MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #21
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
I'm open for dialogue, but if you are not, there's nothing I can do, you can stop by the house anytime for your 30 bucks.
you obviously need it more thani do
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have a brake bleed vacuum I can borrow? bun1t General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-13-2011 06:59 PM
damper/rebound rod thingy 675 ArturoC How To's and Q & A's 5 08-11-2010 08:28 PM
the grabby thingy, not the twisty thingy!!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 11-05-2009 03:46 PM
Free Buell Neck Thingy Aggie General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-30-2008 04:40 PM
Missle blows up thingy majiger txferrari Off Topic 23 02-21-2008 12:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Suit yourself then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
Eric6R
Senior Member
 
Eric6R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 452

Experience: 4-8 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
wanted to change all the brake fluid, bikes got 20k miles. (new galfers were installed too)
i think this unnamed person didn't change out fluid in both calipers and/or didn't do it right. correct me if i'm wrong, but with a linked cal system, the cal where the line terminates is the last one to get bled?
either way, when it was first done, the brakes activated with a slight pull on the lever. a couple days later the lever travel is so far it nearly hits my knuckles (if i wore armored gloves i couldn't ride at all). i ride with 1 finger across the lever, my other fingers on the grip.
I have absolutely nothing to bo with this but, as a very mechanical person it seems your bike has an additional problem unless a new line is leaking. If it felt good when it was done and nothing is dripping now something else is wrong. Your brakes are not going to go from good to because it was not bled correctly, they would have never felt good. I would believe bleeding it again would make it feel better again, but only for a short time
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #24
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric6R View Post
I have absolutely nothing to bo with this but, as a very mechanical person it seems your bike has an additional problem unless a new line is leaking. If it felt good when it was done and nothing is dripping now something else is wrong. Your brakes are not going to go from good to because it was not bled correctly, they would have never felt good. I would believe bleeding it again would make it feel better again, but only for a short time
if i pull some more milky out today and send you a pic of it maybe then you'll believe it wasn't done right in the 1st place?
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #25
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,264


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






It is possible that a seal has gone bad in the master cylinder. It could just be from use or if the wrong type brake fluid were used it can cause the seals to fail. I wouldn't mess around until you can verify what has happened.
The post EricR made is correct, if they were good at first then they should have stayed good unless something else went wrong, leak, seal, etc.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #26
Grimace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,255

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1











This thread was misleading at best (how is 30 bucks for mechanic work "good money"???), and a very good example of jumping the gun. I'd have made a much greater attempt to get a hold of someone before making bad assumptions about them, especially if they already had a good reputation around here. And once I was certain they were me over, I'd come right out and challenge them directly rather than beat around the bush about it. Even if he did the work wrong, he is still standing by it by offering your money back or to fix it And if you think it is none of my business, you made it everyones business when you posted the thread. Figured I'd share my .02.

I'm just mad because I want my 5 minutes back. I criticized you, feel free to return the favor. Over opinionated is a common starting point.
__________________
Quote:
For a minute there I thought we were in trouble.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #27
Eric6R
Senior Member
 
Eric6R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 452

Experience: 4-8 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
if i pull some more milky out today and send you a pic of it maybe then you'll believe it wasn't done right in the 1st place?
I believe you could run a gallon of clear brake fluid thru it, and in a couple days its gonna look like that again. That "milky " is AIR and most likely is entering from the master cylinder seal.
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #28
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





So you called and left a voicemail at 11:04 am and since you didn't receive a call back by 1:26 pm he is "avoidin your calls"
__________________
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #29
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric6R View Post
I have absolutely nothing to bo with this but, as a very mechanical person it seems your bike has an additional problem unless a new line is leaking. If it felt good when it was done and nothing is dripping now something else is wrong. Your brakes are not going to go from good to because it was not bled correctly, they would have never felt good. I would believe bleeding it again would make it feel better again, but only for a short time
was redone, good again.
Quote:
So you called and left a voicemail at 11:04 am and since you didn't receive a call back by 1:26 pm he is "avoidin your calls"
1 call and a pm thursday
Quote:
And once I was certain they were me over,
the stripped bolt was prolly worth the cash i spent, i'll concede that.
it just sux i had to ride on bad brakes after it was done
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones

Last edited by craigntx; 07-31-2010 at 09:03 PM.
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #30
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







^ I dont know him personally but to his defense I also get voicemails WITHOUT having missed calls.

And I have to agree with people, when fluids were changed and it was good THEN, it had to have been something more than him doing a bad job.

I can't see how (esp on bikes) one can mess up a fluid change. I'm not close to good with mechanics and I got it done myself.
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #31
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
^ I dont know him personally but to his defense I also get voicemails WITHOUT having missed calls.

And I have to agree with people, when fluids were changed and it was good THEN, it had to have been something more than him doing a bad job.

I can't see how (esp on bikes) one can mess up a fluid change. I'm not close to good with mechanics and I got it done myself.
a missed voicemail AND a missed pm?

anyway i didn't plan to "call anyone out" with the thread i just wanted my redone. i didn't name names for the simple fact i'm not known here and this guy is. but it was redone and is great now. just rode the out of it brakes still good.
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #32
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







I dont have to defend him because I dont know him. I'm just saying that he could be saying the truth when he said that he didnt get a missed call but got a voicemail.
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #33
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
a missed voicemail AND a missed pm?

anyway i didn't plan to "call anyone out" with the thread i just wanted my redone. i didn't name names for the simple fact i'm not known here and this guy is. but it was redone and is great now. just rode the out of it brakes still good.
The Pm was responded with "Sure,let me see my schedule, we can probably do it saturday afternoon."

The call was made today at 11.04 am.

Just to clarify, again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #34
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








This thread is a good example of why it is sometimes a bad idea to help people.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #35
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
The Pm was responded with "Sure,let me see my schedule, we can probably do it saturday afternoon."

The call was made today at 11.04 am.

Just to clarify, again.
no reply to thursdays pm. just to clarify
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #36
MrT713
Grand Kushi
 
MrT713's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: sw/sugarland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 744

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track








Fwiw, not everybody stays on the forum all day and all night everyday. I know it sometimes takes me a day or two to get back with peeps. People get busy. And that voicemail thing is a croc. You can leave someone a voicemail without ever calling them. Let him make good on it before and complainin'. I'm sure none of us would intentionally screw another biker over, unless you're just an asshat.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #37
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
how is 30 bucks for mechanic work "good money"???),
$30 for an hour isn't good money?
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #38
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
Fwiw, not everybody stays on the forum all day and all night everyday. I know it sometimes takes me a day or two to get back with peeps. People get busy. And that voicemail thing is a croc. You can leave someone a voicemail without ever calling them. Let him make good on it before and complainin'. I'm sure none of us would intentionally screw another biker over, unless you're just an asshat.
it wasn't an intentional over. it wasn't done right. i had pm'd and called, no response. i gave up and found someone with a brake vacuum thing.
i'm sure there's plenty things chicken strip knows how to do well, just not bleeding brakes on newer bikes.
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #39
Grimace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,255

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
$30 for an hour isn't good money?
it is COMMON knowledge that a service departmentat an MC shop will charge around 70 bucks per hour. They look up how much time it is ESTIMATED to take and that is how much time they charge you for. It usually takes about half that time to complete. Do the math.
__________________
Quote:
For a minute there I thought we were in trouble.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #40
craigntx
team ftp
 
craigntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ravenite social club
Feedback Rating: (21)
Posts: 4,845

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen






Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
it is COMMON knowledge that a service departmentat an MC shop will charge around 70 bucks per hour. They look up how much time it is ESTIMATED to take and that is how much time they charge you for. It usually takes about half that time to complete. Do the math.
cycle stop was $50 hr last time, and i never had to bring anything back to them.
it's all water under the bridge now, as i found a certified tech thanks to this thread, so it was worth it.
__________________
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy