MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

WTBorrow a lap timer for MSRH July 31st

Any one got a lap timer I can borrow or rent for a small fee? I want to use it for MSRH this Saturday July 31st. I know that Im still working on perfecting my BP but I would like to see how I progress thru the day.....any info is helpful

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lap timer The Hulk General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-03-2014 03:45 PM
SW Midweek Taco Run / Wed. July 31st. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 94 08-01-2013 09:01 PM
lap timer Ducsmine Taking it to the Track 2 04-15-2013 05:36 PM
15% OFF All Online Purchases until July 31st! TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 0 07-23-2012 12:51 PM
anyone need a lap timer? CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-06-2006 07:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
delacampos

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 R6S

in what level are you going to ride? i have one that i really dont use since i have a transponder but i just hate having to walk to the control booth to look at my times when its 100 degrees. i ride level 3 so if you ride like 2 or 1, we can swap out every session. if you are riding level 3 and you cant find one, you can use it and i'll just use my transponder. let me know.
delacampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacampos View Post
in what level are you going to ride? i have one that i really dont use since i have a transponder but i just hate having to walk to the control booth to look at my times when its 100 degrees. i ride level 3 so if you ride like 2 or 1, we can swap out every session. if you are riding level 3 and you cant find one, you can use it and i'll just use my transponder. let me know.
Werd Im in level 2..so that should work out perfectly but Im sorta confused? Whats the difference between a transponder and lap timer? I thought the transponder was a lap timer that kept track of your times as u pass the beacon?

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
delacampos

Bike(s):
08 R6S

transponder doesn't have a screen to read your times off of like a lap timer.
delacampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
gixxerman
Track Junkie Racing

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2002 GSXR1000
95 CBR900RR
89 ZX7R
YAMAHA RADIAN 600

yeah all the racers have the transponders. Most trackday peps just use the lap timers. BTW I got killer deals on some for next time when you decide to buy one.
http://www.track-junkie.com/XT-RACING_c26.htm
I'll be out at MSRH tomorrow to. I'm riding in level 3 though. Look for the blue gixxer with number 19 on it. If you get time stop by and say high. Have fun and see ya out there.

Need Body Work, Shorai batteries, Protection for your bike and body, Tire Warmers, Rearsets etc..? Come see us! We sale the top brands at the lowest prices around from Attack, Armour Bodies, Optimal Racing, Woodcraft, Forcefield, Chicken Hawk, Suzuka, Teknic, Sato Racing, Driven Racing, Arai, XT Racing and more!
www.Track-Junkie.com **Also swing by our trailer at all Fastline Motorcycle Events**
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement