MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #61
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmatthews View Post
my 1k will burn the outta whatever HD you got
wasn't there a episode of Pinks where a old KZ750 kicked the out of a harley v-rod? yes I believe there was,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why i got stranded... DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-07-2014 03:18 PM
NEED HELP! STRANDED wesleh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 09-15-2011 12:51 AM
stranded in austin kpar21 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-22-2011 02:05 AM
Help I'm Stranded. Honda Mami Off Topic 2 03-19-2011 07:14 PM
Stranded Slvr04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-21-2005 12:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #62
fasthog

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmatthews View Post
my 1k will burn the outta whatever HD you got
eventualy,if you can ride it. from the looks of those training wheel in your pic you might wanna rethink that statement.
fasthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #63
R1Rider2009
R1

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2008 Victory Vegas Low (sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
But whats funny is that Sport Riders always talk on the Internet but when yall are out and about like at Bike Nights or Yankees or Rallys etc. we never hear a peep from ya'll? Why is that?
Real riders do their talking on the track or a twisty road. I've never seen a Harley show up at a CMRA race, let alone Racer's Road. Why is that?

120182d1226552878 motivational posters those who love bikes harley

Last edited by R1Rider2009; 08-10-2010 at 08:00 PM.
R1Rider2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #64
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
But whats funny is that Sport Riders always talk on the Internet but when yall are out and about like at Bike Nights or Yankees or Rallys etc. we never hear a peep from ya'll? Why is that? Ya'll just sit in the corner with your helmet in your hand?!?!?!? Come say hi and explain why you never talk in public to a group of "Bikers" or "Harley Guys".
I do at Yankees everytime I go. AND at Rallys. Ask the guys that met me at the last one... They were turning red listen to me nag the cruisers.

I've taught many my counting game(for the number of times the clutch is slipped and the harley revs up in the parking lot) and why harleys get so loud going under overpasses(colder, denser air in the shade causes the bike to rev up uncontrollably and it stops when they come out in the sun again.)

I do it out of fun; no disrespect. I have my own jokes about sportbikes and dirtbikes.

As for the racing thing; Drag racing has some HD's that are just as fast, some faster then the sportbike models.

For backroads; I know several that will tear up some younger riders that THINK they can ride but really just pin the throttle in the straights. Been seen before; Harley_Rider came out a few times to large forest rides and rode the middle of a few groups to everyone's surprize. There's a woman named Linda I rode with that is regularly doing tournaments at Rookies that has an HD that is the same.

As for track; remember the bike wasnt designed for it, but we have seen them on a track at GSS in a group and I had pics of a boulevard on a TTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) paradelap holding the highway pedal up in a corner so he can lean further

Last edited by CaligoneTx; 08-10-2010 at 08:08 PM.
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #65
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

For the original posting(and i didnt even read it TBH) I stopped on a forest ride last Sunday some friends put together that I started out with but stopped riding with them when I was passed 3 times on the right... that's a cop out for me... for 2 harley riders that stopped on the side of the road. One was looking at his mirror the other was stopped beside him. They were doing just fine; just had some controls come loose.

Sportbikes need roadwork too... I've been there, others have. , if people would stop wrecking the sportbike stops would be greatly reduced.

As for technology; ever notice some HD engines vibrate at idle, others dont? TypeA and TypeB engines. One is purposely unbalanced for the vibration at idle. As soon as it starts moving it stops vibrating. The technology may be a bit dated but its also tried and true. The company prides themselves on it. Its still a shadetree bike that an owner can work on, add accessories etc to some degree. But electronically, very advanced. If you were unaware of this, allow me to illustrate: most are prewired for a device that when you flast the highbeam 2 times your garage door will open. Does your sportbike do that? It accepts all types of remotes btw.

Im pretty quiet when we go out these days because Im honestly tired of hearing the same thing over and over again about "my 1000 will smoke your 600" on and on and on... who cares? Congrats, you own a bike w a bigger engine. I get tired of having to stop for you to fill up your bike, then have a cigarette, then rest your azz... Bikes are built differently. If you can utilize all those cc's... that's awesome, do it. I dont have any need for anything over a 250 right now and it appears that many that ride w me dont either negating the fact they do infact have something larger. But that's their choice.

Some on Saturday were laughing a guy w a 600 was saying he'd smoke their 1000's. They let it go for a few hours then told me. I nodded and said "likely for a while." They got all and I explained the guy on the 600 will be able to roll the throttle, lean forward and not worry about looping it; around 70 or 80 you'll prolly catch him....

I have seen NighsterRidester embarrass sportbikes at the 1/8 mile.

Perspective, understanding and research... Instead of jumping the gun. The bickering will never end and honestly makes for great debate but leave it there, enjoy the ride etc etc. I love coming up on a group of cruisers and waiting a bit until there's respectful time to pass. Usually they meet up w us later and say hi and thank you for not blowing their doors off.

Gear up, ride safe... or SquidRide 2010 on Sunday
Old 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #66
R1Rider2009
R1

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthog View Post
that 110 hp comes at 13000 rpm with 7ft lbs of trq. thats why harleys are kicking your stoplight to stoplight. most have at least 75 ft lbs at 2000 rpm.

This is the most hilarious thing I have read all day. The new BMW 1000 has 193HP with 87 ft lbs of torque.

Hayley outrun a sportbike, hahahaha
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #67
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
that 110 hp comes at 13000 rpm with 7ft lbs of trq. thats why harleys are kicking your stoplight to stoplight. most have at least 75 ft lbs at 2000 rpm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider2009 View Post
This is the most hilarious thing I have read all day. The new BMW 1000 has 193HP with 87 ft lbs of torque.

Hayley outrun a sportbike, hahahaha
Consider the weight/hp/range and speed though...

harley: heavy/engine large displacement/rpm range is 3500(maybe 5)... so 2k is near the center, no top end/top speed in first:35mph?

sportbike: Light/smaller displacement engine/rpm up to 19000...a launch @ 6k is beginning of the WIDE torque band/ top speed first(R1) 105mph.

I had a 2000 katana 600 w a steel frame, carburated that I never lost a drag race to a cruiser with. And that thing had around 45-50hp.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #68
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

I remember JaxBlack thought his vmax was da chit cuz its HP numbers were about the same as my busa after the MH dyno day.

I let him run w it all week then during the MH drag day I asked him what his first gear went to... told him mine went to 85. He looked blank. I reiterated w my torque and speed, he'll be shifting twice while Im in the same gear

Its the chess club trying to pick a fight w the jocks. Dam if some were built for one reason, others for other reasons. Eitherway both will graduate whether on merit or works
Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #69
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

im off my soap box... continue to challenge/make fun of eachother...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #70
fasthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
im off my soap box... continue to challenge/make fun of eachother...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUs8ZRyw5AI
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #71
rquirch
RQuirch

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

i've ridden bmx, cross, sport, and cruiser. i've never tried surfing because of the f*cking moronic attitude.

cross: i'm a badass
sport: i'm a badass and i'm so fast (and i drag knee)
cruiser: i'm a badass and my bike is so loud. (look at all my chrome)

This is why i ride mostly by myself. this thread just makes me feel better about it.

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea.

it's got two wheels, just STFU and ride it.

Last edited by rquirch; 08-10-2010 at 08:46 PM.
rquirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #72
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquirch View Post
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

i've ridden bmx, cross, sport, and cruiser. i've never tried surfing because of the f*cking moronic attitude.

cross: i'm a badass
sport: i'm a badass and i'm so fast (and i drag knee)
cruiser: i'm a badass and my bike is so loud. (look at all my chrome)

This is why i ride mostly by myself. this thread just makes me feel better about it.

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea.

it's got two wheels, just STFU and ride it.
How'd that get there?

Im calling out the harleys! Lets go to Mexico and have some straight line fun. PM me whenever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #73
R1Rider2009
R1

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
This is your proof and evidence? You're dumber then I thought...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #74
setfast

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX6R

yo faghog, you've earned 7 post so far, keep up the good work dumb dumb! i hope you ride more than you talk jiber jaber nonsense!
setfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #75
ccmatthews

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
k6 1000
00 cr250
02 wr426

Quote:
eventualy,if you can ride it. from the looks of those training wheel in your pic you might wanna rethink that statement.
not eventually but from light to light faghog
training wheels or wheel stands?
are you one of them ruhtarded kids?
ccmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #76
fasthog

another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0-E-KXWMs
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #77
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Harley1

Hardleys definitely corner well.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #78
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Rider2009 View Post
Real riders do their talking on the track or a twisty road. I've never seen a Harley show up at a CMRA race, let alone Racer's Road. Why is that?

120182d1226552878 motivational posters those who love bikes harley
A CMRA Race? Come on dumbass, Harleys wern't made for that. Thats like sayin you havent seen a SUV at a F1 Race before, duh! Dude Im not arguin with anyone here sayin this or that is better. And about your real riders doin their talkin on twisties and such, REAL riders dont talk period. They know that it dont matter what you ride as long as your havin fun and your gettin your kicks. Those are real riders! And Ill come out to Racers Road with my Harley just to kill this rumor, may not beat everyone but I will be riding having fun like your suppose to on a MC and not clowning and judging others bike or fastness, thats for attention needing . Dude stop judgin peoples choice in Brands and just ride a MC for the reason they were made. Seems like your one of those kids that got a "crotchrocket" to pull hoes and to look gangsta while pullin up to work/school and thinkin AHHHHHH yeah baby, Im the sh*t. Heres some advice, get on your bike, ride really really far away by yourself, come to know yourself and the beautiful world around you while you just cruise the roads with nobody but yourself. Fall in love with actual Motorcycle Riding and its true meaning. Thats Riding!

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #79
fasthog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRU43...ture=related:D
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #80
R1Rider2009
R1

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
And about your real riders doin their talkin on twisties and such, REAL riders dont talk period. They know that it dont matter what you ride as long as your havin fun and your gettin your kicks. Those are real riders! And Ill come out to Racers Road with my Harley just to kill this rumor, may not beat everyone but I will be riding having fun like your suppose to on a MC and not clowning and judging others bike or fastness, thats for attention needing . Dude stop judgin peoples choice in Brands and just ride a MC for the reason they were made. Seems like your one of those kids that got a "crotchrocket" to pull hoes and to look gangsta while pullin up to work/school and thinkin AHHHHHH yeah baby, Im the sh*t. Heres some advice, get on your bike, ride really really far away by yourself, come to know yourself and the beautiful world around you while you just cruise the roads with nobody but yourself. Fall in love with actual Motorcycle Riding and its true meaning. Thats Riding!

Advertisement