MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
My car got towed

for an expired inspection sticker.....WTF? Since when is your apartment complex the f*cking police. The thing that me off is that I got notice stickers on my windows last week. I went to the office and was like WTF? The car is operable, I drive it like 5 times a week and I'm working on getting the inspection (my e-brake light was stuck on) fixed. No problem sir, we'll let the towing company know. I come outside this morning and it's gone......
Good thing I got the bike for transportation.....:BangHead: :BangHead:
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle being towed sullivan General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 04-25-2013 07:31 PM
bike towed.... MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-15-2008 11:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

you better your car back ASAP, storage fee's at wrecker lots add up quickly.

their property, their rules.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
^^^^^^ so ture sorry to hear what happend! did u go back to the complex and tell them thanx fukers!!! ???
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

so assuming I get the car back, the car still won't pass inspection (haven't had a chance to put in the new brake sensor switch) and I bring it back to the complex. They gonna tow it again?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
^^^ they usually only do one round of towing.

My apartment complex did that. though there is a BMW that has been there for ever. the tires still have air so i guess they just left it alone. (anyone want that car? its from the '80s)
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #6
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
have you talked to the complex yet? and which complex is it?

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

office doesn't open until 10 or 11 and the complex is managed by Aimco property management.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #8
slim

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 R1
zx7r street fighter
95 shadow 1100

thats BS if it was in the complexs parking lot that would be private property so your complex would have to say its ok to tow it off. you should talk to the owner of your complex and see whats up.
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #9
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

that's ****ing lame! sry to hear bro
Old 07-11-2006, 09:07 AM   #10
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

Dan that sux! So they walk around the apt complex looking at cars inspection stickers...???
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim
thats BS if it was in the complexs parking lot that would be private property so your complex would have to say its ok to tow it off. you should talk to the owner of your complex and see whats up.
I checked my lease and it's in there, but come on....I did a quick walk in 2 lots of the complex this morning while I was on a tyrant with the towiing company. I must have seen 3 or 4 cars with expired registration and inspection and one car had reg., but no inspection sticker period. WTF?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Ouch! That does suck. I assume they would only do that in general parking area? As in, not the reserved parking? That's the first time I've heard of an apartment doing that. I know WHY they would do it though. A friend of mine used to keep TWO older, unregistered cars at his complex besides his daily driver. He would have been a perfect candidate since he was using the parking lot as a storage lot. hehe

Just curious. In your first post you said you told the apartment managers that the problem was fixed. In your 2nd post you said you still haven't replaced the switch. How much time elapsed between telling them it was fixed, until it got towed?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
Ouch! That does suck. I assume they would only do that in general parking area? As in, not the reserved parking? That's the first time I've heard of an apartment doing that. I know WHY they would do it though. A friend of mine used to keep TWO older, unregistered cars at his complex besides his daily driver. He would have been a perfect candidate since he was using the parking lot as a storage lot. hehe

Just curious. In your first post you said you told the apartment managers that the problem was fixed. In your 2nd post you said you still haven't replaced the switch. How much time elapsed between telling them it was fixed, until it got towed?
My first post says I was working on getting the inspection taken care of and I let them know last week (the day I got the notices) that I was aware that my inspection was out of date. I think they do it to tow abandoned cars as well, but I think registration that was just renewed would be a good indicator that the car is still in use and operable.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #14
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee
So they walk around the apt complex looking at cars inspection stickers...???
That is what I was thinking!! Nuts, sorry to hear this happened to ya!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #15
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Bltch at your apartment manager and they might split the bill with you. A girl I'm friends with got her car towed for parking in a reserved spot a week after she moved in. They did this because it was barely marked and they explicity told her that she could park anywhere in the garage, and the 'RESERVED' letters looked old and faded.

What complex was it?
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
My first post says I was working on getting the inspection taken care of and I let them know last week (the day I got the notices) that I was aware that my inspection was out of date. I think they do it to tow abandoned cars as well, but I think registration that was just renewed would be a good indicator that the car is still in use and operable.

Oh ok.. I guess I just assumed there was a period left out after the word inspection and read it that way cuz you can't really 'fix' and inspection. lol

Quote:
I'm working on getting the inspection (my e-brake light was stuck on) fixed.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #17
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

same happened to me a few years back. Apt complexes suck . My car didn't start, couldn't afford to get it fixed, so it sat parked. Sticker expired and couldn't take it to get inspected cuz it wouldn't start. So, i got one of those orange warning stickers. A day after I get tagged, someone breaks into my car. Supposedly he got the "ok" from mgt to do so. So, I go to the office ask them not to tow cuz the cops were gonna come by to check out what happened. They said "ok, sure we won't tow," then the next day, it was gone. I couldn't do , spoke to all kinds of mgt, and they denied that they weren't gonna tow. So, end of story is that it got towed, went to the lot, got my personal belongins, and signed over the title so I wouldn't have to pay the $200+ in fees.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #18
firegirlqn

Bike(s):
None, But come January......

Send a message via AIM to firegirlqn Send a message via Yahoo to firegirlqn
There is usually a "curtesy" officer that lives in the complex that reports sh*t like that to the office. My husband has a 1964 Caddi Coupe Deville, and when we lived in an apartment complex they threatened to tow it as well. The inspection sticker was from like 1986, LOL.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #19
allmotorcivic1

Honestly I dont think its the aparment copmplex doing it I think its crooked tow truck drivers....Think about it how would the office know your sticker is experired during business hours...when your at work most complex offices don't open until like 9 or so...but you find a orange sticker on there in the morning...before business hours..just my 2 cents but I could be wrong
allmotorcivic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #20
Runner

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
SOLD

The reason that they tow cars that have expired SI and tags is because they are not a dumping ground for old cars that some ppl would like to leave there. they will also tow for cars on flats. I'm not saying your car is old but some ppl will park anything they can and some, have been known to move and leave there cars there. This is where you live at and they try to keep up the appearances. A lot of home owners have the same rules in area neighborhoods
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement