Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #81
didimao0072000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenphat View Post
But in the bandit s they have a motto one bleeds they all bleed or u hit one u hit them all. To me that shows brotherhood not being sissy or not backing up ur brother.
Hmm.. thatís an interesting creed to live by. Let me ask you this; if you have one member who is mildly retarded and is constantly getting into trouble, would you have to get that memberís back EVERY single time? Would that not bring the whole groups maturity/iq level down to the weakest link? Wouldnít social outings be awkward knowing that one slip of the tongue from ANY member may bring chaos and violence to the barbeque, Tupperware party or whatever events you guys happened to be at?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe(er) now? gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-24-2009 11:36 PM
strap er down! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-22-2007 01:28 AM
HOW TO GET INTO AN ER FAST FastLine Off Topic 18 01-18-2007 10:05 PM
Baghdad ER CarbonJames Off Topic 16 05-23-2006 12:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #82
bjaz54

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
In my experience, I have met good and bad 1%-ers. I've met, and am proud to be friends with, a few that I would trust with my life without a second thought. I have also met some that, well, lets just say they aren't people I'd invite over for dinner.

However - i've met those people in all walks of life - MC or not.

The one thing I have seen pretty consistently with a 1%-er is, they take their club - not just the colors, but the members, deadly seriously. They will do ANYTHING for a brother and can trust that another will do the same for them.

That is something you simply cannot say about just a random collection of riding partners.

Do they live by a different set of rules than most? Sure - but you'll find that in any subculture. Are they all involved in drugs? Of course not.

Are there some club members who make their living in drugs? I'm sure there are. Does the club endorse or support it? Nope - not at all.

The reason many of them end up on the FBI's list is simple - they put themselves out there as not conforming to society, placing the needs of their club over the desires of the general public and SOME of them do some bad things. You know - kinda like all motorcycle riders.

Your attitude about them is patently offensive though. Most of the ones i've met are some of the most trustworthy and honorable people I've ever known. I will readily admit though, that unlike some people, i don't instantly discount someone just because they might want to spark up a joint once in a while...

I think this is the most sensible and logical post yet
bjaz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #83
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #84
soultrain

i agree...
Old 07-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #85
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
We've obviously had different experiences, right? Isn't that called life or something? I've never since I was little met another member of one of the 1% motorcycle clubs that I'd trust with something as little as picking up my mail for me. That's my stance. If you need someone to have your back in a confrontation, you aren't man enough to be in it in the first place. That's how I've always lived my life.
Obviously we have. I'll remember that you don't need anyone to have your back.

Make sure you lose that "help" list from the forum OK? After all, since you don't want anyone's help, you should be OK with lugging that bike home on your back all by yourself when you break down somewhere...

Its not all about being there in a confrontation my friend. That's actually the LEAST of it. Its about being there when your bike itself at 3am in the rain. Being there to listen when a family member dies unexpectedly. Bringing over some extra food when a brother is going through some financial troubles. Getting a friend drunk and laid when his wife leaves him and he needs a friend to care. I could go on, but you just don't get it, and honestly, I doubt you ever will.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #86
soultrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
In my experience, I have met good and bad 1%-ers. I've met, and am proud to be friends with, a few that I would trust with my life without a second thought. I have also met some that, well, lets just say they aren't people I'd invite over for dinner.

However - i've met those people in all walks of life - MC or not.

The one thing I have seen pretty consistently with a 1%-er is, they take their club - not just the colors, but the members, deadly seriously. They will do ANYTHING for a brother and can trust that another will do the same for them.

That is something you simply cannot say about just a random collection of riding partners.

Do they live by a different set of rules than most? Sure - but you'll find that in any subculture. Are they all involved in drugs? Of course not.

Are there some club members who make their living in drugs? I'm sure there are. Does the club endorse or support it? Nope - not at all.

The reason many of them end up on the FBI's list is simple - they put themselves out there as not conforming to society, placing the needs of their club over the desires of the general public and SOME of them do some bad things. You know - kinda like all motorcycle riders.

Your attitude about them is patently offensive though. Most of the ones i've met are some of the most trustworthy and honorable people I've ever known. I will readily admit though, that unlike some people, i don't instantly discount someone just because they might want to spark up a joint once in a while...
i mean i agree with, THIS, statement...
Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #87
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #88
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Cool. I'm ON the help list for this site. I'm on the call list for people to call when they need help at 3am cause their bike is broken down. Don't talk to me about that man...you don't know what the you're talking about. I've helped my fair share of people. I just got a neighborhood kid's first bike running for him, spending my Sunday rebuilding his carbs and getting his motorcycle to run. I don't need some stupid patch on my back to make me the type of person that will help others out. That's the bullshit of these motorcycle gangs. The "brotherhood" doesn't mean anything when it's forced.
The "brotherhood" isnt forced. That you think it is indicates that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

YOU may personally think it is stupid. So be it - that's your choice. However, to make blanket statements about what it is, and is not, when you very obviously do not know is another story.

You also very obviously missed the point I was making about the help list. It isn't just about being there at 3am.

You don't understand what it is - and that's fine. You don't want any part of it - also fine.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 07-27-2010 at 03:47 PM.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #89
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I know you dont want to someone off wearing a Bandidos patch, thats for sure. There must have been 100 of them walking thick down the streets at the Lonestar Rally.

On a side note we should start an MH Gang, I will head down to CVS and pick up 20 boxes of psuedophedrine!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #90
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
I know you dont want to someone off wearing a Bandidos patch, thats for sure. There must have been 100 of them walking thick down the streets at the Lonestar Rally.

On a side note we should start an MH Gang, I will head down to CVS and pick up 20 boxes of psuedophedrine!
you can't, you can only buy 96 30 mg tablets. You can get them at Sams for 1.99, but only one at a time, and they swipe you license.

I am always congested and was really off when they did that.

The replacment Phenylephrine is what is now in sudafed. It dosn't work nearly as good for me.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #91
DrAwkwArD
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #92
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Its easier to buy from out of Country in large amounts.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #93
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Lets do this

Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #94
ravenphat
Voyagers mc VffV

Bike(s):
2009 zx 14
honda vtx 1800

I guess for me I choose the club I'm in becahuss that's who I am. I'm like a few here that understand the badges we wear. Atleast I know my clubs is there when I need them as I am for them. I didn't have to join no club to do this but I did. I am a known associate of a 1% club and I'm proud of that too. When a cop runs my liscense it says so. Does mean I'm a member just known them for a while.

Has one has put in here it's a brotherhood. That patch makes a stronger bond. In any club there is a prospect period when u earn the right to wear full colors u earned ur right to be called brothers or sisters.

Not all clubs are bad but there are the few. Going back to the 20s there have been clubs. The one in question in holister is still around. They are called the booze fighters. Today they are family oriented but still have wild sides of them. To me they r one of the true first mc @. All 1% that I know give them respect even though they have no diamonds on there vest. The gypsy r another group that have been @ along time with members world wide. They are not 1 % but they have same passion has all of us. That's to ride be free and have fun doing that.

I'm sorry that people judge any mc. They just don't know nothing about it. It more than brotherhood. It ur second family when u need one. They r there thru thick and thin. Help u out when u need help or a friend or family member needs help.

Judge all u want but don't tear somthin up till u been there. Like I said before there r motorcyclist activist out there fighting for or freedoms has bikers that weAr colors good or bad they make a difference for u the independent or the hard core riders. Look up the confederation of clubs or tmra 2 the us defenders they fight for all it rights. We could be like France biggest bike is only 400 cc would that be any fun. I don't think so but it safes lives over there less motorcycle fatalities. Over here they get run over.

Sputnik said it best no matter what u ride no matter colors r not we are motorcyclist.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #95
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
So what was the whole purpose of this thread anyway???
landon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 AM   #96
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by landon05 View Post
So what was the whole purpose of this thread anyway???
I would think it was curiosity.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #97
lightlord
Street ninjas four father

Bike(s):
two fiddie (sold)
79' cb650 (4-sale)
2005 636 titanium

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to lightlord Send a message via Yahoo to lightlord
Quote:
This thread went to chit after lightlord and ravenphat started crying in their cereal.

Here's the deal. A gang is a gang is a gang. Any way you slice it. If some members don't do drugs or illegal things, yet associate themselves with the scum that is known to do those things, they're scum too. Guilty by association.

Lightlord, you may think you're a badass, but don't threaten me with your veiled attempts to invite any members to your little motorcycle party at the Icehouse. Keep your e-thuggery to a minimum before you look like a bigger joke than you already do. Just because I don't have a bunch of friends and "uncles" in this state who are friends with people in a motorcycle gang doesn't mean I don't know about them. My uncle grew up in motorcycle gangs until he was about 35 years old. He quit once a bunch of scum bag motorcycle gang members shot my Grandfather's house and almost killed my great grandmother. So you for thinking you and your pal Ravenphat are the only people on this board who know what they're talking about.
im not e-thugging anyone. im sorry you think everyone is trying to start a confrontation.. thats not my intentions im actually inviting anyone and everyone to go to meet them to see what there like.. not call it like the discovery channel.... im sorry for your loss because the club or clubs up there where in a rivalry and took it that direction... but not all are like that... and thats my point... And yes i came back to this thread just beacause u said i was e thugging....i never once said i would start contribute or condone any violence to any of the members of this board especially not the s/e...

Renos FTW....
Soldier 8 years
Firefighter 10 years
Streetninja for life
lightlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #98
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

jesus... just let the thread die...
Old 07-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #99
bueller
future lotto winner

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

this thread will never, unless a mod has something to say about it. Man how can these people find time to be in a club. I barely have time to mow the freakin lawn. Get up daycare work pick up little girl dinner and shower its already 11. Just tell if I can get a 1%er patch at hot topic or spencers and I will put the patch next to my winne the pooh band-aid my daughter gave me
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #100
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
this thread will never, unless a mod has something to say about it. Man how can these people find time to be in a club. I barely have time to mow the freakin lawn. Get up daycare work pick up little girl dinner and shower its already 11. Just tell if I can get a 1%er patch at hot topic or spencers and I will put the patch next to my winne the pooh band-aid my daughter gave me
They MAKE the time.

No - you cannot buy a 1% patch.

Advertisement