MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #121
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
I think that's a little different.

My whole point is that the 1% types are all the same. They are a gang. All gangs are the same. They may have different intensities, but at the root they are all the same. Whether it is a patch or a colored bandanna, it doesn't matter. The thuggish mentality and wanton cruelty towards non-members not adhering to their made-up rules spans all gangs in all cultures. Turf wars...colors being "disrespected...it's all the same .

"This is their backyard"

No it isn't. They don't own . Plain and simple. Your wording makes it so obvious that you aren't on the same page as me when it comes to the reasons why I don't like them. Any of them. And that's fine. But just because I don't agree with you doesn't make my opinion less researched or inferior to yours.
Define gang. Most of them are considered Motorcycle CLUBS not gangs. They are called gangs by people that don't understand them and/or fear them. Would you call "Wild Hogs" a gang? My father was part of motorcycle clubs in his late teens and early 20s. He got out of it due to the wars and negative view that all clubs got due to the heated rivalries that went on back then. Most of that has died off. They may be wild and act stupid, but there are many on this forum themselves that do that without being in a club.

This is no different than the mindset of all Muslims being terrorists. Ignorant at the most.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe(er) now? gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-24-2009 11:36 PM
strap er down! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-22-2007 01:28 AM
HOW TO GET INTO AN ER FAST FastLine Off Topic 18 01-18-2007 10:05 PM
Baghdad ER CarbonJames Off Topic 16 05-23-2006 12:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #122
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #123
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Wow.........now you're really trying to stir the pot, aren't you. That's a discussion for a totally different thread that will never appear on Motohouston. And most likely something you really have no clue about.
No he's not. It really is a pretty apt analogy.
Quote:
I have nothing more to say on the issue of Motorcycle Gangs or Clubs. No matter what I say, if you don't agree with it then I'm the one who doesn't know anything. That stopped working in grade school.
Nobody said you don't know anything. You've made some statements which indicate your knowledge of the topic is inaccurate and we've tried to educate you. You, however, insist upon retaining your beliefs, regardless of the facts. You're free to do this.
Quote:
This whole thread is pointless.
To YOU.
Quote:
You and the other guy are Motorcycle Gang/Club fanboys who for one mysterious reason or the other aren't in fact a part of any Motorcycle Gang/Club (weird...isn't it?).
That's a of an assumption - and its wrong. I know for a fact a few of the people who responded to you and this thread in general are current or former patch holders.
Quote:
I'm not.
No .
Quote:
And never will be.
No, you probably wont.
Quote:
Have a good day buddies.
You do the same.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #124
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Wow.........now you're really trying to stir the pot, aren't you. That's a discussion for a totally different thread that will never appear on Motohouston. And most likely something you really have no clue about.

I have nothing more to say on the issue of Motorcycle Gangs or Clubs. No matter what I say, if you don't agree with it then I'm the one who doesn't know anything. That stopped working in grade school. This whole thread is pointless. You and the other guy are Motorcycle Gang/Club fanboys who for one mysterious reason or the other aren't in fact a part of any Motorcycle Gang/Club (weird...isn't it?). I'm not. And never will be.

Have a good day buddies.
You are the one that said "They are ALL gangs" and "All gangs are the same" The word "all" is a broad statement on something that you clearly don't know enough about.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #125
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
this tread got crazy for a couple pages
Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #126
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #127
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
I know at least 3 posters (including me) who are patch holders in an MC.
You GANG members are all the same.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #128
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
I know at least 3 posters (including me) who are patch holders in an MC.

start a mh 1%er club,
Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #129
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.haterz View Post
start a mh 1%er club,
You don't just "start" a 1%er club
Old 07-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #130
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 07-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #131
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
You don't just "start" a 1%er club
aight . this is a 1% club for 1% of mh. and only 1% of mh is allowed in. lol
Old 07-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #132
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Go for it. I'd pay to see that...
you would pay to look at my crotch?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #133
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

I'm a proud patch holder. Thanks Honordaddy movregil fir tryin but it's there point of view that won't change. We in clubs and @ club ms know there are bad apples and good apples. He'll clubs date back to first ww. The scene has changed ppl don't realize that.
Only real wars going on is out in California. Never really been a war in Texas. O well thanks again.

For u that really want to see club brotherhood for all clubs and independents just come to palmers ice house on I 10. Usually start @ 7. All types of bikes mc and beer. Come out join in. Coc and coi alike just there for the ride.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #134
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenphat View Post
I'm a proud patch holder. Thanks Honordaddy movregil fir tryin but it's there point of view that won't change. We in clubs and @ club ms know there are bad apples and good apples. He'll clubs date back to first ww. The scene has changed ppl don't realize that.
Only real wars going on is out in California. Never really been a war in Texas. O well thanks again.

For u that really want to see club brotherhood for all clubs and independents just come to palmers ice house on I 10. Usually start @ 7. All types of bikes mc and beer. Come out join in. Coc and coi alike just there for the ride.
Morvegil and I are both patch holders as well. I know there are a few others here.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #135
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606647

"A Thanks To The 's Angels And...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About 300 miles into a trip from Colorado to California, on Highway 50 near Delta Utah, I had a serious Oh Moment. I discovered that my wallet and checkbook were gone. Usually very careful about that stuff, never having lost anything before, I was complacent enough to not have an emergency stash. So here I was: about a quarter tank of gas, no cash, no cards, no .

Fortunate circumstance #1: Delta Utah, the next town, had a branch of my bank.
#2: I remembered enough numbers, answered enough questions correctly to get cash enough to buy gas to get home.
#3: I met a GS rider who offered me cash to buy gas, tho at that point I no longer needed it.
#4: After cancelling everything, restarting my trip, and returning to where I thought the lost items must be for another look, I met two cross-country bicyclists who said "hey did you loose a checkbook?", as they waved my checkbook in the air. Still no wallet tho...
#5: In California a week later I received an e-mail from my wife saying I had gotten a package in the mail from The Hells Angals in LA California but no further return info, mailed from Gunnison Colorado. She was suspicious and hesitated to open it.

At first I couldn't imagine what the heck they could be sending me. But then I realized it must be my wallet. Sure enough. Everything was still there: cash, credit cards, even my library card and drivers license.

Thank you to the unidentified riders who took the trouble to package, apply postage, and send it back to me. I dont know if you ever visit ADV but I hope this message gets to you some how.

I try to help out people on the road when I can. Once I gave away my spare gas to a stranded rather forlorn looking mother of two children, another time I was able to fix a riders flat and use my little compressor to air him up and get him going.

What goes around comes around. Pay it forward. Thank You ."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #136
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

That could never have happened. Hells Angels members only pick fights, drink booze, rob people, and rape women. We all know this. It must have been a mistake.... Actually that is awesome. There are good people out there in all walks of life. I once lost my wallet and it got turned in to the Sheriff's office when I lived in Tomball. They called me by the number on a moving violation in my wallet.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #137
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #138
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Ok.. about 4 or 5 pages in to this I got tired of reading. There's a lot of ignorance on both sides of this arguement, but both sides also stated a lot of facts. 3 teirs are gangs 4 teirs are clubs. Not all gangs are 1%. 1% are outlaws and generally have to do some radical to get that patch. If you are in a gang and that gang has 1%'s doesn't mean you have to be a 1%er. As far as drugs go and arms trafficing, the 1% gangs are very know for such. It's a fact. Get over it.. But it shouldn't be a judgment call on all the people in the gang or that are 1%. A statement was made that if more than 3 people meet it's a gang. If they have no purpose other than say riding, then a true statement by definition. So YES we're all GANGSTAS... lol Yes, this is just too funny to me. Even the comments on the masons (and yes I am on for some years now). Instead of being prejudice (by it's true definition), bias, and ignorant individuals (again by it's def or lacking knowledge), make decisions on individuals that you meet, not what you heard or someone else's call. I watch nat geo and history etc.. and the shows are very bias depending on who the producers are. I can also concure that some of the biggest advocates for motorcycle rights and lobbiest come from gangs vs clubs. And clubs get the idea of chariety from the gangs as they were doing it before clubs were around. Both MC and gangs have their place and if you take the time to ride with people (not looking at their affiliations) you might find someone(s) you enjoy riding with. Being in a gang don't mean not having nuts either. If you are a badass, generally you're going to hang with other badasses. (Birds of a feather flock together). People always feel more comfortable with like minded people. Weed smokers hang with weed smokers, fighters hang with fighters, nerds hang with nerds. (in larger groups that is)... Speaking of smokers.... (no I don't want any) but every where you look, in or out side of clubs and gangs there are people selling and using drugs. They don't need a bike to do it.. But we're the 'cowboys' of today... And the bad cowboy in all black was as glorified as the good cowboy in all white. You say cowboy, you get a certain image in your head.. Same with bikers.. Even if you say the dif between a harley, a crotch rocket, a cruiser... and so on.. from bad boy, old man, or young/dumb and full of..... etc..

All that to phukin say..... GET OVER IT AND FRICKEN RIDE! (we'll all make it a lot further riding together, then being divided.. Just like you already know.. easier seen in groups)

Advertisement