MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #21
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hey - don't get down. You don't have to stop posting just because you don't have a bike! And it's only temporary - just keep your thoughts positive on getting an even better bike in the future when work picks up and you're doing better. Stay positive!
+1, I had to sell my bike 3 years ago due to having a baby and moving, I kept checking in on the forum and it kept that hunger for another bike alive. Now I have a newer better one and life is good. Hang in there and don't be a stranger.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gonna be getting a bike what should i get? Please help DrakeB General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 03-02-2014 01:48 PM
Gonna ride down to Galveston, how bad are things for bike security? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-16-2012 05:26 PM
Sweet Bike - Gonna blow fools away next season Timme' Taking it to the Track 22 12-15-2008 08:47 AM
bought a bike and wow.can't seem to get the title....sumbody is gonna get hurt soon.. Houston'sK5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 07-30-2008 06:27 PM
gonna buy another bike tomorrow Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-16-2007 01:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
Yea.. everyone that says i'll go back next year ends up not going.. So don't let it wait.. just go.
Exactly!

When I got out of the military I got a job as a ticket broker, I made 20 an hour and was able to go to pretty much any game or concert in the houston area. it was an awesome job. and my boss wanted to keep me there cause I was a good worker.

All he did is tell me that my college education was not going to make more than he was paying me. that I was going to fail. I finally put in my two weeks and that was two years ago and I have not worked a day since.. I have made more money not working than I did working.

Either way, do not ever let someone tell you that college needs to be stopped. Just keep positive and it will all come together if you work hard for it.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #23
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

props to you for putting your family first
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #24
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
Yea.. everyone that says i'll go back next year ends up not going.. So don't let it wait.. just go.
if it was just him i would say cool but with your fam depending on you. you gotta do what you gotta do. take a job any job full time and just do a class or two online for right now.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Exactly!

When I got out of the military I got a job as a ticket broker, I made 20 an hour and was able to go to pretty much any game or concert in the houston area. it was an awesome job. and my boss wanted to keep me there cause I was a good worker.

All he did is tell me that my college education was not going to make more than he was paying me. that I was going to fail. I finally put in my two weeks and that was two years ago and I have not worked a day since.. I have made more money not working than I did working.

Either way, do not ever let someone tell you that college needs to be stopped. Just keep positive and it will all come together if you work hard for it.
and it was just you not a family.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1000 View Post
Where was that pic taken?
gss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #27
SeenTooMuch

Bike(s):
98 cbr 600

Unfortunetly, school can not wait. I have to to have another level of certification by the end of next year, or I will lose my curent one. My state cert expires, and I dont have the CE hours to re-cert. Not to mention that another symester of school will give me a pay raise.

Yes, my bike is on the right. That was at the track in or near Hitchcock. we rode down there via crabbriver road for some parade laps. Had a freakin blast.

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?!
SeenTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #28
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

as mentioned there is a time and place. i hope the best for ur family first, and once the time is right ,hopefully u can get back into biking. u can even use it as motivation or a goal to get back into riding in 2 - 3 yrs. if u can save up enough

btw, 500's are a blast, no way u looked silly on that thing !!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Wishing you have a bright future in family life, work & returning to the bike world eventualy.
Stay positive !
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #30
SeenTooMuch

Bike(s):
98 cbr 600

Well, deed is done, bike sold. $1750 for an 01 ninja 500 with 21k miles and a serious need for new tires. Good deal, since I only paid $1100 for it.

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?!
SeenTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenTooMuch View Post
Well, deed is done, bike sold. $1750 for an 01 ninja 500 with 21k miles and a serious need for new tires. Good deal, since I only paid $1100 for it.
congrats man! i'm happy our bikes hold their value at least that much

in about a year or so i might be lookin to upgrade mine, so if u wanna upgrade from purple to black paint, i'm ur man!

Advertisement