MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #141
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
^^LMAO^^
here you go......

this is way back when i used to be all over the place....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUNDAY MORNING RIDE SW BLAKE81 Events, Meets and Rides 4 05-13-2012 07:23 AM
W SW Sunday Morning Ride Aug 28 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 37 08-30-2011 02:32 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Aug. 15 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 153 08-29-2010 11:36 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Aug. 01 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 146 08-05-2010 10:53 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Nov. 08 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-06-2009 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #142
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

^^great video buddy..... we had a blast that day just me and you going back and forth..... your bike sounds pretty cool man^^
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #143
R1Rider2009
R1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2008 Victory Vegas Low (sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post

Cool video! I'll have to ride with you guys pretty soon. I've tuning on the suspension my last couple times out and have my new suit and boots in the mail.

We need a Katy meet point for the Sunday morning ride so I don't have to ride 20 miles to Sugar Land and 20 miles back up to I-10.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #144
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

You can actually just meet us at the exxon station in between fulshear and brookshire around 9:20am!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #145
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

I know you guys only ride on Sundays. I'm only open on Sat mornings. Are you guys considering Racer's Road and Crabb River "twisties"? Do you guys ever go to Fayetteville or 3090? It sounds like you guys do a few runs and call it a day. Just want to know what to expect if I ever make out there with you guys.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #146
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^we usually just do RR and call it the day, Fayetteville is a lot of fun but too long of a ride for us that have to spend time with family or work past noon, we usually like to finish no later than 11am so we can make it home before it gets too hot out there.^^
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #147
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

I hear ya on the family situation. I have to get back quick too. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #148
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I know you guys only ride on Sundays. I'm only open on Sat mornings. Are you guys considering Racer's Road and Crabb River "twisties"? Do you guys ever go to Fayetteville or 3090? It sounds like you guys do a few runs and call it a day. Just want to know what to expect if I ever make out there with you guys.
i'm going out on saturday if you wanna get out. we're going to 149 up at north to the forest road.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #149
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Quote:
man i think the concept was pretty good but it was poorly executed you left out some of the good parts, too many straights and too few turns..... and where is that shot of me passing you?
Sir Sunday Rider, there is alot of footage, I had wed's footage of a Route which was 40 mins of continuous footage, so it takes a lil more time to pick & choose what I want to use in vid. Next, your pass was "not that epic" its just a pass, SDW's pass was a lil better at least he passed me "IN THE SAME LANE" not in the on coming lane like YOU and FLOYD... I was riding my lane's using the proper cornering techniques, a pass is just a pass unless you are in the last lap going for the "PODIUM" Now That is dramatic... Non the less I respect everybody's riding very good gentleman.. It would be nice to see at least "1" of you guys on OUR ROUTES. The Twisties takes , but our ROUTES takes "KING KONG NUTS".
Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #150
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
here you go......YouTube- ‪FRANKS'S DUCATY.wmv‬‎

Nice chase vid... Ayo Frank, good speed and cornering technique.. Sir Floyd, you did good staying on his tail.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #151
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
"KING KONG NUTS".
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #152
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^I always use the other lane to pass slower riders, it's too risky to pass in the same lane due to the fact that not a lot of riders out there can hold their lines so it leaves little margin for error..... the other reason is that not a lot of riders are comfortable being passed in their lane, some might even get spooked if you pass them that close so out of respect for the other riders i prefer to use the other lane when its open for passing, safety is our top priority so we only pass when the other lane is open and safe for passing, but next time i will make sure to pass you in your own lane for that dramatic effect that you are looking for, i have no problem with that if you are cool with it, just make sure you can hold your lane while i am passing you and post the videos when you get home...... Lastly, imo riding the twisties takes more skills than (more turns than straights) and doing the night routes takes more than skills (more straights than turns and thrown in traffic and darkness into the equation), to each their own..... both are equally fun!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #153
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
^^I always use the other lane to pass slower riders, it's too risky to pass in the same lane due to the fact that not a lot of riders out there can hold their lines so it leaves little margin for error..... the other reason is that not a lot of riders are comfortable being passed in their lane, some might even get spooked if you pass them that close so out of respect for the other riders i prefer to use the other lane when its open for passing, safety is our top priority so we only pass when the other lane is open and safe for passing, but next time i will make sure to pass you in your own lane for that dramatic effect that you are looking for, i have no problem with that if you are cool with it, just make sure you can hold your lane while i am passing you and post the videos when you get home...... Lastly, imo riding the twisties takes more skills than (more turns than straights) and doing the night routes takes more than skills (more straights than turns and thrown in traffic and darkness into the equation), to each their own..... both are equally fun!
.........YO FRANK!! lets do what SDW and Tony1K did to me when they passedme like i was standing still......lololol
just JK.....no need for that, most of our rides are very friendly unless you think that you're the $hit.........
but like frank said, i rather pass you on the other lane because i have more room for error, Cornerjunkie you should know what that means.....your buddy PANDRAGON was doing snake sig sags and we couldn't pass him safely... just find the right time and make sure that there is no cars or bikes coming in the other direction and you're good to go, how ever like frank said.......we can pass on your lane but dont cry when we scare the $hit out of you people when we fly by you........

RIDE SAFE GUYS!!

p.s. i really like riding with you guys......is very friendly and safe.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #154
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

^^hahaha^^

Yeah man i have a great time every time i come out and ride with the group! To some it might look crazy but to me it relaxes me a lot hitting those corners at triple digits, feels good to be able to lean the bike and rail those corners and get ready for the next one.... man can't wait for next Sunday!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #155
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
^^hahaha^^

Yeah man i have a great time every time i come out and ride with the group! To some it might look crazy but to me it relaxes me a lot hitting those corners at triple digits, feels good to be able to lean the bike and rail those corners and get ready for the next one.... man can't wait for next Sunday!
next year i'm thinking about putting the R6 on the track and keep it there.
its going to be my track bike!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #156
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

just for ninja!!

here is your video baby!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #157
RTM Invicto
RM|79

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
ZX-2 Prototype
07' ZX-10R

Quote:
^^hahaha^^

Me 2, but I could not wait that long, I am out here right now in the pitch black just me &my HID's, Routemaster says I must hone in my spiritual epicness, "when you can master blind cornering in the dark you will see how to go faster..."

- Pandragon -
"Just Bring it!!!"
Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #158
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
.........YO FRANK!! lets do what SDW and Tony1K did to me when they passedme like i was standing still......lololol
just JK.....no need for that, most of our rides are very friendly unless you think that you're the $hit.........
but like frank said, i rather pass you on the other lane because i have more room for error, Cornerjunkie you should know what that means.....your buddy PANDRAGON was doing snake sig sags and we couldn't pass him safely... just find the right time and make sure that there is no cars or bikes coming in the other direction and you're good to go, how ever like frank said.......we can pass on your lane but dont cry when we scare the $hit out of you people when we fly by you........

RIDE SAFE GUYS!!

Thank you sir Floyd, I ride with honor, Frank is funny and he rides with ... I dont mind getting passed it does not bother me, its not like we are racing for Podiums or pink slips, on Routes I get passed by the 1000's its only 2 people I know can keep up with 1000's and they are 2 of the Route Masters, and for the most part sometimes we are filming. But, Honor and respect is most important to me.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #159
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
next year i'm thinking about putting the R6 on the track and keep it there.
its going to be my track bike!!!
R6 is an awesome track bike. I have an 07, same color as yours. I just got everything I need to ride it on the street because it's so fun to ride.... I'll bring it to the Sunday ride one day. I can go through the corners faster on it then I can the r1, it's light and easy to throw around.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #160
RTM Invicto
RM|79

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
ZX-2 Prototype
07' ZX-10R

Quote:

RIDE SAFE GUYS!!

Thats right, its called "The Dragons wag," lol I saw Rossi doing it and he had the whole grid doing it as he was because the wagging helps him setup for the next turn so he ends up having the best line for corner entry and defending his position at the same time. I will be faster next week, so hopefully I wont be blocking anyone from passing because we will be further apart...I cant wait!!!

- Pandragon -
"Freixenet tastes terrible"
Closed Thread

Advertisement