MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 AM   #21
gradplanner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 Gixxer 1000
02 Kawasaki Meanstreak-sold
94 Kawasaki ZX7R-sold
2009 ZX10-Coming in December

Prayers sent. Hope he pulls through.
gradplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lots of info on what kind of bike to start off with, but what about info on upgrading phrenetiK General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-08-2013 06:32 PM
Another Rider Down- looking for info Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 03-16-2012 02:24 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider down.... Info needed ASAP BabyGirlGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 90 08-14-2009 03:08 PM
New Rider looking for info curioustoknow New Riders and MSF Course Info 22 12-30-2007 08:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidkarma View Post
Okay here it goes. yes the rider is tony m. my cousin. Apparently the only rider to stop for him was a guy named lonnie i think? I'm sorry if i spelled it wrong. Right now it is unclear where he wrecked at exactly, only tony and lonnie would know that answer. My other cousin's and i were wondering if lonnie bailed on tony after calling ems or if he went with him to the hospital, cause it seemed he was the only person to have talked to my aunt (tony's mom). It seems like from what we're hearing, either just lonnie was there, or everyone else bailed after calling the police. We're just trying to figure out the circumstances of the accident, and how he could've wrecked.

Well to keep ya'll posted, he is still in the icu, i just got home from visiting him. He's still unconscious somewhat, but he's doing alot better. He would be out for like 20 minutes or so, then wake up partially for about 30 seconds to a minute and can hear us, and acknowledge our questions. He wont stay up completely though, and just falls back asleep for another while. Visiting hours are now different i think, i have heard 10am to 10:30am, 1pm to 1:30pm, and 7pm to 7:30 pm for those who wish to see him. He is still in the icu so visiting times are short. I will keep yall posted for when he wakes up and they move him to a room.

He is a member on the board, i forgot his screen name. He's been out to MNM a couple of times. black 2000 tundra pretty beat up. with a honda 50. so if yall know him through there then that's him. Tomorrow i'm going with my cousin and our uncle (tony's dad) to go pick up his bike so it'll be interesting to see what shape it's in. Again i will keep everyone posted on his situation if you wish to know, thanks for all of your prayers and our family hopes for a fast recovery.
Lonnie called me Sunday morning telling me what happened that he was the only one out of the riders that stopped. He was with Tony at the hospital all night long and hadn't gone to sleep. He called me around 10am Sunday, telling me he just got home to catch some sleep. So from what he tells me Lonnie was with Tony at the hospital, and he didn't bail.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
stupidkarma

well to whoever asked he's nw side. And thank you to Lonnie for staying with Tony. We would still like to talk when ever we see him at the hospital. Today he woke up for a little bit in the morning. He was asked what was his name and he replied with his full name, and he knew where he was at, so it seems okay. He fell back asleep probably because his body needed the rest to keep on healing. Either that or he just keeps on falling back asleep because of the pain. He was scheduled for a ct scan to make sure nothing is wrong with his brain one last time tonight. If everything is normal then he will be moved to a regular patient room.
stupidkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #24
stupidkarma

btw i know this is a random question but, who has his helmet? we want to keep it for him to show him as a reminder, but for some reason ems did not bring it in with all of his other belongings.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #25
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

helment

u can pm me who ever has his helment we can meet up with u at ppl
drksollomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #26
stupidkarma

Alright, well tony has woke up some today, and is talking to people so he should be fine. Like we suspected, he knows he's in the hospital, but has no memory whatsoever about the crash.

Last edited by stupidkarma; 08-04-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #27
stupidkarma

only one rider stayed with him by what we have heard. everyone else supposedly kept on going.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #28
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

From my experience, riders that leave from PP1 for a 610 ride don't always know each other. They just say "short route" and whoever is down, gears up and lines up. Once on the freeway, throttles open up and rear view mirrors become useless. I'm sure each rider is only worried about what's in front of them, not behind. Unless someone actually saw him go down in their rear view mirror (unlikely if it was on a curve/exchange ramp) they wouldn't even know he went down.

Luckily there was someone behind him, if not who knows how long he'd be laying there before help came along.

Glad he's coming around though...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #29
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Definately glad someone stayed with him Prayers to him for sure on the recovery......I hate to hear this... sad but its reality... .Prayers to your cuz

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #30
stupidkarma

yea i was thinking that at first. until someone told me most of the time if someone doesn't specify they are going home before the ride, and they go missing at the end, they take another lap to see if they went down.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:08 AM   #31
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

How is your cousin doing?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #32
stupidkarma

he's doing better. but like all wrecks he's going to need time to heal. still a little confused about minor things because of trauma i'm guessing. but he still recognizes people and is coherent.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #33
stupidkarma

okay well, tony's out of the hospital and back at his house. i know kinda late but i havent been on a computer for a while.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #34
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm really sorry to hear about your family , prayer's sent
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #35
SeaBasss

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

Sorry to hear about this, prayer's sent for a speedy recovery.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #36
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

hope he makes a fast paced recovery. prayers sent.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement