/PRO.

I firmly believe the O.P. concern is for "john Q. stunter" in general. Anyone knows that PROs get invited to hold workshops, training, classes, actual shows, competitions, to bring in the extra crowds.

liken it to the moto-stuntn version of a skatepark. It can work.

people go to the racetrack for TRACK DAYS. (when they can ride on the street for free) same exact concept, but geared for a different bird of feather.

some of you, I understand your concern, but I think you over-analyzed his intentions.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #36
bc6140

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 gsxr 600

Member Garage

if you build it.........
bc6140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #37
Z1000
Z1K

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'10 Kawasaki Z1000
'03 Gixxer600 (sold)
'03 Harley Sportster (gave to bro)
pow pow powerwheels

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Z1000
.....They will come
Z1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
GAU-8
official thread ender.

thats how i look at at.

how many LEGAL stunt spots are open to the stunting world to hone thier skills right now in the states?

none.

how many legal venues are there for track days? quite a few compared to above. it can work, just got to build it plan it out right.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #39
triumphant675r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

why not treat it like a venue? get a few people together, and buy a large parking lot. then use it privately however you want. and when you want to do an event, you charge admission, the riders get paid, and a cut goes to maintain the lot
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement