MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
stupidkarma

Feedback Rating: (0)

Rider down any info?

my cousin recently wrecked on his r6 and made it to bentaub sunday morning at 6. apparently all we could figure out from the doctor was that he is unconscious and he stilll hasnt waken up. he was wearing his helmet at the time of the accident but for some reason when ems arrived it was off of him. bike was found 100yds away from him so we dont know what happened. we dont know where he wrecked and was just told he made it to bentaub. we didnt figure out untill about 10 that night. anyone have any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks. r6-black with red pinstripe. 07 i think with a carbon yoshi. i know popular bike but a description is a description.
stupidkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lots of info on what kind of bike to start off with, but what about info on upgrading phrenetiK General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-08-2013 06:32 PM
Another Rider Down- looking for info Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 03-16-2012 02:24 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider down.... Info needed ASAP BabyGirlGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 90 08-14-2009 03:08 PM
New Rider looking for info curioustoknow New Riders and MSF Course Info 22 12-30-2007 08:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
NeedySV

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV1000K6

Hope he pulls thru! Keep us updated with any news please.
NeedySV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Sorry to hear it. Sad story, for sure. Get welll wishes and prayers sent to the family.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Is this the same guy that was said to go home with just rash, asian guy with tattoos on his back?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

sorry to hear. These threads are becoming too frequent
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Is this the same guy that was said to go home with just rash, asian guy with tattoos on his back?
I don't think so; that was Floyd's friend and he had already talked to him and known him to be home with rash.

This must have been a different accident. too many lately. I suppose his helmet could have just come off in the impact - another rider commented about that recently.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

may keep all of us salf.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

I know a guy named Tony (early 30s asian guy) with an either 06 or 07 R6 Dark gray with red penstripe on black wheels that went down this weekend. With exhaust. I rode with him once and my friend was with him saturday night/sunday morning when he crashed. No gear just a helmet. From what my friend tells me he has major road rash on his back and is in the hospital. Thats all I know about. He was riding a route they call the "short route" with a group of riders from starbucks on westheimer and my friend didn't see the accident but he thinks he lowsided taking a turn on a freeway overpass. He was with him when the accident happened and says he was knocked out when he went to help him but still had his helmet on.

Again this is just what I know from what my friend told me.

Last edited by ivancuriel; 08-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

sorry to hear buddy... keep us updated please!

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

that is my boy please anybody know anything else text me at 713-933 8343 were always together when we go to pp1 i ride a red gsxr 600 im trying to contact his family member right now.
drksollomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
ecclissiass

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 (stolen)
2005 Honda CBR600RR (traded)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (wrecked)
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ducati Diavel (dream bike #2)

Member Garage

myself and another friend went to visit him yesterday at Ben Tuab (4E). Yeah, that is Tony M. He was completely out of it when we saw him yesterday but the doctor said he was going to be fine. A couple of fractures (back, and shoulder) and a lot (ALOT!) of road rash. But fortunately he wont need any surgery. My prayers go out to him and his family. I was planning on going up to visit him again this Friday. Visiting hours are 1-130; 3-330; and 7-730.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
stupidkarma

thanks. well the over pass part he's told me he's had a couple close calls. apparently ems found his bike 100yds away. we're still waiting for him to wake up. still aint awake at the moment and i'm fixing to go see him right now.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #13
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
I know a guy named Tony (early 30s asian guy) with an either 06 or 07 R6 Dark gray with red penstripe on black wheels that went down this weekend. With exhaust. I rode with him once and my friend was with him saturday night/sunday morning when he crashed. No gear just a helmet. From what my friend tells me he has major road rash on his back and is in the hospital. Thats all I know about. He was riding a route they call the "short route" with a group of riders from starbucks on westheimer and my friend didn't see the accident but he thinks he lowsided taking a turn on a freeway overpass. He was with him when the accident happened and says he was knocked out when he went to help him but still had his helmet on.

Again this is just what I know from what my friend told me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidkarma View Post
thanks. well the over pass part he's told me he's had a couple close calls. apparently ems found his bike 100yds away. we're still waiting for him to wake up. still aint awake at the moment and i'm fixing to go see him right now.

Is this the same guy? Was he riding alone? If it is the same guy, weren't the other riders there too when the ambulance or police got there?

Man, sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he recovers well.

Keep us updated. Was he a member here on the board?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #14
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Is this the same guy? Was he riding alone? If it is the same guy, weren't the other riders there too when the ambulance or police got there?

Man, sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he recovers well.

Keep us updated. Was he a member here on the board?
From what I know my friend was the last rider in the group and tony was the 2nd to last rider slowing down for my friend (but they were still riding over 100+) when Tony crashed the only rider left to stop was my friend. From what I know everyone else kept riding not knowing what happened im assuming.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #15
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Hasn't that guy already posted on the site that he could pee on his own now w/o help or is that a different guy. The one that was on the beltway..

Either way.. sorry for the diverting... I'm sorry about you friend/family down. I haven't heard anything, but I will pray for his speedy recovery.. And the family's strength.. I PRAY too that none of you all have to pray for my family's strength one day. Sad to always be reading a rider down, but you have to out of love.. ya know.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Hbussa, different guy.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
stupidkarma

Okay here it goes. yes the rider is tony m. my cousin. Apparently the only rider to stop for him was a guy named lonnie i think? I'm sorry if i spelled it wrong. Right now it is unclear where he wrecked at exactly, only tony and lonnie would know that answer. My other cousin's and i were wondering if lonnie bailed on tony after calling ems or if he went with him to the hospital, cause it seemed he was the only person to have talked to my aunt (tony's mom). It seems like from what we're hearing, either just lonnie was there, or everyone else bailed after calling the police. We're just trying to figure out the circumstances of the accident, and how he could've wrecked.

Well to keep ya'll posted, he is still in the icu, i just got home from visiting him. He's still unconscious somewhat, but he's doing alot better. He would be out for like 20 minutes or so, then wake up partially for about 30 seconds to a minute and can hear us, and acknowledge our questions. He wont stay up completely though, and just falls back asleep for another while. Visiting hours are now different i think, i have heard 10am to 10:30am, 1pm to 1:30pm, and 7pm to 7:30 pm for those who wish to see him. He is still in the icu so visiting times are short. I will keep yall posted for when he wakes up and they move him to a room.

He is a member on the board, i forgot his screen name. He's been out to MNM a couple of times. black 2000 tundra pretty beat up. with a honda 50. so if yall know him through there then that's him. Tomorrow i'm going with my cousin and our uncle (tony's dad) to go pick up his bike so it'll be interesting to see what shape it's in. Again i will keep everyone posted on his situation if you wish to know, thanks for all of your prayers and our family hopes for a fast recovery.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #18
drksollomb

Bike(s):
triump daytona 675r
07 gsxr 600
03 specialized epic full susp.

and nobody saw nothing that was in frnt off him i know how he rides ,sombody had to saw somthing and when we go home frm routes we go home at the end of the routes,well wait tell he wakes up tomorrow.
drksollomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #19
Z1000
Z1K

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'10 Kawasaki Z1000
'03 Gixxer600 (sold)
'03 Harley Sportster (gave to bro)
pow pow powerwheels

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Z1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidkarma View Post
Okay here it goes. yes the rider is tony m. my cousin. Apparently the only rider to stop for him was a guy named lonnie i think? I'm sorry if i spelled it wrong. Right now it is unclear where he wrecked at exactly, only tony and lonnie would know that answer. My other cousin's and i were wondering if lonnie bailed on tony after calling ems or if he went with him to the hospital, cause it seemed he was the only person to have talked to my aunt (tony's mom). It seems like from what we're hearing, either just lonnie was there, or everyone else bailed after calling the police. We're just trying to figure out the circumstances of the accident, and how he could've wrecked.

Well to keep ya'll posted, he is still in the icu, i just got home from visiting him. He's still unconscious somewhat, but he's doing alot better. He would be out for like 20 minutes or so, then wake up partially for about 30 seconds to a minute and can hear us, and acknowledge our questions. He wont stay up completely though, and just falls back asleep for another while. Visiting hours are now different i think, i have heard 10am to 10:30am, 1pm to 1:30pm, and 7pm to 7:30 pm for those who wish to see him. He is still in the icu so visiting times are short. I will keep yall posted for when he wakes up and they move him to a room.

He is a member on the board, i forgot his screen name. He's been out to MNM a couple of times. black 2000 tundra pretty beat up. with a honda 50. so if yall know him through there then that's him. Tomorrow i'm going with my cousin and our uncle (tony's dad) to go pick up his bike so it'll be interesting to see what shape it's in. Again i will keep everyone posted on his situation if you wish to know, thanks for all of your prayers and our family hopes for a fast recovery.
Which part of town does he live on? And what does he do for a living? Hobbies? This will help us find out which member he is. I would really like to know, many many thanks, and I wish this tragedy the best outcome.
Z1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #20
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

sorry to hear about this. pray for a speedy recovery.

Advertisement