MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
TheBoss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 FLHX

Anyone make it to Columbus? And what was your thought of the Rally? I enjoyed packing the miles getting there (100 miles) but felt the event was uneventful. Could have been the high temperature that ruined it for me.
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TXORR race #6 Brunesmill (Columbus, TX) dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 04-23-2012 05:17 PM
Thunder on The River Bike Rally this weekend KEITH HUBBARD Cruisers Lounge 1 03-15-2011 11:08 PM
RALLY IN COLUMBUS TEXAS THIS WEEEKND KEITH HUBBARD Cruisers Lounge 0 07-29-2010 10:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #22
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Anyone make it to Columbus? And what was your thought of the Rally? I enjoyed packing the miles getting there (100 miles) but felt the event was uneventful. Could have been the high temperature that ruined it for me.
I didn't get the bike put back together in time.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #23
TheBoss

Bike(s):
2010 FLHX

You did not miss much... We ended up leaving around 3 and took the scenic route back but the long way! 71 towards Austin to 21 which is a nice to ride....but it was getting late and we cut off through 290 and headed back.
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #24
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
reasonable crowd for that area , not enough shade, need more events & booths.
hope it was good for the area's economy though.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #25
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I walked in for about 20 minutes, made one lap and left. The ride out there was nice.

Some lady was to me inside because she saw me w a group that rode in and apparently passed her conservative harley group and associated them with me. She kept going on and on without me saying so much a word until her husband (coincidently the quiet one and the one that unfortunately had to chauffer her around) told her that he use to ride with me in one of the church groups I started I then called her out on stereotyping and reminded her I rode in by myself and left alone. She got quiet really quick.

Agreed w the heat! And there wasnt alot to do once at the Rally. Appears that the concerts were the biggest venues at this Rally. The cafe in town was a nice stop to recharge and cool off.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #26
chrissoto
They all call me Soto

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'01 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Stolen)
'09 Honda CBR600RR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I walked in for about 20 minutes, made one lap and left. The ride out there was nice.

Some lady was to me inside because she saw me w a group that rode in and apparently passed her conservative harley group and associated them with me. She kept going on and on without me saying so much a word until her husband (coincidently the quiet one and the one that unfortunately had to chauffer her around) told her that he use to ride with me in one of the church groups I started I then called her out on stereotyping and reminded her I rode in by myself and left alone. She got quiet really quick.

Agreed w the heat! And there wasnt alot to do once at the Rally. Appears that the concerts were the biggest venues at this Rally. The cafe in town was a nice stop to recharge and cool off.

Way to go for sticking up for yourself dude!

Advertisement