Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 5

Best route Houston to DFW?

I'm riding up from Houston to Fort Worth on friday afternoon and rather than slabbing it all the way on 45, are there any better routes to take?
Or, are there any good detours along the way I should hit up?
Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston-Dallas route HDA Cruisers Lounge 4 06-14-2012 02:46 PM
Route Advice LA-Houston BigComfy Off Topic 23 08-19-2011 12:05 AM
New Route from Houston! Navajib General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 01-15-2011 04:13 AM
NW Houston to Austin route bdubb General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-11-2007 10:58 PM
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #2

Experience: 10+ years

2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled

pretty much 45 is the fastest and there is some nice parts of 45. I dont know the scenic back routes. I would stop no where as its to hot ill check my maps tonight. I live in Rockwall outside of Dallas.. Once you get close be careful teh cops are stupid in numbers up here.

Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

79cc mini cruiser

I don't know all the roads, but what little I have seen and looking at the map I would take 45 to Huntsville then 19 up through Athens. That would be my attempt on the way up there. Would take a little longer, but may give opportunity for good roads. I have taken some awesome roads further east out of Woodville hauling freight to OK city, but that will probably put you further out of the way than you are looking for.
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
if 100 people tell you that you're a fuhking idiot...odds are your a fuhking idiot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Honda Rider
Feedback Rating: (1)

08 CBR

Southwest out of Hoby! jk. For me it would depend on where I is headed.... Fort Worth, I'd cut more to the West and look for some back roads out that way...

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
I love nekkid midgets

Trackdays: 4

07 HD XL1200C

01 XR fiddy

Are you cagin it or taking your bike?

I had to make this trip a few times back and forth to Burleson, just south of Fort Worth, every fawking day for a week.

Take 45 N exit Hwy 179 towards Teague, go through Teague catch 84 to Mexia, when you get to Mexia, jump on 171 to hubbard, continue through to Hillsboro and it will put you out on 35 where it splits.

Now if you want a little more twisty ride, exit hwy 164 at Buffalo, run west to hwy 80 to Teague, in teague catch FM1365 to Mexia, then catch 171 to Hillsboro.

Overall it's not a bad ride, a few twists, some decent sweepers, Speed limit is 70 for the majorit of the way, you can clip along 10-15 MPH over with no problems.

I am actually considering this ride just for something to do on a weekend casue it was decent in my little car, could be fun on a bike. Last time I took this trip was about a month ago, and there was not any construction, I do not know if it has changed.
anatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 AM   #6
member of NO MA`AM
Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Honda CB919

Member Garage

45 to 247 to fort worth. easy breezy.
I kissed a girl and I liked it!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote