MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #41
Street Ninja
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
another runner towman13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-27-2010 09:18 AM
another runner towman13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 07-26-2010 07:59 AM
another runner. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-08-2006 07:06 AM
another runner RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-09-2006 03:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #42
towman13

Bike(s):
2015 HD Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Maybe if wrecker drivers didnt fly down the shoulder and generally act like they "own" the road when responding to an accident then i would not have a problem with them. But since 95% of wrecker drivers break 6 or so law every single time they are in route to an accident... It doesnt look like my opinion is changing anytime soon.
there about 3000 plus tow trucks in houston. i cant believe you see that many trucks. and you are probably one of the guys yelling get that out of the road . but youwant us to sit in traffic to get to the front to move the vehicles . and for your info the trucks on the frwy are safeclear and they are told to hurry and clear the frwy. there are only about 200-300 safeclear trucks on the frwy system. they are just the most visible. i would guess that you have had your car towed.

i am sorry to wrant about this but people tha have no clue about the towing biz. should keep thier mouth shut on the subject. i dont know alot of things and dont say anything about them.

Last edited by towman13; 07-17-2010 at 02:44 PM.
towman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #43
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Well since 99% of statistics blurted out online are bullshit I am dropping the flag on this one.

It was just a made up one. But think of how many laws the average tow truck driver breaks... passing on the shoulder, speeding, tailgating... etc. With their extremely aggressive driving because they want a payday I would assume that they on average break more than enough laws to cover my guesstimate of six. And since on occasion I will see a tow truck driver taking their sweet time getting to the scene of an accident.. That should more than cover my 5%

While my statistic was false, if you would like I will provide empirical proof next time I spout a stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towman13 View Post
there about 3000 plus tow trucks in houston. i cant believe you see that many trucks. and you are probably one of the guys yelling get that out of the road . but youwant us to sit in traffic to get to the front to move the vehicles . and for your info the trucks on the frwy are safeclear and they are told to hurry and clear the frwy. there are only about 200-300 safeclear trucks on the frwy system. they are just the most visible. i would guess that you have had your car towed.

i am sorry to wrant about this but people tha have no clue about the towing biz. should keep thier mouth shut on the subject. i dont know alot of things and dont say anything about them.
I have never had my car towed unless I wanted it taken somewhere, I dont mind when they are closer to the scene of the accident to go around traffic. that is understandable. I am talking about the people that are MILES away and are blasting down the shoulder and in the suicide lanes.. those are the asshats that shouldnt be allowed to do that.

Last edited by Perf_White_GT; 07-17-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Perf_White_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #44
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
I am a wrecker driver too. I dont see the problem with telling them about the wreck he would have found out anyway. As far as the vulture part i get tired of hearing that . alot people say tat but breakdown and we are your best friend and they always say help me out man give me a good deal. as soon as it is done we are back to a piece of wrecker driver. Everyne complains about us but we are there to do a job alot of people cant or wont do. i have seen alot of things most of you only talk about . try to do my job and then you might have respect for what we have to do and put with . also contrary to belief not all cops are friends with wrecker drivers there are alot of wrecker haters in the police force .

know as far as the guy running . if he ran and crashed that is his own fault it is not like anyone made him crash on purpose . he did that to himself . sounds like they let him go and were not going to chase him . till they found out he had crashed. as far as it goes who says the other guys wouldn't have told who he was.
you wreckers are vultures, i've had so many close calls while driving on the freeway because 2 wreckers in 1 ton pickup trucks are racing to an accident scene. i'll never ask for a discount for a wrecker because my insurance pays for my tows. the annoying thing is the cops turn a blind eye to the retardedness that is wreckers' driving. i am almost 100% convinvced cops get some money from wreckers. my all means, your job is a valued service to the masses but if the only way to do it is to repeatedly endangerthe lives of innocent drivers and riders then i say wreckers.

and every single wrecker does that bullshit so dont even dream of calling it an unfair generalization.

please dont take this personal because its directed at all wreckers, not just you. unfortunately for you, you are the one here defending wreckers so do other drivers a favor, get on that radio and pass the word.

all wreckers drive like asshats and endanger people's lives so no respect
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #45
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #46
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

I think its all the mexican tow truck drivers fault.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #47
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
So you believe in altering my statement? Or your glad they die?
I think it's likely they get what they earned.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #48
towman13

Bike(s):
2015 HD Streetglide

i see that everytime i get on the frwy in houston and it is normally not a wrecker. i drive a heavy duty wrecker and only haul 18wheelers . buti log 1000s of miles a week in houston traffic. i see people driving like that on a daily basis cutting trucks and cars off . you are part of the problem by singling out tow trucks . the news does the same thing .
Old 07-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #49
towman13

Bike(s):
2015 HD Streetglide

and every single wrecker does that bullshit so dont even dream of calling it an unfair generalization.

please dont take this personal because its directed at all wreckers, not just you. unfortunately for you, you are the one here defending wreckers so do other drivers a favor, get on that radio and pass the word.

all wreckers drive like asshats and endanger people's lives so no respect[/QUOTE]

if that was true. then motorcycle are just a bunch of lane splitting wheelie riding law breaking piece of @#%^s. that dont get tags or have license and always run from cops. that is called predgidous .
Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #50
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Yep, all tow truck drivers are the same, just like all the bikers and cops. I could go on but it wouldn't be politically correct and someone would take it the wrong way. I have never came across a single group of people in my life in which there weren't differences, because in the end we are all individuals. To single someone out because of what they do for work, look like, where they live etc. just shows ignorance. Sure, stereotypes are created for a reason, but everyone deserves to be defined by their own observed actions.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #51
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

[/QUOTE]

if that was true. then motorcycle are just a bunch of lane splitting wheelie riding law breaking piece of @#%^s. that dont get tags or have license and always run from cops. that is called predgidous .[/QUOTE]

That is called accurate you dam punks

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #52
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
. i have seen alot of things most of you only talk about .
yeah you see a lotta when you're rifling thru the towed cars. like cell phones, money, and goodies in the ash tray
Old 07-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #53
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
i see that everytime i get on the frwy in houston and it is normally not a wrecker. i drive a heavy duty wrecker and only haul 18wheelers . buti log 1000s of miles a week in houston traffic. i see people driving like that on a daily basis cutting trucks and cars off . you are part of the problem by singling out tow trucks . the news does the same thing .
well lemme told ya, when a wrecker cuts off an ambulance or Fire truck responding to an emergency we have a problem, wreckers ARE NOT emergency vehicles, I can't begin to count how many times the worthless have cut me off, the last time I happened to have a dash cam in my bus, the wrecker driver went to jail and I threw a party, and told his worthless seat cover to fukk off!

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #54
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

There are drivers/operators of all vehicles types that are idiots, or that realisticly are just plain too stupid to have a license. Everyone needs to get over the generalities and seperation of 'types'.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #55
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

99 zx9

and i forgot what this thread was about?
was it running and busting ur no riding ?
was it being a a tow truck driver?
was it being a police officer doing his job?
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #56
goose
Goose

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
the wreck just reported a wreck, may have saved the dumbass's life. And who gives a how they load a wrecked bike, drag that up there on it's side and haul .
1. The fcker should learn how to ride and turn before running
2. Why run?
3. Hope the dumbfck is in lots of pain
1 and 2 i agee...number 3??? You suck...he made a fukin mistake mister perfect...
Old 07-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #57
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
1 and 2 i agee...number 3??? You suck...he made a fukin mistake mister perfect...
YOu didn't know??? mudbug is perfect....
Im really happy for you and Im going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #58
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
Now I'm left wondering what snow got caught up in. Lol.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #59
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
Your fine with unusual punishment, thats vis a vis.
What unusual punishment? He's in the hospital, not jail
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #60
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
Wreck, Mame, Death are not punishment, they are consequences.

+ 1.5 Billion
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement