MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #21
kpoera2003

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R1
'06 R6
'02 GSXR-600
'02 R6

I have a r1 and I ride a friend's r6 all the time (i also owned 2 r6 and a gsxr600. Sitting position feels pretty much the same but the r6 feels a lot lighter and easier to handle.
kpoera2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suit Sizing - What fits you? EquinsuOcha Gear Talk 15 10-16-2013 09:56 AM
Tire sizing help OpnCskt General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 02-06-2012 01:31 AM
Noob question (sizing) LRD Gear Talk 14 06-25-2011 11:06 PM
Icon helmet sizing AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-20-2010 07:29 AM
teknic boot sizing quicksaveme Gear Talk 0 02-15-2009 11:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
ive owned both a 600 and a 1000.. brands of bikes will fit everyone differently.. kawi's tend to fit taller people better.. and when your a short , Suzuki tends to be the better choice.. so if your really interested in getting another bike, shop around and sit on different bikes. theirs no real different size wise between a 600 and 1000
Old 07-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #23
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I had the 600 for almost a year and put 10,000 miles on it. The inspection, registration and warranty were about to expire. I wanted to buy the extended warranty on the 600 but instead of putting that money into it, I traded it in because Stubbs made me an offer I couldn't refuse
Wow that's alot of miles...glad it all worked out for you.

Squoddy, yes I have taken MSF and I have ridden for over 2 years and I am 29 years old, not some punk kid. MSF and having trouble differentiating between the physical sizes of the bikes...dumb to compare but I can appreciate you trying to be funny.

Someone mentioned the seating position making it feel different. Maybe the older cbr1000 i sat on allowed me to feel more stretched out and thus the bike felt more accommodating. Thanks for all of the input. I don't have any friends who ride 1000s much less bikes and I work a lot and don't have time to go driving around sitting on bikes and being annoyed by salesmen. I wish I did though
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #24
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
i do not understand whay people think the 600s are smaller than the 1000 they are about the same size and even the weight is not all that diffrent.
exactly. we're talking inches - if that.

I love the, "I need a 1000 because I'm too big for a 600" argument. They're near the exact same size nowadays.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

Own both and in general, no real difference in size or ergos within the same product line (GSXR vs GSXR, ZX vs ZX, etc). But the power peak and delivery have a marked difference between the 600s and the 1000s.
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #26
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by typehxr1 View Post

Squoddy, yes I have taken MSF and I have ridden for over 2 years and I am 29 years old, not some punk kid. MSF and having trouble differentiating between the physical sizes of the bikes...dumb to compare but I can appreciate you trying to be funny.

Someone mentioned the seating position making it feel different. Maybe the older cbr1000 i sat on allowed me to feel more stretched out and thus the bike felt more accommodating. Thanks for all of the input. I don't have any friends who ride 1000s much less bikes and I work a lot and don't have time to go driving around sitting on bikes and being annoyed by salesmen. I wish I did though
The '05 1k had a fairly wide tank as far as sportbikes go. That may be why it felt roomier to you. However, thats not a characteristic of 1ks....just that bike. My '07 gsxr 1k was significantly more narrow than my old roommates '05 cbr 1k.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #27
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by typehxr1 View Post

I was really not trying to be funny - just trying to get background on you. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious as to how you managed to total your first bike. You didn't mention ownership and riding of any other bike, either. Naturally I assumed you to be a punk kid just wanting a bigger bike. You're not really THAT big - but you should be comfortable on whatever you are riding - I suggest you stop worrying about the make and size and find a bike that you are comfortable on regardless of the engine size. If it's comfy you'll ride more.

10k miles in a year ain't pewp - Bevo hardly ever rides.

^^that was my attempt at humor.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #28
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

And I understand your delimma - I'm VERY short, so I have to have a bike that I can lower enough to be able to touch the ground. I am Suzuki's .

Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #29
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
And I understand your delimma - I'm VERY short, so I have to have a bike that I can lower enough to be able to touch the ground. I am Suzuki's .
SV650 fail. They're taller than a gsxr600.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #30
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Got an 08 CBR1k never owned a 600, I'm tossing around getting a cbr600 as a second bike idk... I'm 5'11 200# and comfortable on the 1k, I ride my wifes ninja 250 and my legs get kinda crampy and the seats alot harder...
Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #31
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
SV650 fail. They're taller than a gsxr600.
Not MY SV650 - I have GSXR lowering links and a GSXR front end AND 2" shaved off the seat. YOU fail. You know nothing.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #32
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Not MY SV650 - I have GSXR lowering links and a GSXR front end AND 2" shaved off the seat. YOU fail. You know nothing.

I know that you have big boobies!

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #33
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

lol Its all in peoples heads, you tell them its a 600, they're like ohhhh its kinda snug and "little", you tell them its a 1000 and they're like this is good and alot "bigger" lolololol Same F*ckin size homie. If it makes you fell better slap a 1000 over the 600 and your mind will take over the rest

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #34
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
I know that you have big boobies!
*sigh*

<-----------Those are not my real bewbs.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Get what you're comfortable on - the more comfortable you are the more you'll ride. The more you ride, the more experienced you'll become. If you've been riding a couple of years pretty regularly and feel confident you can handle the powah, then get the 1k and don't worry about what other people think. Besides, I have always heard that both 600 and 1k are similar size.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 AM   #35
lightlord
Street ninjas four father

Bike(s):
two fiddie (sold)
79' cb650 (4-sale)
2005 636 titanium

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to lightlord Send a message via Yahoo to lightlord
i ride a 636 i hoped on my dads gsxr 750 and it was a bit fatter but lower to the ground and for me the pegs where too close to the seat. it isnt about the size of the motor it is about your comfort.. BTW im 5'10" and my dad is 5'7" go figure im more comfi on my kawi.. stop thinking envy and start thinking comfi... you cant slap a rubber band over it and still say u got a magnum holmes.....
Soldier 8 years
Firefighter 10 years
Streetninja for life
lightlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #36
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
then get the 1k and don't worry about what other people think.
Yea, well I think 1k bikes are for homos, so there. Oh wait, never mind
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #37
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightlord View Post
i ride a 636 i hoped on my dads gsxr 750 and it was a bit fatter but lower to the ground and for me the pegs where too close to the seat. it isnt about the size of the motor it is about your comfort.. BTW im 5'10" and my dad is 5'7" go figure im more comfi on my kawi.. stop thinking envy and start thinking comfi... you cant slap a rubber band over it and still say u got a magnum holmes.....
quote of the year

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #38
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
*sigh*

<-----------Those are not my real bewbs.
lies!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #39
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I bet that wasn't the answer you wanted. You say you look stupid on a 600 and everyone tells you a 1000 is the same size. Now no matter what you ride you will look stupid. Just kidding. You should get a busa or a big sport touring bike like a Honda VFR, Triumph Sprint, BMW K1200. They are still about just as fast and are much bigger so you won't look like a circus bear on a bicycle.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #40
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I bet that wasn't the answer you wanted. You say you look stupid on a 600 and everyone tells you a 1000 is the same size. Now no matter what you ride you will look stupid. Just kidding. You should get a busa or a big sport touring bike like a Honda VFR, Triumph Sprint, BMW K1200. They are still about just as fast and are much bigger so you won't look like a circus bear on a bicycle.
I'm only 6', but my dad is 6'4 and 230# and said it was much more comfortable than his blackbird to him. Not to mention smoother. Lacks the nuts his BB had but still plenty of power to have fun.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement