MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #21
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Houston Fire Fighters have lost about a handful (5) of firefighters in the last FEW (2) years from OTHER VEHILCES HITTING THEM....JUST ANOTHER YESTERDAY

http://www.khou.com/home/Houston-fir...-99760879.html

RIP BROTHER Johnnie Williams Station 71-C

Pic of Bike on website

SAN LEON, Texas A motorcycle rider died Monday after after his bike was hit Sunday by a pickup that apparently ran a stop sign. The accident shut down three blocks of FM 517 near 27th Street in San Leon for several hours.

San Leon Fire officials said the 46-year-old man on the motorbike was headed east on FM 517 at about 4 p.m. when a red Ford 150 truck pulled out from 27th Street. The bike rider was unable to stop or avoid a collision, officials said.

The impact of the collision sent the motorcycle over a guardrail and into a wooden fence.

The bike rider was wearing a helmet, officials said.

The unidentified rider was taken by air ambulance to John Sealy Hospital at the University of Texas Medical Branch where he was undergoing surgery Sunday night. He was listed in critical condition.

San Leon Assistant Fire Chief Scott Lyons said the motorcycle rider is a Houston firefighter. Officials had not been able to confirm which firehouse in Houston the man worked at, Lyons said.

The man driving the truck was not injured. Officials on the scene said it appeared the truck driver ran the stop sign.

The Texas Department of Transportation is investigating the accident. The Daily News was unable to confirm if the truck driver had been cited or charged in the accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
that's bad. Very sorry to hear that.

Hope he comes out of it alive.

My bad.... I guess he didnt make it out alive.

Rest in peace.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good big brother/Evil big brother: You decide Coolhandsluke General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-18-2014 04:00 AM
Good guy, good lawyer CaffeineRacer Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 0 08-30-2012 12:19 AM
Sadly we have lost Marco Simoncelli in MotoGP ....................RIP ZaXoS General Discussion (Moto Related) 107 11-07-2011 07:34 PM
we've lost another good one. RACER X Off Topic 6 12-24-2009 02:39 PM
RIP to the guy that got murdered tonight camaroz2866 General Discussion (Moto Related) 125 06-13-2008 01:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are with the Williams family. We need to stay abreast of what happens to Mr. Holden and see if the judge lets him plea bargain. If so we need to take a call to action and write letters to the courthouse. A drunk driver with an expired license needs to be served a just sentence for taking a life. Read that he was charged with intoxicated manslaughter and had an expired drivers license. Bail $50,000 for intoxicated manslaughter and $5,000 for the expired license. Not nearly enough for the loss of a life, by a drunk driver.
That about sums it up.. Right out of the comments. Drunk.. no lic... This guy needs to go to jail for the rest of his life for something this stupid.. Or I think firing squad would do ok too.

Rip to fallen firefighter & rider
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #23
gradplanner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
This may be a little psychotic, but I bet if riders were able to carry pistols when riding their bikes, cagers would be miraculously healed of their blindness to motorcycles. It is amazing to me how I can see a motorcycle on the road, and those that have never ridden one can't.
This leather shop has a case you can put on the side of bike for rifles. I wonder if you can modify it to carry a pistol grip shotgun. Just a thought. Anyway, not a bad idea. And a few guys I ride with have pistols.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 AM   #24
gradplanner

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

RIP. It's sad that this guy has spent years risking his life saving lives pulling people from burning buildings/houses/etc only to be killed by a lunatic in a cage.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #25
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

This sucks. Why can't the bottom feeders be knocked off as opposed to the
people who actually try to do good.

Gods Speed to the rider and condolances to his loved ones.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #26
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

rip......
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
Counterculture
Resident beatnik

Bike(s):
Victory V92. Someday an S3 in flat black

So I arrive at work to this. Another early departure, and another brother firefighter. Prayers to family and friends.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #28
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #29
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
That about sums it up.. Right out of the comments. Drunk.. no lic... This guy needs to go to jail for the rest of his life for something this stupid.. Or I think firing squad would do ok too.

Rip to fallen firefighter & rider
Probably will, Intoxication man slaughter is a 2nd degree felony, Hes probably gonna get a minimum of 5 years, not near enough i know...
Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
SeenTooMuch

Bike(s):
98 cbr 600

RIP.

I used to work EMS in that area. I think(Im not totally sure) I went to a car accident on 517 near 27th a couple of months ago for a red f150 that pulled out in front of another car, causing him to go in the ditch. So that guy just doesnt watch, and now hes killed someone. He was obnoxious too, cops gave him the classic hospital or jail, and from his actions, nearly chose jail. wouldnt co-operate for anything.

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?!
SeenTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
Tumper
Hullo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Johnnie will be missed, he was very good friends with some friends of mine and I knew him personally as well. Very sad indeed, he was one of the good guys...

Advertisement