MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Harley Stranded

Southwest Freeway HOV lane just outside 610
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why i got stranded... DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 07-07-2014 03:18 PM
NEED HELP! STRANDED wesleh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 09-15-2011 12:51 AM
stranded in austin kpar21 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-22-2011 02:05 AM
Help I'm Stranded. Honda Mami Off Topic 2 03-19-2011 07:14 PM
Stranded Slvr04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-21-2005 12:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
hahahahahhaha !
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
hahahahahhaha !
any turdblo updates?
__________________
freak20brothers



Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
humbleassassin
χαμαλός
 
humbleassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KingWood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,214

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(





Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
LOL
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Repost?
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
any turdblo updates?
am doing another one soooon
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
zerobounds
Captain Concussion
 
zerobounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,279

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
70









yawn
__________________
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






..
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
zerobounds
Captain Concussion
 
zerobounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,279

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
70









that's actually quite sexy.
__________________
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
that's actually quite sexy.
mean, big bore Nallin Performance 1250 10.5 motor, re-worked buell xb heads, 585 cams, 8#boost = drag bike like burnouts at a twist.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
fasthog
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25












Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
fasthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles
 
Nightster Ridester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,664

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead




Member Garage





Thats why you see Harleys daily with over 50,000 miles.....Sportbikes rarely make it past 25,000 miles before their totalled, blown engine or just not runnin.
Yes you always see Harleys leaking,smoking or just beat to , but its becuase most of the time the dude on it has put more then 50-100k miles on it and its a 70-80's Model. Dont fix it if it aint broke lol
__________________

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #15
fasthog
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25












it got quite, ^
fasthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!
 
Rachy Rach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 552

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(






Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
This continues to back my theory that 95% of Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% actually made it back home
__________________
If the bullshit and stupidity would stop, I'd stop being a right along with it.
Rachy Rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









..
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #18
ccmatthews
Senior Member
 
ccmatthews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: crosby tx
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 190

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
k6 1000
00 cr250
02 wr426







sweet pic, you sure showed him
ccmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #19
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Thats why you see Harleys daily with over 50,000 miles.....Sportbikes rarely make it past 25,000 miles before their totalled, blown engine or just not runnin.
Yes you always see Harleys leaking,smoking or just beat to , but its becuase most of the time the dude on it has put more then 50-100k miles on it and its a 70-80's Model. Dont fix it if it aint broke lol
So my old Hawk GT with over 40K on it, my old 98 VFR with over 60K, and my old Triumph Tiger that I had with over 60K were flukes I guess? Granted, I didn't put all those miles on them, but 25,000 miles and they are all ?

Nah, not really.

BTW, here's a shocker, my old Duc 900 SS/SP has over 25K on it and running strong with its new owner. And I did put most of those miles on that one.

It's the owner, not the bike.

PS I like Harley's, just don't think I'll own one for a long while, unless it was a street tracker that is. Too many rugged individualist that all look alike
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 08-09-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #20
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Thats why you see Harleys daily with over 50,000 miles.....Sportbikes rarely make it past 25,000 miles before their totalled, blown engine or just not runnin.
Yes you always see Harleys leaking,smoking or just beat to , but its becuase most of the time the dude on it has put more then 50-100k miles on it and its a 70-80's Model. Dont fix it if it aint broke lol
Let us know when you see a Goldwing stranded
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy