MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #21
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Yeah, I been tryin to do a weekend Ride but its been rainin for like 2 months now. The last week was the only decent one we had in 6 weeks. Its suppose to rain this Sunday as well, But its Texas, it might snow, it might rain, it might be hotter then two rats f*ckin in a wool sock.

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*NorthSide* SWC Bike Night 8/3 Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 42 08-04-2010 11:43 AM
*Northside* SWC Bike Night 6/15 Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 97 06-17-2010 05:13 AM
*NorthSide* SWC Bike Night 5/25 Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 61 05-26-2010 07:59 PM
*NorthSide* SWC Bike Night 4/27 Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 77 04-28-2010 07:32 AM
*NorthSide* SWC Bike Night 4/20 Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 41 04-21-2010 10:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #22
TJ636

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2003 636-SOLD
1997 FATBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Thats the thing that SEVERLY me off on the last Raffle is people being bout the Prizes. For one, People are always bout sizes and this is to big and this is too small and this is the wrong color, DUDE its a Raffle for Everybody, Im not caterin just to your sorry cheap . If I bought something to fit everybody that comes then I would be spending over 2k a month on it. I mean people, Grow up and stop being F*ckin Greedy and Unappreciative.
Second, what really me off are the people that wait till the VERY LAST SECOND BEFORE THE DRAWING and go by and put their tickets in every Item that has NO tickets or only has a couple just to insure they win that item even if it fits or not or if they need it or not, just to win something for the least amount of Money. Here lately its felt like a BETTIN GAME/SCAM. Everybody is missing the point of why I put this on. Im tryin to help people get geared up and teach safety while having a good time. I mean really, it it doesnt fit or something you will never use, dont put your ticket in for it. Let somebody that really needs it win it. Ive seen a bunch of people put a ticket in an items cup cause it had NO tickets in it and turn right around and sale it for profit or just flat not use it. F*ckin Grow up
/End Rant
Few thoughts

1. the tickets should be dropped in a container which is not clear
(eliminating the ability to win by default)
2. typically in raffles I see you dont really get the choice of prizes(drop all tickets into a single container and pull from the same box for prize A then prize B etc)
3. different price for raffle ticket for low, mid, and high priced items indicated by color. (chance for gloves tickets are $5, chance for helmet or jacket $10 or $20 each?

I enjoyed the raffle as it just happened to be my first time out there. Even won a jacket which came in handy since I didnt have one
TJ636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ636 View Post
Few thoughts

1. the tickets should be dropped in a container which is not clear
(eliminating the ability to win by default)
2. typically in raffles I see you dont really get the choice of prizes(drop all tickets into a single container and pull from the same box for prize A then prize B etc)
3. different price for raffle ticket for low, mid, and high priced items indicated by color. (chance for gloves tickets are $5, chance for helmet or jacket $10 or $20 each?

I enjoyed the raffle as it just happened to be my first time out there. Even won a jacket which came in handy since I didnt have one
1. The colored container is a good idea
2. I do it where people can choose their own prizes to put the ticket in for cause I hate when you go to a "Normal Raffle" and win a Girls Jacket or a Helmet that is 2 sizes too small. So I do it this way to help people win what they can use
3. Good idea, just seemed like too much work but I might try this out as well

Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #24
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636

look at the newbie coming up with good ideas
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
TJ636

Bike(s):
2003 636-SOLD
1997 FATBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
look at the newbie coming up with good ideas
Just hate to see a good thing go away.

Another thought might be tiers for items. buy 1-3 tickets you have a chance at items in section "A". Buy 4-6 tickets you have a chance at items in section "A" and "B". Buy 6 to 10 you get the point.

Bottom line is to offset the cost of the prizes and make a profit to continue to offer new prizes. Or it just stops all together.
TJ636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #26
DMack
Just getting by

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha haha

Hey billy I only suggested wolfies or papas because it is a ride. We did have a good turn out that night and it was fun. Some crazy stuff happend like one nut jumped in the lake. One nut flew by a po po. Sorry I have missed the meets lately. I have had my girls for the month but I will try to make this one. Who was that guy that flew by the po po last time anyway?
DMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #27
Jerzey
The Trickster

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

with all that being said. i feel that this is targeting me. the last 3 raffles i put my tickets in early. i did win alot of stuff but nothing big. except the jack that i dont need and will be giving it back. last time i won something that i did not even put my ticket in so i gave it to someone who didn't win anything. i will admit im greedy lol and i like icon stuff so u wont be getting that back.

now. im srry to say but odds are your going to win stuff at this raffle plain and simple. as long as ur participate and buy tickets, you will win. so the people that dont win or buy one ticket dont get mad when others win, they bought tickets and you didnt. next time buy some tickets!!!

i like tj's ideas and i think we should instill some of them. but blly you also have to do your leader roll and pull of or say something at the raffle about you needed more tickets or if there is one ticket for an item, that item will be removed.

id be more then happy to help buy things for the raffle. even if we need to go halfs on something really really nice. mybe a set of tires. Chinese fairing kit and so on, but then again we have to atleast break even before it is raffled off.

im srry if i ppl off, but if you look at it odds are in favor of ppl buying more then a few tickets, and a lil luck helps also lol
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
on a lighter note did someone say THC?
don't forget to bring a towel!

so you guys are not going from place to place each week anymore?

fwiw i don't think many of these paid raffle things last long, it's hard for them to be successful when you don't have very large crowds. rather than people buying tickets and spending a ton on prize, why not just give out one ok prize each week that was donated by someone or a sponsor and everyone that attends gets a shot at it, no need to buy/sell tickets?

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 07-19-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
with all that being said. i feel that this is targeting me. the last 3 raffles i put my tickets in early. i did win alot of stuff but nothing big. except the jack that i dont need and will be giving it back. last time i won something that i did not even put my ticket in so i gave it to someone who didn't win anything. i will admit im greedy lol and i like icon stuff so u wont be getting that back.

now. im srry to say but odds are your going to win stuff at this raffle plain and simple. as long as ur participate and buy tickets, you will win. so the people that dont win or buy one ticket dont get mad when others win, they bought tickets and you didnt. next time buy some tickets!!!

i like tj's ideas and i think we should instill some of them. but blly you also have to do your leader roll and pull of or say something at the raffle about you needed more tickets or if there is one ticket for an item, that item will be removed.

id be more then happy to help buy things for the raffle. even if we need to go halfs on something really really nice. mybe a set of tires. Chinese fairing kit and so on, but then again we have to atleast break even before it is raffled off.

im srry if i ppl off, but if you look at it odds are in favor of ppl buying more then a few tickets, and a lil luck helps also lol
What I said was not aimed at one person in particular, you said it correct......if you buy tickets you WILL win something. It seems like everybody that has bought more then a Couple of tickets has walked away each month with at least one item. But the Raffle WILL be different this coming up Month. Only a Couple Items, Solid Ticket Containers, Items with 5 tickets or less will be taken off and money reinbursed to the buyers of that ticket. Sorry guys, its kinda sucks but for this to continue it will have to be like this. But enough of that now, LETS TALK BOUT THIS WEEKS BIKE NIGHT

Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #30
Jerzey
The Trickster

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
What I said was not aimed at one person in particular, you said it correct......if you buy tickets you WILL win something. It seems like everybody that has bought more then a Couple of tickets has walked away each month with at least one item. But the Raffle WILL be different this coming up Month. Only a Couple Items, Solid Ticket Containers, Items with 5 tickets or less will be taken off and money reinbursed to the buyers of that ticket. Sorry guys, its kinda sucks but for this to continue it will have to be like this. But enough of that now, LETS TALK BOUT THIS WEEKS BIKE NIGHT
what bike night? the one tomorrow? the one u said might get rained out???????????
Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #31
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Yeah that one, ill be there rain or shine

Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #32
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

where? 3 Bs
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #33
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Yessir........
After this week we will try and do more "Ride Outs" to other places and events

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #34
Jerzey
The Trickster

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
where? 3 Bs
r u going to actually come???
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Might be an idea to meet up at 3b's then ride out to somewhere.. for the ride.. that could work..
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #36
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
r u going to actually come???
I dont know
Fredom of speech I can ask anything fugger...even if im not gonna come i can still ask questions
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
Fredo
alFREDO ...like the sauce

Bike(s):
03' 600RR
03' 636 (SOLD)

Sound Off!!!!!
1. Nightster Ridester +1
2. Dave C
3. Atexanone +1
4. Street Ninja
5. jerzey
6. TJ636
7. Fredman89

I've been wanting to take a ride up to the Lake. Now that its hot i wont trip about Cali jumping in the lake while waiting for food. How bout next week we meet at 3Bs as usual then ride up to the Lake if its not raining. If it is raining then we just stay at 3Bs
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #38
JustNick

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

... YES, he is ALIVE!!!!! .... See you tonight
JustNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
DLite
David

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

I'm out. I'm in the middle of changing tires.
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #40
Gilley
It

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R *sold*
1992 Honda VFR750

If y'all don't mind a 250 tagging along I might show up.

Advertisement