MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
risky_analyst

Feedback Rating: (0)

starcycle.com SUCKS!!

Don't buy from starcycle!!! They lie and don't deliever as promised. I had called to order my exhaust and they said i would have it by the end of this week. I called yesterday for a tracking number and they said to call today. I called during lunch and they said to call 5 hours later.. i called 5 hours later and they said to call tomorrow at 5:00 pacific time. I asked why they didn't have my tracking number. They said it was just shipped out today!!! why was it just shipped out today??? I order the exhaust last saturday.. they were open yesterday.. i know.. i called them.. geez.. they suck a big one.. i just did a search on svrider, and they are notorious for lying to their customers.. i hate them and will never buy from them.. it's not just the delay, it's the attitude I had with them

Here's some hate mail that I should have checked out first.
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/s...ight=starcycle
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83413
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ight=starcycle
http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17467
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=39667.0

Last edited by risky_analyst; 07-06-2006 at 09:36 PM.
risky_analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This sucks bdmpastx Off Topic 23 03-21-2014 12:14 PM
well that sucks RACER X Off Topic 5 06-18-2010 03:08 PM
[houston sucks]I hate rain[/houston sucks] Slowkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-24-2006 12:37 AM
This sucks... 50cc chick Off Topic 27 08-28-2006 10:37 PM
This sucks!!!!!! YankeeR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 07-08-2006 07:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
TDragon

Bike(s):
2003 636 (sold)/2002 R1

I bought my exhaust from them when I had my 636. They price match the lowest price you can find. However, it took them 2 weeks for the manager to approve the price. I was having trouble getting a tracking number from them, because they claimed that all their orders are on paper work and it'll take them time to find it.

I did get my exhaust weeks after I order it, but their customer service does sucks.
TDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

with electronic UPS Worldship, you get a tracking # as soon as you hit the process button, so they should've been able to give you that right away..

AND that's why I and you also should stick to the local shops and support them, unless it's an ungodly savings from the net..

thanks for the warning tho
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
risky_analyst

yeah it sure does.. price is important, if i knew how much of a pain in the they really are, i would of spend 5 bucks more and went somewhere else.. i mean.. come on.. just be honest with me and don't give me broken promises...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
risky_analyst

i unfortunately searched after the purchase and found those other remorseful buyers ...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Red

Member Garage

I had the same issues with Sum of all Parts recently. I ordered some rear sets from them because of the special offer that they would buy my OEM rearsets for $100, well the parts had to be dropshipped because they didn't have them after they sold them to me. I got the parts no problem but when I shipped my OEM sets back to them they couldn't come through with the $100 they promised. They passed me around with the call back later and the I lost the paper work and all that. Long story short I finally got my money a month and a half later. Customer service seems to not be the most important thing to a lot of companies now days.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
TDragon

Bike(s):
2003 636 (sold)/2002 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I had the same issues with Sum of all Parts recently. I ordered some rear sets from them because of the special offer that they would buy my OEM rearsets for $100, well the parts had to be dropshipped because they didn't have them after they sold them to me. I got the parts no problem but when I shipped my OEM sets back to them they couldn't come through with the $100 they promised. They passed me around with the call back later and the I lost the paper work and all that. Long story short I finally got my money a month and a half later. Customer service seems to not be the most important thing to a lot of companies now days.
I think this is a rare case, I heard good things about them.
TDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #9
Red

Member Garage

I had good luck with them till I had to get money back from them.
ordered several chain and sprocket kits etc. before with no hitch but they popped attitude fast and put on the dumb act when it was time to give cash back.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
risky_analyst

I'm not an active member of this site, but i am a motorcycle enthusist. My purpose of this post is to warn future buyers of what I've experienced and what others have as well.

I posted this response on the other sites as well with my reasoning..

i don't wish that they go out of business.. I just want them to improve their service.. deliver what was paid for at a time that was promised without lies.. that's all.. i think that's fair. If enough of us stop purchasing, maybe they will get the hint and treat their customers with respect.. there are too many venders to treat your customers like $hit. Price is important, which they do have good prices, but service counts just as much especially if the difference in cost is about $5 bucks. I purchased from them for 3 reasons. 1) it was the cheapest, 2) they said they had it in stock 3) i've never purchased from them and wanted to try them out... reasons why i wouldn't purchase from them again. 1) rude customer service after purchase 2) lying about delivery date 3) giving run around with tracking number 4) too many other customers having same poor experience as me.. which i found out after the fact as i was doing research.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

thanks for sharing your experience, and welcome to MotoHouston.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #12
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
thanks for sharing your experience, and welcome to MotoHouston.
+1, but he's been a member for quite some time, he's just not a postwhore. from my dealings with risky, he's a good guy. sucks about the customer service though, at least you got what you paid for.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #13
LowNSlowNeon

Member Garage

Not even a year isn't quite a while!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM   #14
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNSlowNeon
Not even a year isn't quite a while!
When you compare him to some of the females on here that have a month on the site and over 1500 posts....yea i guess he has been here a while.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
LowNSlowNeon

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6
When you compare him to some of the females on here that have a month on the site and over 1500 posts....yea i guess he has been here a while.

True true....

Attention whores!!! (some)
Old 07-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #16
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Or the males with 6000+ in a year?????
Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #17
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

back on topic, thanks for the heads up
Old 07-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #18
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Well on a lighter note:
My positive experiences with 3 companies
I've bought from KneeDraggers.com and Motorcycle-Superstore.com and they've always been quick on the shipping. KneeDraggers sent me a 520 front sprocket instead of a 525 due to a mix up in part numbers (their fault). I called them to resolve the problem and they sent me the correct sprocket '2nd day air'.

I bought some Frank Thomas boots from CycleGear. The toe slider screw came out a week after I bought them. I called FrankThomas (not the guy, the company) - long distance to the UK. They sent me a bag of screws and toe sliders for free.

That's how you get repeat customers.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement