MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #41
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Of course, my mom and I are partial to gixxers. I think the 04-05's are a great choice. I think its Depravation that's selling his sister's bike on here? It wouldn't hurt to look.

FWIW, I used to be in love with the R6 till I sat on one. That's the most uncomfortable piece of angular artwork ever. Honda was my absolute second choice and I was 110% sure I was getting a CBR next. I still have not ridden one but would love to one day.

Then one night we were out and I sat on Herf's gixxer. I fell in love with it immediately. I kept thinking, THIS is a gixxer? I hopped off and back on at least twice looking for that something we all hate about gixxers lol... About a year later, I went out and got one. Now I can't imagine riding anything else.

Might also wanna ask Pyrobug. He went from a Kawi to a gixxer here recenly.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track bike suggestions image0r General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-30-2012 01:18 PM
Buying a new bike , suggestions any one ... sunnygsxr General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-28-2011 11:29 PM
New bike suggestions. Redux General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 01-08-2010 01:22 AM
my bike...any suggestions??? FastLife1K General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-22-2009 10:42 AM
new track bike suggestions monkeyfist General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-17-2008 12:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #42
Fredo
alFREDO ...like the sauce

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
03' 600RR
03' 636 (SOLD)

I haven't ran into any problems with my CBR. Only complaint i have is that i'm really limited to how much i can lower it, but your lucky doesn't have to worry about that. The other complaint is the seat, but you can always buy a replacement seat with more cushion. Your welcome to take it for a ride to see about the comfort as far as riding position.
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #43
texasgiant815
The biggest on 2 wheels

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07' GSXR-600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post

my only complaint of my zx6r was that it was noticeably heavier than other bikes I have sat on oh by the way I'm 5'9 160 lbs
short

ohnoes416234
texasgiant815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Of course, my mom and I are partial to gixxers. I think the 04-05's are a great choice. I think its Depravation that's selling his sister's bike on here? It wouldn't hurt to look.

FWIW, I used to be in love with the R6 till I sat on one. That's the most uncomfortable piece of angular artwork ever. Honda was my absolute second choice and I was 110% sure I was getting a CBR next. I still have not ridden one but would love to one day.

Then one night we were out and I sat on Herf's gixxer. I fell in love with it immediately. I kept thinking, THIS is a gixxer? I hopped off and back on at least twice looking for that something we all hate about gixxers lol... About a year later, I went out and got one. Now I can't imagine riding anything else.

Might also wanna ask Pyrobug. He went from a Kawi to a gixxer here recenly.
That bike is on my list of prospects
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #45
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

636.... Better midrange power then the R6 and gsxr600, more comfortable and better looking to boot....get the metallic blue if you are a real bad . The tach on the 636 does suck though....Add a Raptor or Harlan shiftlight FTW.

Plus be different.... EVERYONE has a 05-10 gixxer....they are great bikes but have no f'n character, all look the freaking same.... I couldn't tell you what year or size half of em are....they all look the same...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #46
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

I HATE CRAIGSLIST A WASTE OF TIME
Hi ,
There are 11732 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. it comes with a clean title and the price I'm selling it for is $2780, which is including all charges. I used to live in Dallas TX but I'm currently working in the UK (London) and I'll be moving here permanently within the next few months. The bike is stored at UPS warehouse the title and all paperwork is along with the bike in their possession. I'm using ebay for this transaction and the bike one to be delivered by UPS, so if you want to move forward with the purchase, let me explain you how they work and how we can proceed: to start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to eBay and they will notify you with all the instructions how to purchase the bike from me (payment, shipping, return policy etc.). after your payment was confirmed you can receive them in about 48 hours ( with tracking # ) . you will have a 14-day return policy starting with the day you receive the bike, so you will have the chance to test and inspect it before funds are released. if you decide to keep it, they have the Power of Attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days. anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
if you want to purchase it, I will be waiting your email so we can get started.
Please check my feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/the*ocean.
Thank You
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post

Plus be different.... EVERYONE has a 05-10 gixxer....they are great bikes but have no f'n character, all look the freaking same.... I couldn't tell you what year or size half of em are....they all look the same...
you have a point
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #48
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Try them on for yourself. Once you own it and ride it, you become partial to it regardless of which brand, color, style, year etc.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #49
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
I HATE CRAIGSLIST A WASTE OF TIME
Hi ,
There are 11732 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. it comes with a clean title and the price I'm selling it for is $2780, which is including all charges. I used to live in Dallas TX but I'm currently working in the UK (London) and I'll be moving here permanently within the next few months. The bike is stored at UPS warehouse the title and all paperwork is along with the bike in their possession. I'm using ebay for this transaction and the bike one to be delivered by UPS, so if you want to move forward with the purchase, let me explain you how they work and how we can proceed: to start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to eBay and they will notify you with all the instructions how to purchase the bike from me (payment, shipping, return policy etc.). after your payment was confirmed you can receive them in about 48 hours ( with tracking # ) . you will have a 14-day return policy starting with the day you receive the bike, so you will have the chance to test and inspect it before funds are released. if you decide to keep it, they have the Power of Attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days. anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
if you want to purchase it, I will be waiting your email so we can get started.
Please check my feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/the*ocean.
Thank You
sounds like a scam!
When I was bike shopping, I swear I saw one everyday! I can't believe the FBI wants you to report it, but what really happens?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #50
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

You have to try each one and see what ergos fit you. To me, Gixxers are . I hate the way I fit on them, yamis arent good either. Honda and Kaw feel right. If you arent comfortable, it isnt worth .

They are all fast, they all handle beyond what 90% of us can dish out, they are all reliable.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #51
rip wolfe
REALLY, NO REALLY?

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 gixxer 750
08 hanna montanna cruizer! (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
anything but a Yamaha
+1
Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #52
rip wolfe
REALLY, NO REALLY?

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 gixxer 750
08 hanna montanna cruizer! (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
636.... Better midrange power then the R6 and gsxr600, more comfortable and better looking to boot....get the metallic blue if you are a real bad . The tach on the 636 does suck though....Add a Raptor or Harlan shiftlight FTW.

:gest ure:
just dont ever try to sell it kawi resale sucks!! i have an 09 gixxer and i have added alot of extras so no they dont all look the same! no matter what bike u get they are mass production and they will all look the same from the show room! its what u make it with add ons etc! 636 is a great bike dont get me wrong. would love to have one! but if "everyone" has a gixxer then something must be good about em!! a good way i go about trying to decide on a purchase is look what types of bikes, have more listings and those are usually being sold due to an unhappy owner who wants something diff.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #53
Jefe

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

My first choice for a 600 would be Honda. I had a CBR for the longest and regret selling it. It was more comfortable than the cruiser i have now! Rode my friends Gixxer while I was between bikes, and it was the most uncomfortable ride for me.
2nd choice would be an R6.

Last edited by Jefe; 09-08-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #54
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

my r6 was pretty uncomfortable but i got used to it. but thats a biased opinion because ive never really rode another sports bike. first few weeks you ride, your palms hurt a little because your weight is leaned onto your palms.

but i love the way the r6's look

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #55
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

If you like torque (and don't we all) try riding a SV650. Super fun in the twisties, I'm so glad that I let my bf talk me into getting one. Best $3500 I ever spent!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #56
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Ok, just read the whole thread.

If it's between a kawi and a GSXR, and you're looking for something affordable and easy for commuting the GSXR seems like the better choice. They're everywhere so you can get a used one cheap and there's a flood of parts for them on the market. For me being a bit on the small side (5'4" 110lbs) the GSXR is easier to manage and more comfortable than the kawi, but I can tell you that commuting on it, just like commuting on any supersport, was literally a pain in the , and I have a lot of natural cushion so I can't imagine how flat reared people manage it. The kawi, like everyone else said, is a heavier, more solid bike with a slightly higher center or gravity. Have you thought about what you're looking for performance-wise?

Also, do you have any friends with a GSXR6(have you considered a 750?)/ kawi 6 (636 or zx6?) that would let you test ride? Everyone can discuss it all day but it really comes down to how the bike feels to YOU.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #57
CHEF D

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona SE

yeah i would say go with a naked bike or a katana for the commute.

"You went full , man. Never go full "
CHEF D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #58
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

I picked up a 03 636 a couple of weeks ago bike rides like a champ.
Quote:

Advertisement